Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Sep 2017 at 4:21 PM
Default Help stop the butterfly Spawning!
A few of my community lots for some reason have butterflies (and I mean thousands) of butterflies all over the lot where there shouldn't be--for instance the movie lot. It's not a park or outdoor area where there should be bugs and butterflies. I went to buydebug and checked it out and there were literally hundreds of spawners all over the lot. Some I could delete but there were some I could not. There are just too many. And I think when I leave the lot and come back--the deleted ones spawn again. They interfere with some actions because when I click on a Sim I only get "collect" and I want them to do other things. Is there a fix for this?
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 10th Sep 2017 at 5:51 PM
Save your game, in case this doesn't work.
Copy the lot to the bin
Bulldoze the lot
Save the game under a new name
exit the game and clear the caches. (May be optional.)
go back into the game, and in Edit Town put the affected lot back. DO NOT ROTATE IT!
See if this helps. There used to be a bug where rotating a lot duplicated any spawners on the lot. Now they seem to have tried to fix that by having all spawners, including harvestable plants, vanish when the lot is put into the bin. (either that or one of my NRAAS mods is fixing the duplicate spawners issue.)

The downside to this is that if it does work, and there was a spawner which you do want, you have to go place it manually from debug. And you're not going to be entertained by fish in the middle of the driveway unless you put them there.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Sep 2017 at 7:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Save your game, in case this doesn't work.
Copy the lot to the bin
Bulldoze the lot
Save the game under a new name
exit the game and clear the caches. (May be optional.)
go back into the game, and in Edit Town put the affected lot back. DO NOT ROTATE IT!
See if this helps. There used to be a bug where rotating a lot duplicated any spawners on the lot. Now they seem to have tried to fix that by having all spawners, including harvestable plants, vanish when the lot is put into the bin. (either that or one of my NRAAS mods is fixing the duplicate spawners issue.)

The downside to this is that if it does work, and there was a spawner which you do want, you have to go place it manually from debug. And you're not going to be entertained by fish in the middle of the driveway unless you put them there.

Thanks for quick response. Will give it a try. Stupid question, I know, but where do I save the game under new name? Don't want to mess anything up.
Site Helper
#4 Old 11th Sep 2017 at 12:34 AM
The easiest way is from the save menu. Instead of "Save" you click "Save As" and type a new name when it prompts you.
Then if something goes wrong, like the replacement lot deciding that it's not going to fit in the spot it came from even if you use Move Objects to try to place it, you have a game available to load where the lot was never moved.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Sep 2017 at 3:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
The easiest way is from the save menu. Instead of "Save" you click "Save As" and type a new name when it prompts you.
Then if something goes wrong, like the replacement lot deciding that it's not going to fit in the spot it came from even if you use Move Objects to try to place it, you have a game available to load where the lot was never moved.

Thanks so much!!!