Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th May 2017 at 6:05 PM Last edited by aparkin85 : 23rd May 2017 at 4:02 PM.
Default Ten Years On
Where do I even start?
I've been playing the same hood for about 10 years now, it's a custom version of Pleasantview with Bluewater Village and Downtown attached. But obviously not the maxis versions. I created my own SC4's but tried to keep it as close to the originals as possible.
So first I will show you the districts.

Pleasantview:

Bluewater Village:

Downtown:

As for what is actually happening in my hood... Generally I just let them do what they want and let the sims decide their own fates. I have however done quite a few story lines over the years including the obvious stuff like weddings and relationships, to other stuff like car crashes and murders. :/

I will keep posting in here and show you my story lines. I am addicted to taking pictures of my sims and have some 4000 images.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Link Ninja
#2 Old 20th May 2017 at 7:34 PM
Hello fellow 10 year hood player! I think your neighborhood looks very very charming and fabulously planned out! My gavorite is the bridges over the waterway in Bluewater Village. Do you have any prominent families? A lot can happen in ten years!

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th May 2017 at 8:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
Hello fellow 10 year hood player! I think your neighborhood looks very very charming and fabulously planned out! My gavorite is the bridges over the waterway in Bluewater Village. Do you have any prominent families? A lot can happen in ten years!

Thank you. yes I do have quite a few families that I consider to be prominent, mostly the older families that feel like they have been in my hood since the dawn of time. Maybe I will start with those tomorrow when I start introducing my sims and stories.
Link Ninja
#4 Old 20th May 2017 at 11:00 PM
Yes, would love to see some family histories from such an old hood

Lab Assistant
#5 Old 21st May 2017 at 12:19 AM
Wow, your hoods are amazing! I so look forward to meeting your families.
Instructor
#6 Old 21st May 2017 at 5:29 AM
10 Years! Wow! What a breathtaking and aesthetically pleasing neighborhood, far superior to the shipped Pleasantview! You must be quite invested in this hood. I'm impressed! More updates please :lovestruc!

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#7 Old 21st May 2017 at 7:56 AM
I love your decorated hoods! Have you considered uploaded them as such? Mootilda's Hood Replace program makes it easy to make an empty copy for upload.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 21st May 2017 at 11:34 AM Last edited by aparkin85 : 23rd May 2017 at 4:03 PM.
Ok, I may as well start at the beginning, like I said this is a custom version of Pleasantview so none of the Maxis families were ever in it, however I wanted to give them each a story as to why they are not there anymore. Just so it all made sense in my head. So I will start with them.

Don Lothario:
Local lothario, Don Lothario is missing! Don was not seen bothering local Pleasantview women for over 3 hours and was reported missing by concerned Fiancee, Cassandra Goth. Cassandra stated "I thought it was strange when it got to 2pm and I had not had a single angry phone call about him from any local women"

Local lothario, Don Lothario has been found! Don was found hobbling down the street holding his backside with tall tails of alien abduction. The doctors said they were baffled to discover that Don was pregnant. Don packed up his shame and his little green bundle of joy and left for strangetown.

Cassandra Goth:
After the disappearance of Don, Cassandra found comfort in her best friend Darren Dreamer, one thing lead to another and much to Darren's delight the pair were hitched. They moved to nearby Veronavile with Darren's son Dirk and Cassandra's little brother Alexander.

Herb & Coral Oldie:
Pleasantview's oldest residents Coral and Herb Oldie passed away. Adopted daughter Mary-Sue is said to be devastated and seeing a therapist.

Pleasant Family:
Mary-Sue Pleasant was given the news of her parents deaths and came home to fine her husband, Daniel Pleasant having and affair with local maid Kaylen Langerack. Mary-sue murdered the paid in a fit of rage then called the police herself. Mary-Sue will serve two life sentences while twin daughters Lilith and Angela with both be taken into care.

Burb Family:
Well known and well loved pleasantview family, the Burbs were all tragically killed in a plane crash while returning home from holiday in Veronaville.

Mortimer Goth:
Dina Calliente and Mortimer Goth were struck by tragedy only hours after they said "I do". Mortimer and bride Dina were romantically stargazing on the roof of Goth manor when mortimer lost his footing and slipped. he was pronounced dead at the scene.

Dina & Nina Calliente:
Police chase ends in tragedy after local runaways, the Calliente sisters, plunge their convertible over Pleasantview Gorge. The pair were on the run after questioning Dina Calliente-Goth about her husbands alleged "accident" and Nina about the fraudulent change in Mortimer's will. Police recovered the wreckage but found no trace of Nina or Dina.

Broke Family:
Broke no more! Brandi Broke hit the jackpot! The pregnant mother of two won just over 2.3 million on the Lottery. The family stopped by the local dealership to buy new cars before moving into their new luxury six bedroom bungalow in Veronaville.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 21st May 2017 at 12:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
I love your decorated hoods! Have you considered uploaded them as such? Mootilda's Hood Replace program makes it easy to make an empty copy for upload.

Thank you. I had thought about it before, yes. and I use Hoodreplace a lot when adding roads and such to my hood. But there is a LOT of CC in my hood decorating and I wouldn't even know where to begin when it comes to crediting people for it. Or linking people to it for download.
Instructor
#10 Old 21st May 2017 at 4:42 PM
Wow! Mary-Sue a murderer, exciting! Especially with her political career and all... I feel happy for Cassandra and I think Don had what was coming ! Serves him right. I also feel sorry for the Burbs-Especially Lucy . (Nice wreckage and murder scene though!) It makes sense that Mortimer's death was staged, as Dina IS a gold-digger... And finally, I feel elated for the Brokes, I always felt sorry for Brandi. Anyways, awesome, and fitting updates to your pleasantview story, and masterfully done settings. I love how it's formatted as a newspaper, and makes logical sense. Deserted Pleasantview. Interesting.10/10

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 22nd May 2017 at 12:34 PM
The Woodrow Family

Steve and Annette Woodrow had high ambitions and worked hard towards them, Steve always wanted a family but Annette was too career driven. She was not pleased to discover she had fallen pregnant and horrified when she found out it was Twins.

Annette's job was her dream, but Steve was the higher earner... and we all gotta eat. So it was agreed that she would stay home and look after Bethany and Elizabeth. However seeing them as an obstacle to her dream career she finds it hard to fully appreciate the life of motherhood.

Screenshots
Instructor
#12 Old 22nd May 2017 at 6:45 PM
Awesome and realistic family! I can really understand Annette's perspective, and how she had to put her career aside.

Check it out ;)
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 23rd May 2017 at 7:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aparkin85
The Woodrow Family
Steve and Annette Woodrow had high ambitions and worked hard towards them, Steve always wanted a family but Annette was too career driven. She was not pleased to discover she had fallen pregnant and horrified when she found out it was Twins.

Annette's job was her dream, but Steve was the higher earner... and we all gotta eat. So it was agreed that she would stay home and look after Bethany and Elizabeth. However seeing them as an obstacle to her dream career she finds it hard to fully appreciate the life of motherhood.

Steve and Annette Woodrow were interesting to see and read about. I am looking forward to more.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 23rd May 2017 at 3:59 PM Last edited by aparkin85 : 23rd May 2017 at 8:11 PM.
Bluewater Police Department:

My police station is a Residential Lot where my policemen actually live.

Sheriff Alonzo Bennington:

Detective Dillon Lutz:

Officer Nick Desmond:

Officer Gavin Makepeace:

Those who are on duty call in suspects and interview (Mostly interrogate) them.

The justice system in my hood works like this.. Anyone seen misbehaving on community lots, doing stuff like fighting, adding soap to fountains, or stealing news papers has to spend a night in the cells.

Although not all prisoners go quietly.

And not all of them keep their sanity.

Screenshots
Instructor
#15 Old 24th May 2017 at 8:23 PM
Cool police station... Frightening judgement! Your hood is rather strict I must say! Wonderful pictures, and I hope to see more. Your Sims look intriguing and distinctive, and your station looks way better than GTW's, BTW.

Check it out ;)
Field Researcher
#16 Old 25th May 2017 at 6:00 AM
Oh, that police station is fantastic, I may have to try that (in my own cack-handed way.)
Forum Resident
#17 Old 26th May 2017 at 5:31 AM
Oh, I love your hood! It is beautiful. And your police station idea is brilliant. Wonderful ideas. Thanks for sharing. BTW ... the twins are so cute!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 10th Jun 2017 at 8:52 PM
Ashely Dixon

Ashley was born a little boy, but had big dreams of being a little girl.
Having never fitted in with the other boys, that dream eventually became dream a reality.

Moving to a new town is difficult enough for anyone, but all Ashley is looking for is acceptance and someone to love.

Morning routine is a big thing.

And so is that collection of Wigs.

Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 11th Jun 2017 at 7:20 AM
Your story lines are creative and unique, Your Pictures are just awesome. I enjoyed your two recent posts, well done.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Link Ninja
#20 Old 11th Jun 2017 at 5:38 PM
I love the fact that you have a transitioned sim. Does the outfit CC change the body shape? I have seen plenty of awesome M t F converted hairs out there on the web. I don't have any playable T sims at this time but it has been something on my list to try.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 11th Jun 2017 at 11:23 PM
Ashley uses the "Classic-Pinup" body shape converted for males, as are all her outfits. Also a shower proof Classic-pinup skintone, so even in the shower she will keep her body shape. I got all the clothing from Simmergirl.com which I believe is no longer available.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 18th Jun 2017 at 3:15 AM
Where do I even start?
I've been playing the same hood for about 10 years now, it's a custom version of Pleasantview with Bluewater Village and Downtown attached. But obviously not the maxis versions. I created my own SC4's but tried to keep it as close to the originals as possible.
So first I will show you the districts.

Pleasantview:

Bluewater Village:

Downtown:

As for what is actually happening in my hood... Generally I just let them do what they want and let the sims decide their own fates. I have however done quite a few story lines over the years including the obvious stuff like weddings and relationships, to other stuff like car crashes and murders. :/

I will keep posting in here and show you my story lines. I am addicted to taking pictures of my sims and have some 4000 images.

WOW! You are SOOOOOOO much better at this than I!
Field Researcher
#23 Old 18th Jun 2017 at 8:02 PM
Ashley uses the "Classic-Pinup" body shape converted for males, as are all her outfits. Also a shower proof Classic-pinup skintone, so even in the shower she will keep her body shape. I got all the clothing from Simmergirl.com which I believe is no longer available.
Your Avatar looks a little like Adam Lambert.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 18th Jun 2017 at 9:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kunder
Your Avatar looks a little like Adam Lambert.

Haha I just had to Google who Adam Lambert is. Yeah it does kinda look like him. That's actually my Self-Sim.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 7:45 AM
Haha I just had to Google who Adam Lambert is. Yeah it does kinda look like him. That's actually my Self-Sim.
I thought about doing a Self Sim, but the eye bleach needed..... WHEW!!! DAWGIE!!!

Page 1 of 2