Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 9:07 PM Last edited by k2m1too : 23rd Oct 2014 at 11:32 PM.
Default Lana Kane (Archer TV Series) UPDATED
I'm working my way through the characters of the animated TV show, Archer. The first one (Sterling Archer) seems to be going well, so I thought I would introduce the next character from the series. This is Lana Kane. I'm having a bit tougher time getting her likeness.

This is the other hair I'm looking at for her. It's generally more of the right shape than the one in the comparison pics, except for the bangs... Not sure which is better all things considered. Probably the one below.

Screenshots
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 9:12 PM
i honestly like the second hairstyle better than the first hairstyle
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 10:06 PM
Ooo! totally forgot I had this hair! My only problem with it is that this particular re-texture of it is a bit on the plastic side... But the shape is right-ish and the bangs are better.

Screenshots
Instructor
#4 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 7:17 AM
Again, I've only got the pics to go on.

Seems the distance between nose and mouth should be smaller.

I like the "new" hair you put up. The first one (without the bangs) seems to ruin the shape of her forehead.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#5 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 6:41 PM
I agree with Tigerdhyr about the space between the nose and mouth. Also going off just your pictures since I have never seen the show.

Overall, I feel like her face looks a little too long and angular. I think it could be a bit shorter and her jawline softened a tad. Do you have the nose depth slider? It looks like it's too far forward in the profile shot. If you have the slider, I'd suggest maybe bringing it back some and then bringing the bridge depth out just a smidge. I think her nose is also a little too defined. I'd also bring her upper eyelid up some more so the bottom lid is more straight across. Last, I think her tone could be darkened. Her skin, eyes, and hair all look too light me.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 1:21 AM
I darkened up her hair, eyes and skin a bit. I found a different re-texture of that hair that looks much less plastic-y. Tweaked her nose and eyes as suggested. Softened her jaw a little. I don't want to go too soft, though she does have a fairly prominent jaw (and it's joked about in the show about her being a bit on the masculine side, especially her man-hands).

Screenshots
Instructor
#7 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 7:38 AM
I only see two really small things that may/may not make a difference:
- her brows could either be rotated ever so slightly, so the inner brow goes lower, or the whole brow could be lowered a smidge. Really, not much.
- the width of the tip of her nose looks like it could be just a little bit smaller.

I'm splitting hairs, here....

Love the changes, by the way
Scholar
#8 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 2:07 AM
Great start! I think the nose should be shorter up and down, the mouth moved up, and the chin shortened as well as a little less square. If possible, the nostrils should be taller up and down. From the side, I'd say make the lips more pursed and bring the eyes forward a bit. I'd also suggest making the skin darker still. The nasal bridge indent looks high from the side - by a small amount - but not necessarily so from the front.
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 1:15 AM
Here is a LONG overdue update to Lana.

I think I addressed most of the comments (or at least I think I did...)

Screenshots
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 3:06 PM
Not sure how to read the lack of replies (3+days)... Is she good to go, then?
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
#11 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 6:03 PM
I'd say so.

Strangers in a Strange Land--The Shin Yi Legacy | last updated 3.7.2014
My Simblr | Is probably NSFW
Scholar
#12 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 7:41 PM
She's very close! The only things I see - and they are minor - is that the sides of the sim's nose are more ) ( than the model's. Perhaps you can make them more straight? Also, the top lip looks a little tall up and down. Maybe thin it a bit. The bottom lip could be more square. From the side, the model's lips look more "pursed". You've done a great job!
Field Researcher
#13 Old 21st Feb 2015 at 5:36 AM
...But did you make her hands big enough?

Bread edges.... are the new white meat.
READ the Sparrows Random Legacy Challenge Blog
READ the Sparrows WISHACY Challenge Blog
WATCH the Test of Time Challenge Let's Play! Videos
Instructor
Original Poster
#14 Old 21st Feb 2015 at 7:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Frogsnack
...But did you make her hands big enough?

Haha! yes, I have thought about that. She does have "man hands".
Instructor
Original Poster
#15 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 3:16 AM
By way of update... A LOT of people have been asking after my Archer sims. YES, I still plan on uploading them. Archer and Lana are pretty much done. And I have other cast members currently in the works. What's the holdup you ask? I'm doing the entire cast and it takes a long freaking time to get them up to standards. Plus, I'm still waffling between individual uploads vs a group. And you know there have to be poses, too. To do the poses right, I need some weaponry (which there isn't much in the way of decent accessory machine guns). So I got sidetracked on a little side venture...

I didn't make the gun, but I did learn how to convert things into accessories. (I'm lucky to still have hair left from pulling it out while learning!) It's not perfect, but it's getting to where I"m not completely embarrassed to show it. (Wondering if it needs to be scaled down slightly...)

So, be patient my darlings. I'm going all out for this set of characters.
Screenshots
Instructor
#16 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 7:26 AM
Just to let you know, I vote for individual uploads. Besides, then you won't have to make sure every little thing is perfect before you put it up for adoption.... ehm.... download, so you can check things off the list as you progress.

Looking forward to it