Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Feb 2014 at 2:40 AM
Default I present the Purple Disaster of the People: Perpules

Wow. What glorious purple light breaks yon window? It's a Sims 2 lot that is confused and frightened. So I've got this triple structure on a base of a square foundation that holds a square basement underneath where the poor sim(s) will live. Why a square? Because it's the simplest thing that could hold those three upright near-triangles. And so much of it is just... bare. Haven't tried making a triangle basement. It's Open for Business, Pets, and Seasons. Living in a triangle basement, how hard is that? Not as hard as making these upright near-triangles look non-awful.

I mean, yes the purpose of this lot is to be outside the norm but man is it being difficult to work out. And what's with those triangle patterns on the foundation? Looks like Pollock and Huxtable teamed up to experiment with the hy-pot-in-use, hur hur. Can this even be a lot? My question to all is: can this still work at all? And the harder I try with purple the worse it gets, so I'm not set on purple and trying to make this blue, red, purple color scheme. It looks like A Nightmare Before Easter. This lot needs help, in fact it needs to go to rehab. I'll change anything and see where it goes.

As it stands it doesn't look at all like what I'm trying to accomplish: Neat, futuristic, simple, feng shui. It's more funk shoe.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 13th Feb 2014 at 8:04 AM
well, it's definitely out of the box. but it's definitely lacking to impress. not really sure what to suggest but from the "roof" i see two styles that don't go together. it's either the neat clean cut of the triangles or the spotty design of the floor work. together they don't seem to go hand in hand with me...
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Feb 2014 at 9:26 AM
Thank you! Yeah, when I drew it on paper it looked like it had potential. I'll go with clean cut and maybe make it pink and white, narrow the foundation so that there is not so much of it, lose the pollock triangle confetti, try to fix that roof. This would have been so much easier if that picky roof tool could make a triangle roof that is longer than it is wide. So much space on that foundation... but narrowing it will make the basement that much smaller. One sim it is, then.
Instructor
#4 Old 13th Feb 2014 at 4:03 PM
If a sim is going to live in it, it needs a bathroom, kitchen, bedroom, etc. just take that into account if someone lives in it..It needs walls, not just a open space.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 14th Feb 2014 at 3:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shoosh Malooka
Thank you! Yeah, when I drew it on paper it looked like it had potential. I'll go with clean cut and maybe make it pink and white, narrow the foundation so that there is not so much of it, lose the pollock triangle confetti, try to fix that roof. This would have been so much easier if that picky roof tool could make a triangle roof that is longer than it is wide. So much space on that foundation... but narrowing it will make the basement that much smaller. One sim it is, then.

Don't get me wrong, it surely has potential. For me this is the kind of lot I want more on MTS, that is, the weird one. It's good to draft houses first on paper but keep in mind that there's always plenty that will change on the actual lot. So you're going to have to improvise once in actual build mode and make some sacrifices in case some of the stuff can't be made. Who am I kidding, you probably know this already. Speaking of which, if it's ok with you, can you scan and post the paper draft here? I'm kinda curious as to how it looks on paper.

Honestly , not much to go with, that would explain the lack of feedbacks. Try to tweak the lot a bit more. Then come back and post the results. We'll see then what needs work...