Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 9:30 AM
Default my sim is near death...
do you guys ever get attached to your sims?
Taylor is now an elder and she'll be getting a visit from the grim reaper soon
ugh.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 9:58 AM
Does she have enough aspiration points for a Potion of Youth?
Mad Poster
#3 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 10:04 AM
Maybe you could upload her to the library? Next time you play with her, or even this time around, use the edit cas cheat and age her down.

I get attached to Sims all the time. I haven't played this game with aging on yet because I wanted to control when changes took place and am working on certain goals in each life stage that need more time than aging on allows. But, the day will come and I'll have to say goodbye, too.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 10:13 AM
Gotta use that potion of youth before you turn elder :/ One of the few times I've cheated in this game was when I drank that potion just after I turned elder.
Stupid people are stupid
#5 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 1:07 PM
As soon as they're turning into elderly sims I finish them off.
I'm working with elders every day, I don't need them in my free time!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 1:41 PM
yes, i do but i want to play them realistically and let them die. :/
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 5:02 PM
I never get that attached. Usually by the time they turn into elders I'm ready to start focusing on their kids.i just really don't like elders in the sims. I wish we could adjust age lengths like in 3 so I could add more days to other ages and make elders only last for like 5 days.
Scholar
#8 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 5:10 PM
Why does everysim insist on standing next to me! Gosh darn, I just want to be left alone!

The secret ingredient is phone.
Growing up means watching my heroes turn human in front of me.
Thank you, O Mighty Doom Deity! - BL00DIEHELL
Scholar
#9 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 5:20 PM
I always try to start a legacy, but get so attached to the founder that I have to give up and turn aging off.

“I MAY BE A HOGWARTS STUDENT" Hargirid paused angrily. "BUT I AM ALSO A SATANIST!”
Falco - The original Prombat
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 6:39 PM
I've been terribly attached to some Sims. The progenitors of my old massive family in TS2 were so difficult to let go of. I did, though, and it made the whole experience somehow even better. Hang in there!

Come read my first Sims story in ages (for TS4): http://msrebeccawest.tumblr.com/
Test Subject
#11 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 6:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
Maybe you could upload her to the library? Next time you play with her, or even this time around, use the edit cas cheat and age her down.

I get attached to Sims all the time. I haven't played this game with aging on yet because I wanted to control when changes took place and am working on certain goals in each life stage that need more time than aging on allows. But, the day will come and I'll have to say goodbye, too.

what exactly is the edit cas cheat? like how do i type it because for some reason i cant get that one to work... i seem to have trouble with alot of them lol not typing them right
Scholar
#12 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 6:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JenniTayBear
what exactly is the edit cas cheat? like how do i type it because for some reason i cant get that one to work... i seem to have trouble with alot of them lol not typing them right
Testingcheats True
and then cas.fulleditmode
and then shift click on a sim and choose "edit in cas"

“I MAY BE A HOGWARTS STUDENT" Hargirid paused angrily. "BUT I AM ALSO A SATANIST!”
Falco - The original Prombat
Mad Poster
#13 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 7:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JenniTayBear

I copied this from a post someplace here: " Enter in the cheat testingcheats true. Then once that's enabled, enter cas.fulleditmode.
Then shift click on the Sim whose name you want to change, edit in CAS, and you'll be able to change it."

I understand that using this cheat has some risk to it, but I don't really understand the risk itself. Save (using save as, not just save) before and after using it. Put your Sim back in their original outfit before leaving CAS edit mode. Now I feel like a witch doctor again, sprinkling potions here and there, crossing myself, and tossing salt because I have no idea how this works, I just do what what everyone says to do.

lol - JW beat me! Hahahaaha!

Test Subject
#14 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 7:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TotallyJW
Testingcheats True
and then cas.fulleditmode
and then shift click on a sim and choose "edit in cas"

and this will let you make them younger?
Mad Poster
#15 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 7:03 PM
You should be able to change any and every thing about your Sim

Field Researcher
#16 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 8:12 PM
I've been thinking about moving a bunch of the single elders (which the game loves to generate) into one of those really huge houses, and pretending it's a retirement home. I can even start to move in some of the mature adults as the elders die off. And I am a "mature adult" myself, so I can say that. Yet like others, I prefer to move along and focus on the younger Sims.

On another note, I noticed just yesterday that my teenager had the interaction available to a visiting elder, Ask About Being Old.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 8:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
I understand that using this cheat has some risk to it, but I don't really understand the risk itself.

As of right now, it will change relationships so that parent/child relationships become sibling relationships.

I'm not really attached by the time a sim is about to die. I do still turn off the game for a few hours after a death of one of my progenitors. The way sims in this game mourn is godawful.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 8:02 AM
i know its late , but I just wanted to thank you guys for the help. I have just learned the edit cas cheat thanks to this thread.
Forum Resident
#19 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 9:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TotallyJW
I always try to start a legacy, but get so attached to the founder that I have to give up and turn aging off.

There is a version of the Legacy Challenge called "Keep the Founder Alive", where the goal is to never let your founder die throughout the ten sim generations. It is even part of the rules over at Pinstar's. It is not yet mentioned in the TS4 rules, but you could easily do it with potions of youth and stuff. I always wanted to try it in TS3, making the founder a supernatural and keep him/her as a kind of monarch over the family!
Forum Resident
#20 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 3:04 PM
I get so attached to my sims it's beyond crazy. Throughout all the sims series only 2 have died on me and both were in TS4. Gosh, I had no idea at all that sims could die of their moods and before I knew it my sweet playful dreamboat guy was laying dead in the backyard... from being hysterically happy. If that wasn't bad enough, his wife and children didn't even care! Oh... the disillusionment!! :faints:
But, I brought him back to life, after he re-joined the family as a ghost. I let him be a ghost for a while, because I discovered playful ghosts are fun. The second death was by my own hand, because I wanted to see how evil ghosts respond. So I killed off the wife from my evil couple, after he cheated on her multiple times. Boy, was she pissed off and it only took a few seconds for her to die of anger.

But anyway, yeah I don't want my sims to die and use every cheat in my power to prevent this from happening. Needless to say that DrChillgood's 'Emotions Don't Kill' is also in my mods folder.