Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#76 Old 8th Dec 2018 at 2:46 AM Last edited by Tashiketh : 14th Dec 2018 at 3:20 PM.
For who is interested:

Back on-topic: I'm not sure if this is mentioned in the thread, but Maxis should have made the vampire overlay partially transparent to begin with. Luckily we have CC that fixes this, but vampires should not turn the same skin colour just because they're the living dead now. Although it's not clear to me if vampires are supposed to be 'dead' in the Sims 2. I mean, they don't really have to die first or be resurrected after, do they? I also like the transformations the Sims 4 vampires have, maybe they're not for every vampire but at the least they add something cosmetic aside from blue/pale skin and glitchy teeth.
I feel like TS2 is mostly just incapable of handling vampires in an interesting way, since it doesn't have a trait system or an open world, which I normally don't miss in TS2 but I see how they have great potential to make vampires actually vampire-y. Vampires kind of need an open world because they very much need other sims to be interesting I think, whether victims, friends, fans or enemies. And a need to drink blood (again, thanks to the fans who fixed this!). A never-changing sim who can just stay at home being pale for as long as the neighbourhood is stable enough to play just isn't interesting to me. The traits are essentially just a way to indicate sims have certain interactions available to them, but it's nice to be able to check that, instead of trying to find the kind of sim or object to test if your vampire can do something.
Maybe something like the Fame career in The Sims would have been nice to use as a basis, except it wouldn't be a job but an indicator of how strong/famous/renowned/successful your vampire is. They would have to interact with sims in a certain way just like sims in Superstar had to make friends among Somebodies, fans among Nobodies, do publicity stunts and work. (Except the vampire just needs to drink blood, not work.)

But I can't complain too much, vampires were they first playable supernaturals in the series that were actually different! Aliens are great but they're just green sims with cute black eyes.
Also, we need a proper fix for the AM teeth! None of Cyjon's versions are working for me.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#77 Old 8th Dec 2018 at 2:55 AM
@Isa-WP - I thought I was the only one who had the issue with them not working. It's quite annoying but not enough to do a 50/50 over.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Test Subject
#78 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 1:07 AM
Guys... isn't this topic about how we would fix the sims 2 vampires?
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#79 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 4:49 AM
Ok guys this is quickly degenerating into a big mess of name calling and misbehavior. I am giving one warning. Keep it up and I will lock the thread.
Mad Poster
#80 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 4:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
Back on-topic - toddler and child vampires. My current vampire clan (the Capps from Veronaville) transform when they reach the teen stage, but it'd be cool if it could be done earlier. Vamp toddlers would be given special bottles that are coloured red, and children could drink a suspicious red juice from the fridge.

try this again?

(sorry for lack of proper capitalization and such, using one hand to type is a pain)

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#81 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 5:16 AM
so how would you consider school if they are born vampires and are kids? I mean would sunlight bother them or is that something that doesnt come til their "full awakening" at teen years?
Mad Poster
#82 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 5:19 AM
there's night schools with inges school changer so perhaps something like that could be automatically activated for the vampires

Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#83 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 5:23 AM
well that is an idea. or the homeschooling thing. I just wasnt sure when sunlight should start bothering them.
Theorist
#84 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 11:32 AM
Would those vampire kids grow up or stay kids forever like Claudia in Interview with a Vampire?

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#85 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 2:47 PM
Technically they should stay kids forever. Vampires stop aging at whenever they were bitten.
Mad Poster
#86 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 3:35 PM
They would stay vampires unless cured, I'd think.

Page 4 of 4