Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 9:43 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Pets, Seasons
Default Which laptop would be more suitable for Sims 3?
I hope no one's going to throw rocks at me for posting on this forum, but I saw a similar thread below so I thought perhaps I can post this here too, since it's still related to TS3.

I'm planning on buying a "new" laptop and yes a "new" one, because I haven't got that much money but my current laptop is just plain awful for playing TS3. (I have Intel Celeron clocking at 1.5GHz and integrated Intel HD Graphics).

So what I'm looking for is a decent laptop for taking pictures in TS3, so no, I'm not looking for a laptop that could run Sims smoothly on high settings, I already know these laptops can't do it. Also consider what level my CPU and GPU are currently - I don't demand much after those. I don't play that much, I only use CAS/CAP and build modes as well as take pictures of those created simmies and buildings. Also I only have Seasons and Pets installed and about 12 gigas of custom content.

First option:
Packard Bell Easynote TV
AMD Dual-Core Processor A6-4400M 2.7GHz (up to 3.2GHz with Turbo Core)
6GB DDR3
AMD Radeon HD 7520G + 7670M with 1GB Dedicated VRAM

Second option:
HP Pavilion 15-p052no
AMD A-Series A8-6410 Quad-core 2.0GHz - 2.4GHz
6GB DDR3L-SDRAM
AMD Radeon R5 + R7 M260

I do know the CPUs are the bottlenecks in both, but I'm wondering how much would they affect the graphics?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 3:53 PM
Both will do, though 2nd is better - no matter of clock (the funny GigaGigaHertzes does not matter so much anymore) more cores always give you additional power space for machine.

install more RAM instantly, the "more" is better. In fact, if it's possible put as much as you technically can. And its' not so costly.

Honestly I do not know much about Radeons' GPU's series. They should do work fine as it seems if the drivers are not screwed and the game properly recognise it (or you made the game to recognise).

Quote: Originally posted by Kuuraja
I do know the CPUs are the bottlenecks in both, but I'm wondering how much would they affect the graphics?

not really at this level.* The disc will be, that's for sure 'till it's flash.

*ofc the game has potential to kill dozyliard-core cpu in no time, just put certain high amount of sims in the buggy world

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"