Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jul 2008 at 5:59 PM
Default Stupid/random questions... (v3)
This thread is for:
  • Silly, quick little questions about the game that don't need their own whole threads.

• Things you're wondering about gameplay that you think you should know despite having played the game quite a while.

• Little things you're curious about, gameplay-wise.

That's what this thread is for. Ask all your silly stupid questions here.

This thread is not for:
  • Technical help. If you are having trouble with your game, please read the FAQs in MTS2's Game Help section and post in the Game Help forums if you are having issues. More likely than not, any answers to technical questions you might ask here would be -wrong- and will not help you fix your issue in the best way possible.

• Custom content issues. If you need help with installing custom content, getting custom content to show up, or finding problem custom content, see here: Game Help: Custom Content.

• Where can I find/does this content exist? If you are looking for certain custom content, even if you're not sure anyone's made it, please ask in our Where Can I Find? forum instead of here.

• Questions about specific hacks/custom content. Individual creators support their own work. If you have a question about InTEENimater or InSIMenator, ask on the InTEEN or InSIM forums. If you have a question about how a particular piece of content works, ask its creator in the thread.

• Creation questions. Please use MTS2's Create Section where there are extensive tutorials as well as forums where you can ask questions on all aspects of creating custom content.

Helpful Tips:

Your question may already be answered. Here's some helpful tips/links for you, so you may not need to ask.

(Thanks to _ani for the original thread!)

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 13th Jul 2008 at 8:01 PM
ooh a shiny new thread for me to ask a really stupid question in if i put up custom walls and floors, then turn off CC in the catalogue to furnish..will my walls/floors go blank or will they retain the custom paint/carpet?

My policy is: If you have any complaints about anything at all...I hate you.
#3 Old 13th Jul 2008 at 9:01 PM
I think they should automatically get replaced with a maxis wallpaper/floor. Thats what happens whenever I take out any CC (but i've only done that with furniture so i'm not completely sure)
Instructor
#4 Old 13th Jul 2008 at 9:06 PM
with wall papers and floors they are completely new things...it's not like when someone clones an object from an existing object..so if anything they would go bare wall/floor...but i'm not sure if it would stick or if it would disappear and i'd have to redo it.

Lab Assistant
#5 Old 13th Jul 2008 at 9:06 PM
I suppose that depends on whether the CC will only be blocked out of the catalogue or out of the game.. Haven't tried that yet myself.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 12:43 AM
If you disable or delete custom content, then the walls and floors will be gone or replaced, but if you just disable the "show custom content in catalog" option from the game options panel, nothing will happen.

Theorist
#7 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 5:00 AM
Is there a cheating way (using boolprop, hacks, anything) to study parenting at the blink of an eye and to grant a membership of hobby club to a sim?

ETA : also to unlock mementos? Is there a cheat for that?
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 1:51 PM
I'm almost positive that inSIM can unlock those mementos in the memories panel, and it can probably give the parenting skill, too. Look under "hidden skills" and see if it's there.

Theorist
#9 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 3:12 PM
I looked under the hidden skill and there's no parenting option. Also, when I set the massage skill or teleport skill, the corresponding mementos don't get unlocked... Or you mean there's another option specifically for unlocking mementos?
Mad Poster
#10 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 3:20 PM
Have you tried to activate them by typing in the bollprop testingcheatsenabled true? Maybe it will work.
Instructor
#11 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 3:23 PM
thanks daises, just what i wanted to know!

Theorist
#12 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 3:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura
Have you tried to activate them by typing in the bollprop testingcheatsenabled true? Maybe it will work.

But what should I spawn? :confused:
Mad Poster
#13 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 3:27 PM
No need to spawn anything, just click on them. I increase my sims business levels that way.
Scholar
#14 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 5:13 PM
What version of body shop should I use?

The one that came with the original Sims, the Freetime one or the Kitchen & Bath Stuff one?
Forum Resident
#15 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 5:15 PM
The Freetime one.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 5:18 PM
the freetime one. that's the one i use anyway and i have all ep's and sp's and if you click the wrong one you always get a message that you used the wrong one.
Scholar
#17 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 5:18 PM
Thank you Avaluna! I was trying to use the Kitchen and Bath one and it wasn't loading.

EDIT: and thank you leenetje! We posted at the same time
Mad Poster
#18 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 5:20 PM
For Sims dropping by other Sims' homes uninvited (from the previous thread) I have read that it has something to do with throwing parties. Once a party has been thrown on a lot it is possible for passing Sims to invite themselves in without being greeted.
If you bring a mascot back from uni by marrying them then they can also just wander into other Sims' homes as they are still tagged by the game as mascots who don't need to be greeted.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Scholar
#19 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 5:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
For Sims dropping by other Sims' homes uninvited (from the previous thread) I have read that it has something to do with throwing parties. Once a party has been thrown on a lot it is possible for passing Sims to invite themselves in without being greeted.
If you bring a mascot back from uni by marrying them then they can also just wander into other Sims' homes as they are still tagged by the game as mascots who don't need to be greeted.

I've yet to throw a party at that lot yet; although the info about the mascot was interesting! Thanks!
#20 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 5:45 PM
Quote:
Stasisesque/Zaggytiddies - If you're going to delete neighborhoods, it's a bit better to do so from in-game, on the neighborhood chooser. There's a small trash can icon that will appear toward the bottom once you have a neighborhood selected. It -usually- goes okay if you delete them from within Windows but there are occasionally issues with disappearing neighborhoods that we haven't tracked down yet, so I'd strongly recommend doing it in-game as that way is known to be safe.

Thank you very much, HP. :D

I'm going to try asap (and with Strangetown I think, as I haven't played it this install).
Theorist
#21 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 5:48 PM
Strange, even if I run the K&B or any older bodyshop, it'll automatically change to freetime's bodyshop. So I always wondered how people managed to run the wrong version of it.

@crocobaura : I'll try that
Mad Poster
#22 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 7:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44

I have the same issue, but mine are all ex waiters, or barmen - basically anybody I brought to the game who used to work in the restaurant business. I actually find them quite hilarious
Instructor
#23 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 11:26 PM
Oh I had no idea about the mascot. Thanks for informing us.
Here are a questions-
1-Is there a tutorial for packaging homes? I want to save some before I reset the hoods.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 15th Jul 2008 at 4:49 AM
click the home you want to package - then press the packaging sign, it's a * with a cursor under it if I remember correctly - and you are done.
Instructor
#25 Old 15th Jul 2008 at 5:16 AM
Thank you - So I package it without people in it I assume?
And how do I put it back in the hood when done? Is it saved in some obscure place?
Locked thread | Locked by: Delphy Reason: 1000 pages.... time to start a new one!
Page 1 of 1000