Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 4:22 PM
How do you get rid of Spare Sims?
How do you get rid of spare Sims? I've got 8 living on my lot right now and I'm finding it really hard to control everyone. Also I need to make room so that new babies can be born. It's best when there's only 3 or 4 Sims, so easy to manage! I guess I could "accidentally" have a Sim die from fire or something, but it would totally be on purpose.

It's for a Legacy Challenge, and there are 5 Sims that haven't completed their LTW yet, so I don't want to lose any of them. There's also 1 Sim who is a level 10 doctor so I want to keep him around just for the money. 1 more Sim has completed her LTW but I'm keeping her to try and unlock the Omni seeds. I probably shouldn't have moved in the 8th Sim, I was planning on him marrying and moving out but now I'm not sure. I don't entirely trust the game's Story Progression.

Check out my Legacy Challenge:
Chapter 41: Do Babies Eat Sand?
Advertisement
One Minute Ninja'd
#2 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 5:04 PM
1. Have the sim you want gone pick up the phone and move out. If you're nice, let them take some money and move to an empty house. If you're not, select "kick out" and send them packing with the clothes on their back and their possessions up their ass in their personal inventory.

2. If you want some intermediary balance of those 2 choices, try Twallan's Mover, which lets you control how much money they take, so you don't have to kick them out on to the mean streets with NO money, but at least something that you can configure in the mod.

3. If you just want them gone, throw them on a treadmill, get them fatigued moodlet, and force them to keep swimming until they finally freaking drown. If you make them keep swimming, they can't climb out. NOTE: this only works for TS3, as 4 does not have pools in the base game, so if you have too many bro's, tough shit.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 6:05 PM
There are options in NRaas SP I believe that would let you move them into another house and set a Caste for them so they won't progress until you direct them to. Also, you might want to look into NRaas Porter, leaving the Porter package in your Sim Bin until you want to put them back in game. Porter will keep the family, jobs and relationships with those ported in tact. If you do not find the options you are looking for in here, try posting your question over at NRaas.
Spice Pony
#4 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 6:40 PM
NRaas -> Master Controller -> Advanced -> Total Annihilation

But if you don't have Master Controller, or feel that erasing your sims from existence is too cruel, you could also just move them back to the bin from Edit Town, which is pretty much the same thing. Or, you could split them up in Edit Town and move them to another household instantly.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 6:46 PM
Dexter.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 8:00 PM
You can also move some out and use the "freerealestate" cheat to just plunk them down wherever you want.

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 8:10 PM
I usually take the ones I don't want to play with and save them in the bin. Then I'll move them out until I want to play with them again. I don't like EA's Story Progression, either, so I'd rather have them lose the family relationships than put them into the hands of the game's progression engine.