Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 2:46 AM
Default Xml mods
I dont understand how to install these.
Can anyone explain please? Like really clear?
Thank you :lovestruc
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 3:19 AM
It's actually quite simple:

1. Cut and paste the .zip file(s) into your Mods folder
Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\

2. First time installing XML mods:
Make an empty folder named "unpackedmod" in the Mods folder
In your resource.cfg, add the line " DirectoryFiles unpackedmod autoupdate " at the very end.

to open resource.cfg you may have to right click and select "Open with..." then choose something like notepad, when done just hit "CTRL + S" and exit.

If mod still isn't working you may need to unpack the zip in to your "unpackedmod" folder. sometimes mine don't work without doing that sometimes they do.

(if you need pictures I can try to get them)
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#3 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 3:21 AM
The instructions above are for script mods, not XML tuning. The "unpackedmod" folder business is also outdated (was only necessary between 1.0.677.20 and 1.0.732.20).

XML tuning in .packages works exactly like all other CC .. drop package in /Mods, done. More instructions see the upload post of whichever mod you want to install.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 12:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
The instructions above are for script mods, not XML tuning. The "unpackedmod" folder business is also outdated (was only necessary between 1.0.677.20 and 1.0.732.20).

XML tuning in .packages works exactly like all other CC .. drop package in /Mods, done. More instructions see the upload post of whichever mod you want to install.

Hello.

Oh, thats very helpful.
I always saw this 'resource.cfg' things , and couldnt understand.
So these changes in wordpad are not necessary anymore?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#5 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 1:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xCharlieee
So these changes in wordpad are not necessary anymore?

You mean adding the "unpackedmod" path? Not if you have the current version of the game (or the one before that) - XML works out of packages now. Like I said, this was only a temporary workaround (Source).

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 2:51 PM
Ok, i fully understand now.

Thanks for the help!
Locked thread