Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 6:59 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Clothes appear with "skin texture"
Hello and thanks for reading !
So I have this very annoying glitch.. I searched all day something on it but couldn't find anything similar..

Here's a picture :

It happens with custom content and default replacements (not all of them, but a lot..), and on my Sims and NPCs.
I have all extensions, I delete my accessory and groups caches everytime before I play, I use Sims2Pack Cleaner Installer, verified I have all the meshes for the clothes,..
I really can't say when or after what it happened : I always verify my new downloads, I haven't downloaded anything new before this and all the clothes that glitches now worked perfectly for a long time !

EDIT : I feel like it has something to do with Maxis meshes, I found a new dress that doesn't work and the mesh is a Maxis one...

Thanks again for reading, hope someone knows how to fix that !
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 8:38 PM
This happens to all of us from time to time, and it means that the game isn't reading any textures for that mesh. This might be down to a bad file, a conflict with another file (I don't know how clothing meshes work, but presume they have GUID's or something), failure to get the texture into the downloads folder, or whatever. A default that works fine on its own may interfere with the proper functioning of a recolor of the original mesh. You could easily get two defaults which conflict with each other, since it can be hard to remember what you've already downloaded defaults for and a default for UF (Universal Female) may well conflict with another TF or AF only default.

The only way I've found to deal with this is to test defaults (either on the fly while playing or in an otherwise CC-free configuration) and swap out the ones that don't work with other until I find one that satisfies me. Doing a wildcard search of my Defaults folder for the name of the original Maxis item usually helps me. The Sims 2 Default Database can help you track down alternate defaults and also keep track of which outfits are named what!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 9:00 PM
Ok, thanks a lot ! I will do that !