Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 9:16 PM
Default Extract Maxis texture files using SimPE
Help! I can't for the life of me find out where hairs are kept in the game files in order to extract textures from them.

I don't want to do it through bodyshop as they get pixelated.

Thanks in advance

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 10:42 PM
ProgramFIles > EAGames > Sims2* > TSData > Res> 3D* > Sims07.package

*Now where I put "Sims 2," you want to use the folder of whichever EP/SP you're extracting from. If it's the base game, then the subfolder after Res will be named "Sims3D" instead of just 3D.
Sims07package contains the .pngs, the higher numbered packages may contain higher resolution lifo files.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 11:02 PM
Perfect. Thank you!

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#4 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 2:26 AM
Use the files in Sims08. The ones in Sims07 are tiny and will result in really low-res textures (because you'll have to stretch them). The files in Sims08 that have "0_lifo" in the file name are the ones you want; they're 1024x1024 pixels, just like the Body Shop files (but they're better quality).

EDIT: Er, sorry. The hair files are 512x512. The clothes are 1024x1024. But the basic idea is that you want them the same size as what Body Shop exports.