Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jun 2014 at 11:58 PM Last edited by bulugu : 23rd Jun 2014 at 1:51 AM.
Default Desperate Survival - World Devastation
BACKSTORY
You find yourself staring at the tiramisu cupcakes you made almost 24 hours ago. They were defiantly the best cupcakes you've ever had AND were a huge hit at the party you hosted. Only seven left, sitting on a display plate, almost staring in to your soul. You grab a butter knife and split one in half. That's it, you tell yourself. It's surprising how g'day the world change over the past eight hours. Delicious. You cut half of the half of the cupcake. Mmmmm. You decide just to finish the last bit of cupcake before realizing, this is the last bit of food you have. And you can't get more.
Later that night, you find yourself rummaging through your junk drawer hoping to find some source of light. Aha. Matches. You light a vanilla-lavender scented candle you received for your birthday. You didn't know being twenty-one would start off like this. A rough knocking on your door sends a chill up your spine. You live with no one and you don't even have a boyfriend. Your curiosity takes over and you arm yourself with a butter knife. The door creaks open. A dark-looking figure enters your home. You see this is a woman because of her tall heels. The mysterious woman takes off her hood and reveals herself. You call out your sisters name, but a sharp nail touches your lips. "Shh," she says. "We are in trouble."
You sit by the warmth of a candle in your small apartment reading the letter your sister gave you. It's a government letter, of course. She is a hacker and a great stealer, and is always in what their problems are.
"Once I read this letter, I printed it out and rushed to you. I knew you would want to be informed. I would bring Max along (your brother), but he's..." Your sisters soft-spoken voice trails off. Sheer disappointment reflects in her eyes. Her dark clothing also helps create the mood. You look down at the letter, it reads:
Mayor Of _______ (your chosen town), I'm sorry to say an infestation of a "bug" had broke out in Sunset Valley. Our town has the perfect conditions to make this "bug" thrive. They are evolving faster than ever in our conditions. Scientists were working on antidote to "slow down" the process of evolving but our technology is no were near that point. Now, they are possessing humans and becoming "them". To keep them from thriving, we need to remove all sources of supplies to survive. Remaining unpossessed humans will have to use remaining materials at their homes to survive. Meetings will be held at the local park for chance of infection, updates, and supplies. Thank you very much sir.
Agent B.

CAS
Create two female young adult sims (or one female and one male if you decided you wanted the brother to survive). Choose their traits according to how YOU feel matches their description in the backstory. Design them however you feel like fits them best. Chose a LTW (life time wish) that you think is somewhat possible to achieve during this challenge, although, you don't have to achieve it right away.

SETTING UP THIS "MYSTERIOUS" PLACE
Choose a nice sized lot, around 39 x 39. If there isn't a lot that size in your town choose the closest one in size. ALL water and electrical items have been cut off so you are pretty much left with nothing. You may still have an outdoor toilet but if you could download a more suitable one for an "apocalyptic situation" that would be awesome. Cover your lot in trees and a small room for "living". It could have a couple of chairs, a couch, a coffee table or two, a few plants, a little decor, candles, a rug, or whatever you feel is a suitable living area. No lights or electric items though! You may have a fridge, but you must empty it. The fridge may be the cheapest (for a harder challenge) or second cheapest, but nothing above. And that, is what you call home. After you build your home set your money to 12,000 Simoleons. You may use this money for buying groceries and paying taxes

GAMEPLAY
Little things before "officially starting".
1) Lifespan may be as long as you want
2) Lunar cycle should be stuck on first quarter, nothing else
3) Seasons should be set to Summer, 2 days, Fall, 2 days, Winter, 2 days, and Spring, 1 day.
4) Delete all lots except the supermarket and homes.

GETTING FOOD
This may be difficult especially because of "the bug" going around. Only on meeting days you may go to the supermarket to buy fruits or vegetables to grow (Which I'll get to after this).

MEETINGS
Government "meetings" are held every week the only day it is spring. Make a community lot nearest to the market with refrigerators, picnic tables, some outdoor games, and a "testing table". The government officials test you for infection. You will have to roll. If you aren't possessed, you may gather your weekly groceries (you may only buy five items) and you may hang out at the park for the day. Nice bathrooms and shower areas are provided at the meetings too.

ROLLING
Roll with three normal, six-sided dice. So the highest number possible is eighteen.
If you are required to do a roll, roll the dice. Then you will have the check the requirement number for that day. If you get a score lower than the requirement number, your sim is possessed and will have to die. But don't worry, there are more chances to add sims to your household throughout the challenge. Also, for the first four levels of a skill, you get a plus one. But say you are level eight in a skill, you DONT get plus two. It is only for the first four. Here is an example roll:
You roll your dice. The requirement for the day is twelve. First you get six. Then four. Then one. Your art skill is at level five. And athletic at 3. That is a total of twelve. You survived!

MISERABLE OR MAGNIFICENT MOMENTS
MorM moments are rolled every other day or every day for a harder challenge. This is out of fifteen. Use random.org.
1 - add sim to household
2 - remove all food from household
3 - free trip to market (only three items)
4 - may not sleep for a night
5 - add any non-electrical item
6 - no using toilet for one day
7 - add a bicycle
8 - roll
9 - may have nice meal
10 - remove a sim from household
11 - one roll pass for one sim (you can also use them after you get possessed to save yourself)
12 - remove one furniture item
13 - add toddler and needs for him/her (crib, training potty, etc.)
14 - the requirement number is fifteen the next time you are required to roll
15 - delete your refrigerator for five days

DAYS OF DEVASTATION
This challenge takes place over an 8 week period, as long as it takes to take control of the bugs.

Week 1:
Days 1-3 Requirement: 6
These are the days were the bugs are mostly under control. Some people are still unaware of the situation, so the government takes an easy on the towns citizens. Finding out earlier makes it better for you and your sister. Roll if you touch any person on accident.

Days 4-7 Requirement: 7
You are desperate for skill building items to protect yourself from the bug. You may rummage through trash or any other way to get items for your sims. If a sim is talking-length from you, you must roll.

Day 7 Requirement: 7
This is when you HAVE to go to the meeting to roll for the bug. You also can play there for the day and buy groceries (only five items)! If you run into anyone outside the meeting (talking length away) you must roll.

Week 2:
Days 8-10 Requirement: 7
A crowd of people stop near your house and ask you for food or shelter for a day. They say they are bug free, but your sister doesn't trust that. They want to make a deal:
Give them 5 units of food and they will leave in peace.
Give them shelter for a night BUT you have to roll once for each household member.
Meeting other people talking-length away will result in a roll.

Days 11-13 Requirement: 8
Meeting other people about three talking spaces away you will have to roll. The government are finding more contagious cases of the bug. You hear a big plop on your front doorstep. You run to your door to see a man with wood, a hammer, nails, and a basket. He says he will build you a skill building item or five units of food (your choice) if you let him live with you. But you will have to roll. If you shoo him off, he goes and comes back empty handed and says, "I'm staying here anyways but no trades for you this time."

Day 14 Requirement: 8
This is another meeting day. Roll at the meeting, hang out there for the day, and roll if you run into anyone three talking spaces away outside the meeting area. Shop for groceries (five items only).

Week 3:
Days 15-18 Requirement: 12
You still roll if you meet anyone three talking spaces away from you. The man you've "invited" to stay over starts acting weird, and says he feels ill. You see a nurse walking across your street and you call her over. You see her give herself a shot of orange liquid as she approaches you. You explain the man is sick and acing weird, and the nurse asks you about his medical records. You shake your head. She approaches the man and runs an x-ray thing on his forehead. You see her study your floor. She kicks around a nail or two until you hear an irritating beeping sound. The nurse whispers, "He has the bug, but his case is not contagious. If you let me stay here, I'd like to study him for a cure. You can either let me stay, but you have to get tested (roll) or you can shoo me away and not get tested."

Days 19-20 Requirement: 9
If you chose to let the nurse stay, you get three roll passes to share with the household members. The nurse takes the man away to make more part-time antidotes for people.

Day 21 Requirement: 9
You do your usual at the meeting. Shop for groceries, get tested, play. But then they announce they have found a new type of the bug going around. They require everyone to eat out of a jellybean plant. If you don't have supernatural, you can either skip this part or kill a member in your household.

Week 4:
Days 22-24 Requirement: 9
You here a rustling in the bushes. You walk over with a baseball bat, and then you hear screaming.
"STOP!!!" The voice says. A boy, maybe fifteen, comes out of the bushes and says hi. He said he was looking for his sister. If you help him, you must roll but then he will pay you back with one unit of food and one of his roll-passes. If you shoo him away, he runs off crying like a seven year old and you don't have to roll.

Days 25-27 Requirement: 5
The doctors found another case of the bug, more horrifying than ever. If you are on the same lot as someone outside your household, you have to roll.

Day 28 Requirement: 6
It's meeting day again. You get your tests, groceries, and play games and stuff. If you meet anyone on the same lot as you outside of the meeting you must roll.

Week 5:
Days 29-33 Requirement: 6
Burglars come to your home. They take three items. You may choose any of these three combinations:
4 units of food, a couch, two skill items
6 units of food, two skill building items
3 units of food, two beds, 8 decor

You see though that they dropped a snack bar (1 unit of food) and batteries.

Day 34 Requirement: 4
Go to the grocery store and dive in the dumpster. Keep diving for items until you find a TV or the money to get one. Don't forget to roll every time someone comes on the lot. Since you have batteries you can power the TV. Once you have your TV, you look through your drawers to find where you put those batteries. Grrr! You think.

Day 35 Requirement: 7
Meeting day! Groceries, testing, playing, etc. You come home from the long day at the meeting. When changing in to PJs, the batteries are right there on top of the dresser. You roll your eyes and Finns a screwdriver. Using candle flame, you study the tiny letters on the television to find out how in the world you get the batteries in. You successfully get the batteries in with your TV up and running. All that shows on the screen is static. You turn down the volume a bit and go to sleep outside in your sleeping bag.

Week 6:
Days 36-38 Requirement: 6
The TV flickers on. You stare at it with head tilted, interested. A woman in a white, knit coat takes over the screen. She explains things that are confusing to you. Then you realize when the burglars came, they were carrying a small TV. The woman was telling info about a safe place, away from this madness. This was meant for those thieves, so they would be safe. The woman mentions what you need to get in the safe house. She mentions your mood having to have to be green and being level five in five skills. She says you must bring something for the people to help them survive. Before the woman turns away, she states that your lifetime wish must be achieved. The television turns back to static in a matter of seconds after her last words. You get up, write the requirements on your refrigerator with an Expo marker, and tell the rest if your household. You feel determined and relieved. For the next few days, work on getting five skills to level five (getting them higher will be better for the sequel to the challenge).

Days 39-41 Requirement: 7
You are either done getting to to level five in five skills, or you are almost there. Next on that list is life time wish. You believe you will achieve it. You go out and beg for Simoleons to get the equipment you need. But you are careful about what you do know about the safe house.

Day 42 Requirement: 12
Meeting day again! Testing takes place, games, and grocery shopping. Once you get home, you decide to turn the TV back on. The same video plays again. You press the FWD button on the television. A video on the safe house. Quite big, you think. FWD again, Static. The television's battery bursts open and sparks fly out of the chamber. *faceslap*

Week 7:
Days 43-46 Requirement: 7
Now you must get the "gifts" to give when you go to the survival shelter. You must have 10 units of this "gift". It can't be bad either (like tomatoes, paintings, etc). It has to be somewhat valuable like ten Angelfish, ten life fruit (okay not that extreme), or anything else that you think would be fair. It should be hard to receive too, so keep that in mind.

Days 47-48 Requirement 7
A mixture of YAs and teens pass you by. They ask if you would like any more people on your team. If you do, you must roll for that person. Or you can tell them no. These days are also good for just improving on skills and getting supplies.

DAY 49 Requirement: 8
You go to the town meeting to get testing, freshen up, and play. Suddenly, the entire meeting area is enclosed by 7ft bugs, about to feed on and take over bodies. You slip past under one of their legs and hail for a taxi. In a matter of seconds. A taxi is there to come a race you off to somewhere. The driver asks were you would like to go while making sharp, wobbly turns to escape the buggers. "Sunset Valley," you stammer. He races you out of the scene in no time.

I HOPE YOU GUYS LIKED THIS CHALLENGE. IT TOOK FOREVER. IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS FOR THE CHALLENGE AND YOU MAY PUT THIS ON YOUTUBE. IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS PLEASE ASK AND THE SEQUEL FOR THIS CHALLENGE SHOULD COME OUT SOON. Have an awesome day!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 4:34 AM
This sounds like a lot of fun and it sounds very challenging too x) I'm confused about the rolling system, though.

The instructions say you have to roll according to the requirement. Does that mean you have to roll everyday? And does that mean your sims could be killed pretty much any day or does it correspond to the MorM rolling?

For example: days 1-3 have a requirement of 6, does that mean that you roll the three dice for days 1-3 while making sure you get at least six points? Or do you only roll, say, on the third day of that time period?
Can you also explain how the skill points (in your example) are supposed to be helpful? I'm not really seeing the connection there:

"You roll your dice. The requirement for the day is twelve. First you get six. Then four. Then one. Your art skill is at level five. And athletic at 3. That is a total of twelve. You survived!" (so if you don't get the initial requirement, does that mean you can use your skill points to get the rest of the pts?)

Also when you accidentally run into other sims, you must roll again (per sim of your household?) to fulfill the requirement again?

If the MorM is independent of the actual rolling or whatever, then you have to roll every other day (or every day) no matter what, correct?

Now this one is out of curiosity, but how would you go about fulfilling some of these scenarios? Say, for example, the carpenter man. Would you just add a random sim to your household and add a skill item /5 units of food? Are there any limits on the skill items we can use since this seems to be a bit of an apocalyptic type of challenge (so guitar skill doesn't seem too practical, and so on) ?

In any case, I mostly wanted a clarification on the rolling system. I hope it wasn't too annoying a read xD and I'm really looking forward to this challenge!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 5:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kimby-chan0111
This sounds like a lot of fun and it sounds very challenging too x) I'm confused about the rolling system, though.

The instructions say you have to roll according to the requirement. Does that mean you have to roll everyday? And does that mean your sims could be killed pretty much any day or does it correspond to the MorM rolling?

For example: days 1-3 have a requirement of 6, does that mean that you roll the three dice for days 1-3 while making sure you get at least six points? Or do you only roll, say, on the third day of that time period?
Can you also explain how the skill points (in your example) are supposed to be helpful? I'm not really seeing the connection there:

"You roll your dice. The requirement for the day is twelve. First you get six. Then four. Then one. Your art skill is at level five. And athletic at 3. That is a total of twelve. You survived!" (so if you don't get the initial requirement, does that mean you can use your skill points to get the rest of the pts?)

Also when you accidentally run into other sims, you must roll again (per sim of your household?) to fulfill the requirement again?

If the MorM is independent of the actual rolling or whatever, then you have to roll every other day (or every day) no matter what, correct?

Now this one is out of curiosity, but how would you go about fulfilling some of these scenarios? Say, for example, the carpenter man. Would you just add a random sim to your household and add a skill item /5 units of food? Are there any limits on the skill items we can use since this seems to be a bit of an apocalyptic type of challenge (so guitar skill doesn't seem too practical, and so on) ?

In any case, I mostly wanted a clarification on the rolling system. I hope it wasn't too annoying a read xD and I'm really looking forward to this challenge!!

Hi! I'm glad you asked. You don't have to roll every day, but only in a situation where you have to (like when you touch another sim). The requirement number for the day is the number you at least need to get to survive. Here is another example roll:

It's day one and my requirement number is six. I roll with my three dice:

First roll Second roll Third roll
•••• ••• ••••••
4 3 6
If you add those together, you get 13. You defiantly survive.

For the skill bonuses, you get a plus one for the first four skill levels only. So if I was level 5 in cooking, three in fishing, and 8 in athletic, I would get a plus two. So if I used the above scenario my score would be 15, giving me a better chance of survival. Since the fishing skill isn't up to level four yet, I don't get a plus one for it. And even though I'm level eight in athletic, it only counts for the first four levels of the skill.

For the scenario part if your question, yes, you would add a skill building item, a random guy to your household, and five units of food (you can go to the grocery store for that)! And I would put limitations on skill building items but some people complain about that and I don't want a ton of comments asking to do so.

I hope this helped! If you need further clarification, PM me
Test Subject
#4 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 6:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bulugu
Hi! I'm glad you asked. You don't have to roll every day, but only in a situation where you have to (like when you touch another sim). The requirement number for the day is the number you at least need to get to survive. Here is another example roll:

It's day one and my requirement number is six. I roll with my three dice:

First roll Second roll Third roll
•••• ••• ••••••
4 3 6
If you add those together, you get 13. You defiantly survive.

For the skill bonuses, you get a plus one for the first four skill levels only. So if I was level 5 in cooking, three in fishing, and 8 in athletic, I would get a plus two. So if I used the above scenario my score would be 15, giving me a better chance of survival. Since the fishing skill isn't up to level four yet, I don't get a plus one for it. And even though I'm level eight in athletic, it only counts for the first four levels of the skill.

For the scenario part if your question, yes, you would add a skill building item, a random guy to your household, and five units of food (you can go to the grocery store for that)! And I would put limitations on skill building items but some people complain about that and I don't want a ton of comments asking to do so.

I hope this helped! If you need further clarification, PM me

Yes, this was a great clarification!! Thanks a lot! I think I'm going to try this challenge after all :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 6:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kimby-chan0111
Yes, this was a great clarification!! Thanks a lot! I think I'm going to try this challenge after all :D

Yay! I'm exited! If you want to post progress you can but you don't have to :D
Instructor
#6 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 2:51 PM
I like this challenge as well! Will definitely be trying it.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 4:12 PM
Totally going to be trying this. Although, I'm going to be a bit stupid and have a couple, and then start my female sim off pregnant because I love her oh so much. xD
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 5:33 PM Last edited by youcrAzy : 23rd Jun 2014 at 7:06 PM.
I'm gonna try this... i love these types of challenges!!! Question: how do i do these events each day
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 10:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MistressTiffany
I like this challenge as well! Will definitely be trying it.

Yay! I'm so happy you guys love it! I hope it's not too complicated! The sequel will come out after this hits 1000 views
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 10:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by OkamiFukuro
Totally going to be trying this. Although, I'm going to be a bit stupid and have a couple, and then start my female sim off pregnant because I love her oh so much. xD

Okay! I like your creativity and giving yourself a harder challenge
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 10:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by youcrAzy
I'm gonna try this... i love these types of challenges!!! Question: how do i do these events each day

AwesomE! For the events, use random.org. So exited!
Instructor
#12 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 11:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bulugu
Yay! I'm so happy you guys love it! I hope it's not too complicated! The sequel will come out after this hits 1000 views

Oh no, not complicated at all! Good luck getting to 1k views!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 24th Jun 2014 at 2:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MistressTiffany
Oh no, not complicated at all! Good luck getting to 1k views!

Thank you!
Test Subject
#14 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 8:08 PM
This is sick! I may try it.
Test Subject
#15 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 4:25 PM
Seasons doesn't work like that (I mean, maybe with a mod). A season can't be less than three days.
Test Subject
#16 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 2:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by playeroflif3
Seasons doesn't work like that (I mean, maybe with a mod). A season can't be less than three days.

Yea, it doesn't. I don't want to get another mod, so I have just chosen Summer 4 days and Spring 3. Then I'll just go to the "meetings" on the 7th day every week (last day of Spring). I picked summer so I don't have to deal with the snow and cold, lol. Very awesome challenge though, I am just starting it.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 6:45 AM
Im doing a challenge already, and I've already done the doomsday challenge, and this seems very similar. Seems like it could be fun to try some other time