Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 2:10 AM
Default Child Support?
I have a girl that was dating two guys and got knocked up by man A but ended up being with man B and broke it off with A. She even has kids with B now. I was thinking I could add money to their account each week or every other week as "child support" for the one who's dad is man A. How much seems like a fair amount though? If I just use kaching I feel like that's way too much and I could only do it like once a month. If I use the funds cheat though to give them a specific amount I could just add a couple hundred each week. Has anyone else done this in one of their games before? I'm thinking of it as a money cheat that's not technically cheating because in real life dude would be paying each week, and probably a pretty good amount too.

Any suggestions for amounts?
Advertisement
One Minute Ninja'd
#2 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 2:34 AM
In 3, NRaas story progression does $100 a day, or $200 a day if the responsible parent is "rich" until the child is a teen (I guess the fact that teens can work sort of negates the child support payments in game, unlike IRL). I don't really know too much about the economics in 4 now, especially with the new higher bills, but something like $300 to 500 a week would sound reasonable. Probably easiest to just pick an amount and add it by familyfunds every week on say Monday of each week. And more flexible in setting the amount. After all, if the kid suddenly needs braces, the other parent will have to kick in more that week, right?
Forum Resident
#3 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 2:41 AM
Yeaaaaah kaching is a lot imho
It depends on a few factors for my sims, are your sim and Man B married now? Do they both have jobs? How much do they make? How much are your bills? Does Man A have a job?
I look at all that math and bullshit an appropriate amount (or you could just work it out, i just hate math)
I haven't done it in Sims 4 (because bills, ugh) but in the sims 3 when my sim lived in a rinky dink house and had level a 1-2 job earning maybe 40-115 every workday, the father had the same income and the same living conditions, i gave her 200 a week in child support for 1 child.
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 2:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
In 3, NRaas story progression does $100 a day, or $200 a day if the responsible parent is "rich" until the child is a teen (I guess the fact that teens can work sort of negates the child support payments in game, unlike IRL). I don't really know too much about the economics in 4 now, especially with the new higher bills, but something like $300 to 500 a week would sound reasonable. Probably easiest to just pick an amount and add it by familyfunds every week on say Monday of each week. And more flexible in setting the amount. After all, if the kid suddenly needs braces, the other parent will have to kick in more that week, right?

I didn't know NRaas had a that! That's helpful to use as a starting point.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 2:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Weisskreuz
Yeaaaaah kaching is a lot imho
It depends on a few factors for my sims, are your sim and Man B married now? Do they both have jobs? How much do they make? How much are your bills? Does Man A have a job?
I look at all that math and bullshit an appropriate amount (or you could just work it out, i just hate math)
I haven't done it in Sims 4 (because bills, ugh) but in the sims 3 when my sim lived in a rinky dink house and had level a 1-2 job earning maybe 40-115 every workday, the father had the same income and the same living conditions, i gave her 200 a week in child support for 1 child.

Right. They are married now and he works but not her. He makes like $500-800 per day, he's level 4 or 5 in the astronaut career.

I haven't done the math yet either because I have the mod to reduce the bills because the first bill I got was like $5000+ and it scared the crap out of me because that is way higher then ever before and while I may cheat to give my sims a house to begin with I don't leave them with a bunch of money leftover so I almost couldn't pay in time. I think for this family I may remove the mod, find out what their bills are plus food through the week and cost of kids stuff and figure out a per person number and add that amount.

I hate math too lol but I've been getting really into the math for this game for things like how much money you can make gardening, which careers give you the most money, etc. Not gonna lie, I have an excel sheet for all of it. lol
Instructor
#6 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 6:39 AM
Someone should make a mod for this.
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 7:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by drinkmorecocoa
Someone should make a mod for this.

That would be awesome actually. It could probably be something as simple as choosing an amount and then the mod would just automatically dump that much in your account each week. Don't know how hard that would actuall be to make but it wouldn't have to do any complicated math like determining how much or anything like that.

That'd be nice.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 9:32 AM
I always waited on a mod for child support before trying to implement it in the game. All the while waiting for it, I am always putting it on my wish list. Guess we might have to wait until The Sims Team try to make a SP, if that ever happens. I would happily accept a Monique's Banking Mod in the game if that worked with the set up Sims 4 have now.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.