Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 10:06 PM
Default Just got ultimate collection off Origin yesterday, but keeps crashing in CAS?
I got the sims 2 yesterday off origin and it keeps popping up with this message box saying "This application has crashed. This application will now terminate". I've already fixed the resolution, but up until I select the thing to add a sim into the family it stops working and the message box comes up! It's so annoying and I don't know what to do. I don't have any custom content either. Only for the sims 3. Please help! ;~;

Honestly, I spent all yesterday downloading it, then went to play it and it did that and still is. I'm so frustrated gah ;~;
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 11:20 PM
That sucks. . Are you running Windows 8? I have heard it can give some problems but I have also heard that they fixed it for UC. I'm sorry that I'm not much help but I hope it will become playable.

Can't believe people still read these.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 11:35 PM
Don't be surprised if you might have to put this in the Help section on this site. This might be beyond our scope in this forum.

You might have to provide specs. Are we talking about a dedicated graphics card or an integrated card, for instance? As Rexbox369 wrote, what's your OS?

There have been a few posts from people having problems with the game. Perhaps one of them might give you a lead about what to try next.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 2:12 AM
Yeah I do have windows 8. I got frustrated and am re-installing it >~< Probably won't do much though /:
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 3:07 AM
This thread might have some useful information. You might want to check it out. The thread basically suggests this method.of installing a new graphics rule file.

It may or may not work, but it's worth trying.