Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#26 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 6:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
On the mac and cheese issue, I don't know what color cheddar cheese is in your part of the world, but here in the US it is orange. So even if people don't eat the crap mac and cheese out of the box, and make it from scratch, it is still orange.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheddar_cheese

I buy the white cheddar because it has no orange food coloring.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 6:19 PM
There's a reason American cheddar has a reputation for being cheap and nasty. If cheese can be naturally orange, surely Kim K's ass must be real too.
Thanks again to the English for providing a voice of reason.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#29 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 8:11 PM
Looks MUCH better than the radioactive-looking American stuff. It's like day and night. I mean, just look at this shit.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#31 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 1:16 AM
Man I come back to my thread and y'all talking bout some damn mac and cheese. Smh

I talk to myself but no one answers ;_;
Top Secret Researcher
#32 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 2:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Natrocity
Man I come back to my thread and y'all talking bout some damn mac and cheese. Smh

Its about how you have to shut off free will to have a sim eat (or not eat) the American style Sim Mac and Cheese.

It's all very relevant... I think..
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#33 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 2:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
Its about how you have to shut off free will to have a sim eat (or not eat) the American style Sim Mac and Cheese.

It's all very relevant... I think..

I was just joking. I guess my tone came off as aggressive because I used a bad word. I think it's funny when threads go off on silly tangents. I know I learned some stuff about processed cheese today.

Site Helper
#34 Old 8th Sep 2017 at 1:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kaiko Espurr Mikkusu
For me, it depends on the sim. Cycl0n3, Boyd, Susan, Blair, and Caelo propably would eat it and it is even Cy's default favorite food in Sims 3.

But, perhaps someone like the Landgraab\Alto\Goth couples would not?

Depends on the mac and cheese...
Boil the pasta, melt real cheese and make a sauce, cover the pasta with the sauce, then bake the mixture until it's done requires a bit of skill.
Boil pasta, add some powder, stir and serve takes about as much skill as does chopping some vegetables and putting them into a bowl.

If the mac and cheese can cause a catastrophe if your cooking skill is low, it's the good kind.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Field Researcher
#35 Old 8th Sep 2017 at 3:46 AM
I turn it off when I'm doing something specific like trying to get one of them married, taking pictures, or need to focus on a sim without worrying about what the others are doing. For day to day activity I just pretty much constantly scroll though the portrait panel to see what there doing and redirect accordingly.
Mad Poster
#37 Old 10th Sep 2017 at 11:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown

You'd certainly have to shut off my free will to make me eat something that looks like that.

insert signature here
Site Helper
#38 Old 11th Sep 2017 at 2:12 PM
That picture looks like a mountain of scrambled eggs with a sprig of parsley on top.

(Does anybody put parsley on eggs?)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#39 Old 11th Sep 2017 at 2:26 PM
@Gargoyle Cat, yeah that looks like dog puke. Like what the heck-ums is that texture. I'm appalled they tried to put a garnish on that trash. At least I think that green spec is a garnish.

Alchemist
#40 Old 11th Sep 2017 at 4:47 PM
Nope, only if I create movies. Otherwise the sims are so robotic
Alchemist
#41 Old 18th Sep 2017 at 4:09 PM
I don't like watching my sims fuck up their relationships, fail to keep a job/schedule, and generally be underachieving and repetitive...so I don't play with free will on. I would have to download a ton of mods to compensate for their inherent stupidity and magnetic attraction to specific appliances/utilities, otherwise, and I'm trying to NOT run a severely bloated and laggy version of the game.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#42 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 3:21 AM
Yep half of my mods are fixing dumb autonomous Sim behavior and using returner. Social system in the game lacks a lot of realism and individuality. At the very least there could be dynamic/not mutual relationships.

I remember in the early days of the game Sims had more interesting wishes. I don't know if I'm imagining it but all the patches and content seemed to have water down the AI.

Or maybe I'm thinking that because the game was newer to me back then, and I didn't pick up on basic Sim behavior yet.

Instructor
#43 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 4:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG
I leave it on but am a control freak. So often I override what they think they're going to do next.

Same here, like other Simmers, I pause the game and queue them up. I leave free will on in case I am focused on one Sim and forget to check the queues of other Sims. Plus something feels wrong about turning off Free Will.

Also.. I love all mac and cheese. Radioactive or not.

I might one day finish my Zanes Hollow project, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Until then, you can see what I'm up to on my Simblr!
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 21st Sep 2017 at 7:44 AM
Tried it, can't play it coz it reminds me of my life so I give'em max free will coz that's what I don't have in real life.
I'll tell them sims to do something if I want to do the essentials, up their skills, or to find someone to woohoo with. Shit... I basically tell'em what to do 70% of the time...
Forum Resident
#45 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 9:16 PM
I only blocked the freewill for sims I select, all the rest I let the game does what they want to do with my sims I don't control. I have a hundred of sims in Sunset Valley, controlling each of them is not possible to me. I want to turn it definitively as well I don't like it at all but I am afraid I lost the charm of the alive city. I already turned off the story progression to make my game faster.
Page 2 of 2