Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 4:54 AM Last edited by attuned : 11th Sep 2018 at 6:38 AM.
Default Petlandia Village- the flight to the queue
Featured Residential Lots
1. Sister Townhouse by Crowkeeper & orose
2. Dog Dazed Cottage by daisylee
3. Square Hamster by Johnny_Bravo & aisquared
4. Beech Cottage by Norn
5. The Towers Apartments Studio by SimmyRN

Featured Commercial Lots
1. Petlandoo by attuned
2. Pepie Park by BlackjackGabbiani
3. Wet Whiskers Pool by Crowkeeper
4. Up and Down Stables by Norn
5. Nature's Bounty Zen Garden by orose
6. Little Free Library by tunafishfish

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 9:15 AM
I am/was just a builder here to help out a bit. You have my permission to do anything wanted with any of my lots.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 7:56 PM
Beech Cottage

A cozy small cottage, suitable for a small family (2 br, 1 ba, crib).

Lot type: residental
Lot Size: 30 x 30
Lot Price Unfurnished: 47610
Lot Price Furnished: 58487
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 8:08 PM Last edited by Norn : 18th Jul 2018 at 8:44 PM.
For organisational reasons, I attached screenshots from other thread here, too, plus some more.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 9:38 PM
The Wet Whiskers Pool

Lot type: community (pool)
Lot Size: 15 x 10
Lot Price Unfurnished: 14241
Lot Price Furnished: 21297
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 30th Jul 2018 at 6:49 PM
About testing/final version: as we didn't track who tested what, maybe we should state which lots each of us tested? So we can see which ones still need to be checked before you make a new (possibly final) version, SimmyRN?

Square Hamster ceiling: If it was my lot I would paint the ceiling everywhere, not only in some rooms. Or not at all.

Community Garden: deer and wild horses will eat a lot. But I agree, a fence would take away too much. So let them prosper, too. It's a pet town, after all.

Pictures: Make the image format as it suits you. Imo it should just be conistent within one post. Also, that one picture that is required, street view, is (in many cases) not very helpful. As there are no restrictions I'd say everything from 3 to 12. For parks there is maybe not that much to show, so some nice impressions would be enough.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 12:38 PM
The Sister Townhouse

Maybe these siblings will never part... This tiny townhouse is part of a mini-series of two. Its twin ("The Brother Townhouse") is located right across the street. Suitable for a single sim or a couple (1 br, 1 ba).

Lot Size: 10 x 10
Lot Price Unfurnished: 29829
Lot Price Furnished: 50175
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 12:56 PM
Up and Down Stables

If you don't learn riding and horse jumping here you won't learn it anywhere. It's a bit of up and down, you know. But once you mastered the staying up you'll manage the rest in no time for sure.

The horse ranch features a racing track and a jumping course. The barn offers two stables for horses, a fully accessible hayloft and a little room for storage where you can sit and have a coffee or a hotdog. Parking space and restroom are available.

Lot type: community (Horse Ranch)
Lot Size: 40 x 40
Lot Price Unfurnished: 24090
Lot Price Furnished: 43659

The horse ranch is available as separate download on MTS here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=607733
Alchemist
#9 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 2:06 PM
The pics are great There's no pic of of one of the bedrooms though, is that intentional? (Not complaining, the pics do show the whole house.)

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#10 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 3:15 AM Last edited by M4BCreators : 13th Sep 2018 at 6:29 AM.
Default Petlandia Village - A Fairy Tail Village by M4BCreators
After the fairies’ magical duel, everyone flourished in Petlandia. Some say it’s still a magical place to live where Petlandiers care for pets of all kinds. Petlandia residents built a village with homes, a school, and businesses. Talented crafters paid special attention to areas for pets and their families. Some ancient dwellings remain even today. Will your sims and their pets live happily ever after in Petlandia Village?

Petlandia Village is a quaint place with everything Petlandiers need - a civic center, hometown hospital and research center, shops, businesses, a village school, and plenty of family and pet friendly homes of many sizes. A number of homes are starter priced. There are even some apartments.

Petlandia Village was a collaborative effort by M4BCreators. The village and lots were built with base game, Pets EP, and free Store items only. It has no CC or items from other EPs or stuff packs. Many of the roads and sidewalks are "grass" to help maintain the look of the cat's and dog's "collars" and the cat's "stripes". The fishing spot is in the dog's ear and the beach is at the tip of the cat's tail. Routing should accommodate wild horses. Or, players can turn off wild horses in game options.

All Petlandia Village lots were built or revised by M4BCreators specifically for the village. Watch for future uploads of specialty expansion pack lots built by members especially for Petlandia Village.

Petlandia Village is the latest group project by M4BCreators, a collection of simmers who build in TS2, TS3, and TS4. Group members include novice builders, experienced builders, and everything in between. We share WIPs, tricks and techniques, and are here to lend a helping hand or appraising eye. If you love to build, check out our group: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=587151.

Screenshots of Petlandia Village in CAW and in game.

Petlandia Village in CAW

Petlandia Village in Game
Petlandia Village with Lot Designations

• Map Size: Medium (1024x1024) with a smallish land mass, 38.5 MB.
  • Spawn Points on Map: Base game — Beetle, Butterfly, Gem - Epic, Meteor, Seeds; Pets -- Dog Dig Spot, Large Bird, Lizard, Rodent, Small Bird, Snake. Remaining base game and Pets spawn points are located on lots.
  • Effects: Flock of Birds, Flying Geese, Flying Seagulls, Meteor Shower, Ocean Surf and Waves, Sailboat.
  • Routing Info: Some additional sidewalks and streetlamps have been added to the Petlandia Village map. Sims cannot route up or down sides of the island or in valleys. Isolated routing "nodes" were eliminated to avoid "stuck" sims. The camera can go anywhere. There are no “hidden” spots in Petlandia Village.
  • Layering: 8 layers - Objects, Trees & Flora, Lots, Spawners, Effects, Auto soils. Global layer cleaned.
  • Textures: 16 textures total used with all being in-game textures. There are likely more than 8 textures per chunk in Petlandia Village but it does not appear to have affected performance.
Petlandia Village’s Fishing Spot has fog emitter effects on the lot — waterfall and waterfall splash — so, as with all custom worlds, players will have to open the world, save the world, and then play the saved version to enjoy the effects.

Petlandia Village is NOT populated.

There is no Custom Content in Petlandia Village. (World checked with CUSTARD.) Care was taken to use only base game and Pets items.

Petlandia Village Lots:
44 lots total - 24 Residential & 20 Community.

We want to thank all of the amazing builders, from Mentoring4Builders, that helped bring Petlandia Village to Life:
*aisquared
*attuned
*BlackjackGabbiani
*Crowkeeper
*daisylee
*Johnny_Bravo
*Norn
*orose
*SimmyRN
*tunafishfish

Additional credits:
MTS modders for CAW Resources.
All the Mentoring for Builders and M4BCreators members for contributing/decorating lots.
Thank you so very much to SimmyRN for creating this fantastic world, and attuned and Norn for play testing, screenshots and feedback for Petlandia Village.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#11 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 4:15 AM Last edited by M4BCreators : 15th Sep 2018 at 4:15 AM.
Dog Dazed Cottage by Daisylee

Two bedroom, 1 bath small cottage with room in attic. Guest room is intended to make guests stay as short a time as possible, especially a mother-in-law.

Lot Type: Residential
Lot Size: 15x20
Lot Price Unfurnished: 51,090
Lot Price Furnished: 35,762
Test Subject
#12 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 5:46 AM Last edited by M4BCreators : 12th Sep 2018 at 2:48 AM.
The Towers Apartments Studio by SimmyRN

Is it an ancient castle re-purposed? Nobody knows for sure. Now it's a starter apartment for 1 or 2 sims with better appliances and fixtures. The downstairs common area has a half bath, bookcase, and everything needed for a cat. The upstairs common area has a full bath, bookcase, and a Foosball table. Outdoors are dog necessities and a fire pit. Live royally in The Towers Apartments!

Lot Type: Residential
Lot Size: 20x25
Lot Price Unfurnished: 16,141
Lot Price Furnished: 4,217
Scholar
#13 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 6:18 AM Last edited by SimmyRN : 9th Sep 2018 at 11:08 PM.
Sorry to take so long. Above is my proposal for the upload overview and two residential lots - Dog Dazed Cottage by daisylee and The Towers Apartments Studio by me. Do you think I need to add a note about the deer/horses/zombies (if players have Supernatural) devouring the plants in the Zen Garden? (After a couple of days, it was cleaned out in my game!) Does anyone see anything else that needs to be added/edited?

I have play tested a number of lots that were listed as not tested without any issues so, as far as I know, no further testing needs to be done.

If everyone can edit their posts to remove any superfluous comments, etc., I'm hopeful we can get a moderator to use this thread - putting the posts in the correct order - for the upload so that we don't have to redo everything. Thanks very much, Norn, for the lovely general screenshots! I've done it just like that before to give an overview of the map. We can have one more inline picture in the description. Is there a screenshot in particular you would like to add?

It looks like there might be a couple lots/screenshots that still need to be posted. Is that right? Thanks, everyone, so much for all your work!

Edit: I discovered a missing floor tile on the hospital lot and a typo in the description for the gym so I have corrected those. Any other final corrections?
Test Subject
#14 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 6:28 AM
Nature's Bounty Zen Garden

Life getting you down? Take a few moments to relax and center yourself in this community garden. There's nothing like the feeling of dirt beneath your fingers to bring you back to basics. Feel free to drop by and help care for this community garden any time you like, and don't forget to stop and enjoy the fresh produce!

Lot type: small park
Lot Price Unfurnished: 4045
Lot Price Furnished: 10651
Test Subject
#15 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 7:10 PM
The Sister Townhouse

Maybe these siblings will never part... This tiny townhouse is part of a mini-series of two. Its twin ("The Brother Townhouse") is located right across the street. Suitable for a single sim or a couple (1 br, 1 ba).

Lot Size: 10 x 10
Lot Price Unfurnished: 29829
Lot Price Furnished: 50175
Test Subject
#16 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 7:13 PM Last edited by M4BCreators : 11th Sep 2018 at 7:26 PM.
The Wet Whiskers Pool

Always wanted to take a bath with your cat but she never really wanted to? Don't worry, we at The Wet Whiskers have found a way for you to swim in the company of a cat without any fur getting wet.

Lot type: community (pool)
Lot Price Unfurnished: 14241
Lot Price Furnished: 21297
Test Subject
#17 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 7:16 PM Last edited by M4BCreators : 14th Sep 2018 at 6:45 AM.
Beech Cottage

A cozy small cottage, suitable for a small family (2 br, 1 ba, crib).

Lot Size: 30 x 30
Lot Price Unfurnished: 59610
Lot Price Furnished: 100843
Test Subject
#18 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 7:20 PM
Up and Down Stables

If you don't learn riding and horse jumping here you won't learn it anywhere. It's a bit of up and down, you know. But once you mastered the staying up you'll manage the rest in no time for sure.

Lot type: community (Horse Ranch)
Lot Size: 40 x 40
Lot Price Unfurnished: 24090
Lot Price Furnished: 43659
Test Subject
#19 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 6:09 AM
Little Free Library

Four computer stations, a children's area, skill bookshelves, and some seating to get your study on.

Lot type: library
Lot Size: 10 x 15
Lot Price Unfurnished: 18162
Lot Price Furnished: 38672
Test Subject
#20 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 6:12 AM
Pepie Park

Pepie the dashshund wasn't the noblest of steeds, being a coward and troublemaker, but the fairies had granted her extraordinary luck that ensured her a long life.

Lot type: small park
Lot Size: 10 x 20
Lot Price Unfurnished: 4436
Lot Price Furnished: 9301
Test Subject
#21 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 6:14 AM Last edited by M4BCreators : 15th Sep 2018 at 2:34 AM.
Petlandoo

Welcome to Petlandoo, an all-in-one shop for those pampered pooches and very fine felines. You will find all you dream of, and a dream come true for your pets.

Lot type: big park
Lot Size: 20 x 30
Lot Price Unfurnished: 31927
Lot Price Furnished: 55874
Test Subject
#22 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 6:17 AM
The Square Hamster

Three bedrooms plus nursery with crib, this cozy house is ready for a pet horse, dog, and hamster.

Lot type: residential
Lot Size: 40 x 20
Lot Price Unfurnished: 38908
Lot Price Furnished: 60081
Test Subject
#23 Old 15th Sep 2018 at 12:14 PM Last edited by M4BCreators : 15th Sep 2018 at 1:05 PM.
Posted by Norn:
Redacted selection of my screenshots of the two threads (including the restored post in this one) and some new ones. Feel free to use any or none, SimmyRN! The final choice is yours. Maybe someone else has some screenshots as well.

My suggestion would be to use # 01-06, 08, 10, 11, 13, 15, 17-20, 30, 32, 35, 38, 41.

The majority of screenshots should be attached to the first post of the CI thread so that they will show up on the download page.
Alchemist
#24 Old 22nd Sep 2018 at 3:23 PM
Love how the whole thing turned out

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#25 Old 22nd Sep 2018 at 11:01 PM
Thanks, Johnny! It's in moderation now so will hopefully be posted soon. We appreciate your contributions!