Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 1:56 AM Last edited by DrChillgood : 30th Sep 2014 at 7:12 PM.
Default Goal changes - Reduced friend requirements, and Tech Guru level 1 changed from "play games" to "level 1 programming skill"
I was always annoyed that the first level of the "Tech Guru" career had the requirement "Play Video Games". What if I wanted someone serious, not a gamer? I made it more serious by requiring you to have Programming skill at level 1.

The official answer on why "Tech Guru" required gaming:

Quote: Originally posted by SimGuruHolms
Hmmm, while we don't say it specifically I think the fiction the designer was imagining was you were working at a game company for the first 6 levels. If that's the case, live chat support agent would require you to play lots of at least that game to be most effective Also from a pure game design perspective, it's telling you that this will be an important skill later.

Source: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...orning-chat/p61

So they did make it specifically a game company. Well, my replacement requirement makes it more general. Just pretend the Gamer branch doesn't exist.

I can play the "game mods" requirement as "the company uses these games in tournaments and the mods are to personalize the game for their rules".

I also reduced the friend requirements. They are internally named "Relationship_Friend_01" and so forth, but somewhere along the line, they added two more friends to each of the requirements.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  DrChillgoodRequirementChanges.zip (3.6 KB, 22 downloads) - View custom content

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Advertisement
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#2 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 10:17 AM
Are you looking for feedback on this? What exactly do you want people to report on?

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 2:14 AM
Eh, never mind. I must be the only one who really dislikes the idea of "Play Video Games" as a work goal, then.

I also realized that level 1 means "just looked at something involving the skill", so maybe I'd shift the skills up one level each? Maybe it would be better to make level 1 "Use the computer for 4 hours" (if using it isn't already the daily task?) - so it could be practicing gaming or coding.

I also recall seeing a No Friends Required mod - but I want to only lower it, not get rid of it completely. I saw the rubric also said "multiple variations would be best" - so maybe on that count, I'd make in addition to the current -2 version, a version replacing the 8 and 10 goals with 7 and 8, a -1 all around version, and a +1 all around version.

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Instructor
#4 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 10:20 PM
This mod makes sense to me.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 2:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DrChillgood
Eh, never mind. I must be the only one who really dislikes the idea of "Play Video Games" as a work goal, then.

I also realized that level 1 means "just looked at something involving the skill", so maybe I'd shift the skills up one level each? Maybe it would be better to make level 1 "Use the computer for 4 hours" (if using it isn't already the daily task?) - so it could be practicing gaming or coding.

I also recall seeing a No Friends Required mod - but I want to only lower it, not get rid of it completely. I saw the rubric also said "multiple variations would be best" - so maybe on that count, I'd make in addition to the current -2 version, a version replacing the 8 and 10 goals with 7 and 8, a -1 all around version, and a +1 all around version.

It all makes sense to me. I don't really mind the video games aspect of the career, it's the friendship aspects for certain jobs and this is one of them. I don't want to get rid of all jobs friendship requirements across the board because I may play a popularity sim that enjoys the socializing but just for certain jobs I don't see a need. I am trying to get this XML tuning stuff down to see if I can properly change a few things in my game, so reading around this section can help a bit. I still have a hard time reading the codes and the one guide released by the SimGuru on the officials don't help me much. Just keep it up, there's lots of people that don't really know this section even exists. :D

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.