Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Bob Ross Paint-Along Night - posted on 4th Sep 2017 at 10:54 PM
Replies: 78 (Who?), Viewed: 36618 times.
Page 4 of 4
Forum Resident
#76 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 7:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PANDAQUEEN
Although I'm deciding to, in spite of my better judgement, buy TS4, I need to research fully how it was more substance than style.

Here's my testimonial: it's more style than substance in its current state.

Follow the lives of my TS3 sims and their growing integrated economy.
Theorist
#77 Old 27th Jun 2017 at 6:34 PM
I don't demand detailed graphics but I abhore pixelisation and aliasing. When people were swooning over Tomb Raider 1 on the PS1 back in the day, I was numbed by how people could be happy with that much pixelisation. Some rock textures looked like chessboards, and that was not good enough for me. I wouldn't have tolerated it in the Megadrive / SNES era, so certainly not in the shiny new 32-bit era.
Likewise with Minecraft. For a game that is less than 6 years old, it looks shockingly bad in my eyes. I could only play that with some serious texture smoothing. I emulate 16 bit games on my PC that look better.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Mad Poster
#78 Old 1st Jul 2017 at 11:59 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 2nd Jul 2017 at 12:11 AM.
I don't play a lot of other games than Sims 2, but I can have a fun evening watching a video and playing something as basic as FreeCell (card game that came with the laptop). Since I last deleted the statistics, I've won 6576 games in all (98% of the games, closing in on 99%). My record is currently 4083 games without losing once, mostly because I accidentally shut down a game before finishing it, or I'd probably have a couple thousand more.

The most important thing with a game is its entertainment value. Good graphics is nice, but it's not all, and in some cases it can even ruin a game because of the decrease in playability. If you need a computer the eqivalient of Pixar's render farm to run the game, it's a lost cause...

-------------
Trouble with game makers these days:

Ideally:
- Priority 1: Make a great game with amazing gameplay that keeps you playing on and on for years to come
- Priority 2: Make the game environment look neat while being not too demanding on the graphics side
- Priority 3: Not blow up people's computers when they try to run the game with all settings on high

Reality:
- Priority 1: Make a visually stunning game
- Priority 2: Re-use an already bled-dry game concept, but make the environment so stunning nobody will notice
- Priority 3: Make the game environment so great that people need to buy a new computer just to be able to play it.
- Priority 4: Make the next edition even more stunning-looking, because people for some reason said the previous edition was boring (and may have mentioned slow, predictable, and way too heavy for their mid-range computer, but who wants to listen to that?)
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 4:53 PM
The Blockheads. I was addicted to this ugly mobile thing for quite a long time while I was 4.5 yrs. in Hell without a pyooter. Great gameplay. Would even play now if I weren't so addicted to all my PC vidiocy.

Kidney stones are never round pebbles... they are more like jagged stalactites.
Page 4 of 4