Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 11:28 AM
Default What did you do with the Riverside Characters?
Hi,

I know you're probably thinking 'oh no not another neighbourhood thread'. But to be honest I really like these neighbourhood themed threads, it allows people to talk about certain sims in much detail. Anyways, recently I downloaded the Riverside Neighbourhood by the Riverside Group here at MTS. And I was wondering what you guys did with the families...or are going to do to them.

Please share your stories or analyses of the characters at Riverside.

----

I went through the homes to gather an idea about these sims, and so far for some reason Scott Molyneux is a favourite teen sim already. I started off at the Roberts family (I play via rotation) - which consists of parents James and Patricia Roberts and their only daughter Hanna.

Some stats of the family:

James - currently works as a Flight Officer in the Military career. He's a Libra and has an interest in sports, culture, fashion and travelling.

Patricia - currently unemployed, but has a love for entertainment and thinks she can do comedy...simply because James laughs at her jokes doesn't make her a comedian but she is willing to try. She's a scorpio who thinks aliens are cool and believes in saving the environment.

Hanna - is a C+ student, who doesn't really get her parents and feels totally different from them. She finds it very hard to believe that she comes from the same DNA as her parents. Hanna unlike her free willing/ free loving parents believes in crime and money, she believes that criminals deserve justice. So when she saw Trenton Russell getting mugged right in front of her, it seemed only natural to call the local police. She's an Aries that has a fire to become a captain hero one day.
---

Riverside - Year 1 - Spring

Hanna Roberts decided to go to Clifton Springs Mall to hangout and to maybe finally get the new iSim cell phone that everyone has been bragging about, she even saved up her pocket money for it - so her parents couldn't say she didn't earn it at least. But of course Hanna couldn't go without mum Patricia tagging along, Hanna just couldn't understand why her parents just didn't allow her to do her own thing. What was the worst that could happen - that she'll get into trouble ? Maybe, but isn't that part of the fun of being a teenager.

Patricia met Sarah Baxter, she knew Sarah as a fellow Riverside neighbor but didn't know her too well. They decided to chat by the pool, while Hanna met BFF Gergory Brooklyn's dad Charles and then his mum Isabel. Of course both Charles and Isabel knew of their son's friendship with the Robert's girl, and deep down Hanna wish her mum was more like Isabel.

While Patricia, Isabel Brooklyn and Sarah Baxter were busy talking inside and sharing some neighbourhood gossip as well as giving each other some finiancial advice, Hanna decided to invite Gregory to meet her at the Springs Mall. While waiting for him to show up, poor Trenton Russell was robbed right in front of both Hanna and Isabel Brooklyn. Of course this being Riverside, Isabel and Hanna managed to call the local sherriff department to report this incident.

While Hanna and Gerg hunged out, Patricia and Charles seemed to get along great, and even became good friends and really spent the majority of their afternoon/evening talking about their children and life in Riverside. Of course the day couldn't go on too peacefully, or else people might have actually thought that Hanna and her mum were getting along. Patricia cornered Hanna in the toilets and argued with her about the amount of make up her daughter was wearing, Hanna already sick and tried of the argument before it even began gave it her all with her own witty comebacks to her mother.

Hanna also bumped into Melissa Brooke and Victor Molyneux; Hanna knew Melissa as Danielle's younger sister and only knew of Danielle through school. But there was always something about Danielle that rubbed Hanna the wrong way, but seemed to get along with Melissa well which was totally weird as they like came from the same DNA pool.

Back at the house, Macey Brooke, Margaret and Ralph Marshall came over to introduce themselves. Hanna told Macey Brooke about her love for crime novels and how she was thinking of maybe one day being a cop, Macey with her husband Arbraham in the army encouraged Hanna to prusuit such a dream and gave her some much needed advice. She also offered that if Hanna needed experience with working in such a strict envrionment, that she would put in a good word for her to Arbraham whom could arrange something at the military base over at Simtainer City (downtown). Hanna concluded that she liked Isabel Brooklyn and Macey Brooke so much better than her own mother.

James brought home Jesscia Picaso, but she didn't stay long as she needed to get back to base. James and Patricia were all over each other, as well as Ralph and Margaret Marshall. Hanna decided to spend the rest of her evening in her room hitting the books and thinking about her future and the offer that Mrs. Brooke gave...could Hanna really be tough enough to handle such a career???

Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 9:51 AM
I plan on adding Riverside shopping to a neighborhood soon, but am undecided to which one.
From the previews I already know that I will give the girl who´s exploited as an unpaid babysitter by her parents the best life I can. Back in school I hated how some of my classmates were treated by their parents as a cheap workforce with little to no rights, so I guess I see my best friend in this sim.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 7:33 PM
Oh yes that girl would be Lila Marshall...I think.

And yes I had a few teens in my class back in secondary school (I think most people outside Europe call it high school) - that because they were older they had to look after the younger ones. Some got paid but not all of them.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 7:42 PM

(I wish there was a popcorn Smilie.)

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Forum Resident
#5 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 7:21 AM
I couldn't get into Riverside at first; being faced with 11 different households was daunting. Finally, I jumped in by starting with Dina Ross's household.

I've played three rotations so far. The first rotation was one day per household, then a second rotation of 2 days, and a third also of 2 days. All households have gotten through fall, more or less. SO MANY TREES. SO MUCH RAKING. Well, good for grinding the Cleaning skill for those sims that needed it/wanted it. Mostly the first rotation was for the sake of getting a feel for each household, making over the sims, and setting their LTWs. Also, putting in all the stuff I think each household must have: batbox, lot sync timer, SimBlender, sprinklers in lieu of fire alarms. I didn't bother to make over the houses very much. A few tweaks here and there.

Lots of text and quite a few pics behind the various spoiler tags.

Ross:

Baxter:

Thompson-Baxter:

Anderson:

Brooklyn:

Thompson:

Brooks:

Marshall:

Russell:

Molyneux:

Roberts:

Jefferson:

And that is that for the first three rotations (5 days total) for all of the Riverside families! I'm considering whether or not to add a Uni subhood for all of the teens to go to college. Alternately, I have hacks so I can build a Riverside City College but that requires a little SimBlender teleportation skullduggery to get the partygoing teens into Uni as well. I've not had a Uni subhood in my game for a long time now. Don't like all the extras spawning.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 9:45 PM
Your Robertses didn't have any chemistry? You surprise me. When I was trying (in an iteration of the hood that Mark eventually scrapped) to make the caught-sneaking-out memory happen for real, they were all over each other!

It just goes to show, those turn-ons really were a game-changer.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#7 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 3:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Your Robertses didn't have any chemistry? You surprise me. When I was trying (in an iteration of the hood that Mark eventually scrapped) to make the caught-sneaking-out memory happen for real, they were all over each other!

It just goes to show, those turn-ons really were a game-changer.

Very much so, Peni. I found your married couples much better able to withstand the vagaries of randomly-assigned turnons due to the better compatibility of their aspirations. But you had the benefit of knowing how the different aspirations and personality spreads were likely to work together. The Riverside couples were much more haphazard in that respect.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 5:23 AM Last edited by marka93 : 24th Aug 2014 at 5:39 PM.
I made the hood in just the base game so turn on/off were not in there and players should change them to fit the family they want to play, the game will give them random ones.

You still can get the org. hood that Thsms204 did and you can change there turn on/off to match. http://www.mediafire.com/download/i...vygpdh/N004.zip just be advise that this one has all the corruption in.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Scholar
#9 Old 25th Aug 2014 at 10:46 PM Last edited by Enki : 27th Aug 2014 at 12:22 AM. Reason: added Russel
I attached Riverside Shopping to Pleasantview today and played my first two families, the Roberts and the Brooklyns. I believe i already strayed far from how Maxis intended them to be played due to overinterpreting little things, but had fun.

Roberts in short:
James and Hanna really do not go along well. Since Hanna´s LTW is becoming Celebrity Chef and I had downloaded a new desert she tried to impress her parents with it, but they didn´t even touch it. Seeing that made me sad, but at least the Welcome Wagon apprecciated the gesture. Even sadder is that James and Patrizia constantly roll wants about Hanna, but their interactions often end in rejects. (I try to play this neighborhood "realistically", so sticking the three of them in a hot tub, ecessive dating or spamming AL gestures is out of the picture.)
Hanna also was unlucky with three boys: one turned down her invitation, the other had bad chemistry and third had no phone at all.
Meanwhile James discovered that he is actually gay - the thought bubbles of him and a Welcome Wagon member strongly indicated that while they were secluded in the bathroom. And how could James advance so far in his career without the needed skills? Every day is a battle to cover up his incompetence, not to mention the issue with the six german shepard cubs... but that would lead too far now. Poor guy´s really under pressure...
Patrizia decided to start working again. She claims she needs a new perspective to help her sort out the situation, but in truth just wants to get away from everything. Her job is test subject in the science track, but the SCIA has their eyes on her as a possible recruit (due to her LTW to become a super spy).

Brooklyn in short:
Right from the start Isabel wished for another child. The boys wished that their dad would finally pay the phone bill! I do not know why they have no phone, but since both parents are unemployed I think the company shut off their connection. Building on this I spent all their money and sent them off into the world flat broke. Charles´ LTW is become hall of famer, so I ruled he´d accept no other job.
The first day the teenage brothers brought home Dustin Broke from the next town and he had an interesting opportunity to offer them... Blake and Gregroy are now working in the criminal track.
Isabel was insulted as slacker on the phone. She was ashamed and sought a job - playground monitor - from which she was fired the very first day. But she learned enough to teach her sons how to study and still wished for another child.
Charles recieved a phonecall from a boy the age of Kenneth. He told the child, Gebhard Darga by name, he was married now and hung up. Strange... I took that to mean that the boy is Charles´ illegit offspring and had him talk Isabel into adopting a child. Behind the scenes I set things up so that Gebhard was first in the adoption pool.
Gebhard, Blake and Gregory are an infernal trio, always at the stero (OTH music and dance) or with the maidens. Poor little Kenneth keeps to his room upstairs and plays with lego bricks a lot.
When I left the family Isabel had started writing a parenting guide ("Avoid my mistakes!") due to her LTW literature. Charles finally found an opening in the athletics career and "works" as a professional baseball player now.

Adding in Russel to avoid douple posting
Russel in short:
Martha´s best friend moves in and developes a crush for her host´s father. Why not? It´s not like Martha has to call her friend "mom" anytime soon... except, of course, SHE wanted Claire´s love in the first place. I randomized Martha´s sexuality and it turned out "Straight (low)". So, no, no jeaulously issue here. After an adjustment period of a half day I made everybody make up with everybody else. Martha and Claire tried out make-up for the first time, got new haircuts, everyone treated themselves to new outfits and only young Josh was nowhere to be found on account of busily meeting girls at the fishing spot. Gregory encouraged Josh to flirt with Ginger Newson, because he knows his brother has the hots for Ginger... and we cannot have our brother be happy, can we?! Josh also met Cyd Roseland and they quickly became friends. Cyd is already paired with Kaylynn Langerak, but that doesn´t mean he cannot act as Josh´s male role model!
Forum Resident
#10 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 4:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
I made the hood in just the base game so turn on/off were not in there and players should change them to fit the family they want to play, the game will give them random ones.

You still can get the org. hood that Thsms204 did and you can change there turn on/off to match. http://www.mediafire.com/download/i...vygpdh/N004.zip just be advise that this one has all the corruption in.

Oh, I'd rather not put a corrupted neighborhood into my game. What if you made a list of how Thsms204 set the turnons and turnoffs and included that file on the Riverside download thread?

At any rate, I understand and agree that it's best to have the recreated neighborhood be base-game compatible. The issues I had with the Riverside familes are the same issues I had with the Pleasantview families and even the predesignated potential-love relationship between Lazlo Curious and Crystal Vu in Strangetown.

I like the neighborhood! I'm just letting the incompatible couples present their various challenges to me and I'm not necessarily busting them all up either.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 3:22 PM Last edited by marka93 : 29th Aug 2014 at 4:48 PM.
@Simposiast I will add that info to each family as soon as I can get the list together. There is no problem in adding the org. Riverside to your game and checking it out for your self.

ADD: I have went in and added the info to each family for turn on/off and there on page 1 http://www.modthesims.info/download...5#startcomments

Instructor
#12 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 9:15 PM
I lost my Riverside after my restart, but I had stopped after about three full weeks. Lots of new babies, most teens were adults and buying their own houses, some had come back from college, some new businesses, etc. I think the most interesting thing was a sudden death in the last week, the youngest Jefferson child died in the pool. I have no idea what happened, his needs were fine. But because the grim reaper was floating in the middle of the pool, no one could plead for him. This lead to Barbara having an aspiration failure and slapping her husband, so their marriage was starting to get rocky. Shame I couldn't see where that would have lead. Gina was also out of the house by that point, living alone in an apartment and working at a local business owned by Danielle, and it was kind of heartbreaking to have to accompany her to the cemetery so she could cry over her little brother's grave.
Instructor
Original Poster
#13 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 3:50 PM
This is bad, I started the thread and have yet to keep it alive. My fault! I restarted my Riverside hood onto my new laptop when I had to reinstall my game files.
So I started again, and have already made over everyone and their houses and done a hood make over which isn't finished yet as I have alot of plans for it still. I'll be spilting my game play stories between here at Mod the Sims and on my blog (if you want to follow - link in signature). So please see below what is the latest with the Jefferson Family:

Sam - LTW: Graduate 3 children / Have top 5 Businesses

Barbara - LTW: Graduate 3 children/ Become Secretary of State of Scientific Discovery

Gina - LTW: Have 20 Best friends

Carla - LTW: Grow Up

Jim 'JJ' - LTW: Grow Up

Seth - LTW: Grow Up

Laying in bed together,  Sam and Barbara relished in the quietness of the house before the kids woke up and both seemed happy at the life they had build together. But the couple couldn't enjoy the quietness for long as Seth started crying now that he had woken up; and Sam could hear both Carla and Gina arguing about who got to use the bathroom first.

Sam loved having four kids, but at times worried about how he would be able to afford everything that his children wanted. While Gina, Carla and Jim went off to school, Sam needed something to do with his time now that Barbara his doting Family wife was more than capable of looking after Seth on her own. It wasn’t that Sam thought himself Lazy, it was simply because he didn’t think his wife could handle looking after the baby Seth and the twins Carla and Jim when they were younger, and so Sam had quit his job and started at home to help Barbara with the kids. It did mean that at one point money for the Jefferson family was tight; they had only survived when the kids had ben younger by both Sam & Barbara’s savings much to the charging of Barbara’s father Robert Wilkinson at the time. But now the kids were older, Barbara only needed to look after Seth now which meant that Sam could finally get a job (or ‘get off his butt’ according to his father in law) to earn some money for the house.

Sam had heard about a new music record store opening up and decided that although it wasn’t what he wanted to do – which was to open his own business someday and then expand to other businesses. It was at least something for him to do in the meantime, he knew he needed to gain some capital not just so that the family could continue living in the nice home that Sam had bought, but he needed to gain some experience too. So he decided to go for the interview as a Record Store Clerk and during his first day got promoted to Piano Tuner.
Jim brought home Katey Christian from school; while Carla brought home Emily Brown from school. While Gina went off to her room to do her homework and to get away from the craziness that was the house, Jim and Katey played Marco polo in the swimming pool, and Carla and Emily talked about one day traveling the world and meeting famous people.

Gina asked to go to One Stop Shop to finally get the new iSim phone that everyone at her school had been talking about, she had a reputation to think about at school and if she was seen without the new iSim then she knew people would think she was uncool. Sam being the doting dad that he was didn’t want to see Gina go without, gave her the money that he had been paid due to his promotion and allowed Gina to get the new iSim.

While at the outing, Gina bumped into the much older but cute Sinjin Couderc where she processed to make a bit of a fool of herself. Sinjin finding her kind of cute took it all with good faith and humoured her for a bit. While out, Gina knew she had to get a Mother’s Day present and decided to get her some of the biggest flowers she could find at the grocery store. She hoped her mum liked them at least, even if they were last minute. The mysterious Josephine Rowland turned up in an outfit what Gina could only describe as a witch outfit gone wrong, and a weird light seemed to shine over the shop.

Back home, Barbara secretly hoped that no one had forgotten that it was Mother’s Day and was looking forward to see whether her children would give her anything. Of course they did, Sam had made sure of that!

It did seem however that out of all her children, Barbara seemed most happy when her son Jim Carla’s twin brother decided to give her his favourite train toy – Gina and Carla and Sam had given her beautiful flowers but she knew that Jim giving her his favourite toy as a present was the cutest present she had ever received. (She does seem to favour her little JJ)

Sam finished potty training Seth, while Barbara took a nice long soak in the tub. To end a casual day, Sam and Barbara woohooed the night away. (Thank goodness their fertility levels are low – no baby chimes were heard.)
Test Subject
#14 Old 13th Dec 2015 at 4:04 PM
In my Riverside......

These are the family biographies

The Loco Family - Married and now with a toddler, Bert is feeling happy but he is missing something..... some friends perhaps?
Dina has lost her love for Don Baxter, but it's probably for the best. With a child to raise and look after, Dina has a lot of responsibilities with Felicia so she should at least "up" her act in life shouldn't she?
Felicia is growing fast, having learned to walk, talk and use a potty she is certainly on the path of greatness but can she stay on it?

The Hill Family - With two cats in the household, can Charlotte, Melissa and their mother Penelope keep them "sane" or will the chemistry between the felines cause mischief to appear?

The Mellor Family - With Leticia the only one unemployed she has the responsibility of Martina and Callum, but will she give up on the kids and move on to somewhere else?
Jacqueline and Luis are happily married but they don't know where their lives will end up, can they figure it out?
Ronan loves his daughter but he would like to find the woman that his wasn't, will his dream come true?

The Corben Family - The Corben ladies are settled in Riverside, they have forgotten The Loser that left Belinda and her child.
With two new bestfriend roomies in the house, will Belinda be able to look after Gemma without them getting in the way?

The Baxter Family - Don, Sarah and Alex have a peaceful place to keep their family together.
The many incidents and romantic clashes in the past have been forgotten, but Don hasn't forgot about Dina entirely.
With the two new additions to the family, Danny and Darren are climbing that ladder to success fast but will the drama between Don and Dina cause the earth to split between him and Sarah and cause Danny and Darrens ladders to fall? (named Danny after Darren Dreamer and Danny (Daniel) Pleasant in Pleasantview, which is what Riverview was turned into)

The Thompson Family - Jack loves the married life, with his hopes and dreams to become a mad scientist and a little boy to raise up just like him, that makes Jack a happy man!
Thomas is a bit lonely, and he could do with a relationship at a time like this. Will Thomas find his "other love" like the one he used to have never was?
Virginia is a bit of a love machine but with enemies of other romantic endeavours, will that prevent her from falling in love?
Missy is no longer searching for the person that she is going to fall in love with because she has found Jack, but will she ever settle with him or move on to someone else?
Eric is a little spike of life! He is shining, shimmering, splendid and he wants to keep it that way. Will he though?

The Anderson Family - Marty has always been the hot-shot of the two Anderson brothers.
Now, with two attractive new wives, Bernie has finally broke out of his shell and emerged from the shadow of his brother!

The Roberts Family - James is focused on his military career, and Patricia is a busy mum.
But their relationship with their daughter has slowly gone down the drain.
Can James and Patricia fix the situation and win back the heart of their daughter Hanna?
Gregory has just broke up with Hanna and with their child on hand, will she be able to get an A* in school and be able to leave Martin with his grand-parents so she can go to college?

The Fricorith Family - (Not the Nightlife one, my own with the same last name. Not related) Année is suspicious about Belle and her "boys", she wants to find out if they really love her but can she bring up the courage to break the chains?
Belle is not happy, she has three kids which she loves but has no time to look after them. What can she do?
Cynthia is looking for love, can she find that person?
David Lee is doing fine, but his accusation of Earl flirting with Belle caused some weird stuff to happen, icluding the two of them kissing and having a fight aterwards....
Earl Grey has been checking out Année and he sees that she is single, he could keep Belle and have Année on the side, maybe some salsa dip?
Nicholas and his siblings Micheal and Lilith are happy chumps. Although Lilith's father is Earl, and Nicholas and Micheal's father is David they're still siblings because they all have the same mother.