Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jul 2014 at 3:00 AM
Default Who else is looking forward to EA ending support for the Sims 3?
An Ultimate Collection for the Sims 3 would be amazing.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 19th Jul 2014 at 3:43 AM
Yeah. It's like $400 for free! Well... $400 for expansion packs...
Mad Poster
#3 Old 19th Jul 2014 at 3:49 AM
If they end support, it might be impossible for others to buy Sims 3, just like it is with Sims 2.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 19th Jul 2014 at 3:52 AM
i'm not looking forward to them ending support. what kind of question is that?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 19th Jul 2014 at 4:48 AM
Alchemist
#6 Old 19th Jul 2014 at 10:26 AM
How about they release the Ultimate Collection without ending the support...

Just call me Nikel
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 19th Jul 2014 at 4:01 PM
They may do something like that when they're done with TS4 and are about to release TS5.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Field Researcher
#8 Old 19th Jul 2014 at 7:14 PM
I thought they were ending support for sims 2. Is the ultimate collection going to be all expansions, possibly stuff packs? If so at least with eps, then I cant wait. Maybe this version will load up for me and I can go back to playing again saying goodbye to shitty ass sims 3
Field Researcher
#9 Old 19th Jul 2014 at 8:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by darkannie
I thought they were ending support for sims 2. Is the ultimate collection going to be all expansions, possibly stuff packs? If so at least with eps, then I cant wait. Maybe this version will load up for me and I can go back to playing again saying goodbye to shitty ass sims 3

According the email I received last week, my "current version of The Sims 2 will lose technical support on July 22, 2014." Funny thing is, I don't think they've really offered support for it for years but I couldn't say for sure as I've never needed it (knock-on-wood). They already sent me the Ultimate Collection and I installed it to check it out. It includes ALL EPs & SPs and the Holiday Pack, which not many people had. It also includes a couple exchange-only items the Maxoids released on the official site. No store content, but I already have all that anyway.

They didn't fix any of the lingering bugs but it is fully patched. It's nice as a backup and if I ever want to try Pets because I never wanted that EP.

I doubt they'll release any sort of UC for TS3 for a loooong time, considering it took them so long to do this for TS2. And I doubt they'll release it for free after they saw how many people are taking advantage of this offer.
dodgy builder
#10 Old 20th Jul 2014 at 10:30 AM
I would like them to stop messing up my sims3 game now, that would be lovely. They don't really know how to fix issues anyway, just let the modders have fun playing with it's features. I would like more mods instead.