Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 4:19 PM
Default Seasons and age mods
Crazy questions I know .. I am using an age mod and was not sure how it affected the changing of the seasons, if at all. My adult starting age is 41 and my seasons are fall winter, spring summer. My seasons just switched to winter and it says 5 days left and my age just now changed to 40. Does this seem right ? Does the amt of days in the season change randomly? I did not notice if I started with 5 days in fall but I thought with no other mods it was always 5 for each season. Is the equivalent suppose to be 1 season day to one sim age day ? Thanks for any input.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 4:41 PM
CMIIW, whenever I move a sim from CAS into a house, that household always starts at the beginning of the second season, so your game seems right.

ETA: What I mean is, the first day in the house (8am Monday) is the last day of the first season, and the next day is the first day of the second season. So I think you began with 1 day left in Fall.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 4:45 PM
wow really. It has been a really long time since I played and was thinking that it maybe the age mod causing issues in some way. I am going to try another sim soon and pay closer attention this time .. In the past I never noticed these issues. Ty

Quote: Originally posted by ttowntallyho
CMIIW, whenever I move a sim from CAS into a house, that household always starts at the beginning of the second season, so your game seems right.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 5:29 PM
Age mods have no effect on the seasons.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Field Researcher
#5 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 6:46 PM
When you say your adult starting age was 41 and it changed to 40, do you mean that adults have 41 days in that stage before becoming elders, or 41 days in all previous stages before becoming adults? If it is 41 days as adults before elderhood, then the change to 40 was probably the game aging the Sim one day, which should happen every day at 6PM unless you use another mod or cheat to alter it.

Seasons are always five days (unless you have a mod that alters season length) and the seasonal progression is completely different from the aging progression - any mod that affects one shouldn't affect the other, unless the mod changes both.

Basically, your game's probably working just fine. Your sim probably aged at 6PM on the last day of fall, then the season changed to winter - it doesn't sound like anything's messed up.

simblr
Home of my Kulo Seeri Test of Time and a lot of worldbuilder rambling. You have been warned.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 6:56 PM
I guess I was confused that I think I missed the whole fall season all together somehow. As you said a sim ages every day at 6 pm, but I seem to have missed the 5 days of fall and my sim aged only 1 day so far .. 41 days til becoming an elder.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 7:18 PM
As ttowntallyho pointed out, when you move a Sim into a new lot, that lot will usually start out with one day left in whatever you've set as the first season. That's also standard game behaviour, not a bug, so nothing to worry about there.

simblr
Home of my Kulo Seeri Test of Time and a lot of worldbuilder rambling. You have been warned.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 7:21 PM
Ty so much I did not realize that one day in the season was standard as well .. Learned new things today once again.

Quote: Originally posted by nuidyaforever
As ttowntallyho pointed out, when you move a Sim into a new lot, that lot will usually start out with one day left in whatever you've set as the first season. That's also standard game behaviour, not a bug, so nothing to worry about there.