Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 1:25 PM
Default mods that are absolutely necessary
i started playing ts2 because i found out about the ultimate collection and it was too good to pass up. i already have over 100 mods (lol) but is there anything to make needs in general a bit easier to manage? it kinda feels like playing ts1.. what do you guys use? :p
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 1:30 PM
Try this thread. http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...5#startcomments

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 1:52 PM
There could be, but I only know of mods to make it harder. There is the simblender which lets you drain/half or fill needs on individual sims. Otherwise there is the cheat Max Motives which fills all sims needs full. Sims 2 is way easier than Sims 1 as I have been reminded by watching a recent let's play. Make sure you have ticked all the sism perks on the left which deals with needs. The best way to manage needs is do not let any get into the red. Buy the most expensive item that deals with needs, so the most comfortable bed, that way comfort and energy go up faster. A more expensive stove fills them up better, a bath tub raises comfort and hygiene. A cheap source of fun is the $12 kid like wall hanging, you simply have them view it. A lot of it is just getting used to playing and then it becomes rather too easy.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 2:42 PM
thanks for the link! i'm gonna check out the wiki list of mods and thanks for the advice. it seems like the motive bars are longer in ts2 than ts3, lol. and why do they always need to eat like two plates of food before they're full? i'll work on getting used to it again
Field Researcher
#5 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 2:54 PM
Pretty sure what you're experiencing with the food is because in 2, lower level meals aren't as filling. Basically, anything that is at the low end of the cooking skill isn't going to be as effective as something that takes eight points to prepare. Makes it actually mean something gameplay-wise to have a high cooking skill.

http://kahonseecity.livejournal.com/ < - New Prosperity Challenge. Last update: 6/9/14
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 3:06 PM
That's true. I forgot about that. I'm also kinda looking for mods to make mundane tasks faster, such as eating
Undead Molten Llama
#7 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 4:34 PM
IMO, the difference between TS2 and TS3 in terms of Sims eating is that, in 3, it takes forever and a day for them to cook something, but they eat quickly. In 2, they cook quickly and eat slowly, particularly if they're eating with other Sims. Pescado has a mod that speeds up multiple Sims eating together so that they talk less. I think it's part of "noeatcrap," IIRC. But I can't recall ever seeing a mod that makes Sims eating alone eat faster.

To answer the original question, the only mods that, to me are "absolutely necessary" are the critical fixes available at MATY. This is because they will stop/reduce the chances of corrupting your game/neighborhoods. Everything else is just preference. Mod out the things that annoy you, which is a highly individual thing. Add things you want to add, like autonomous romance/woohoo with ACR or teen pregnancy with Inteen. I find that Cyjon's site is a good place to start for fixing things that annoy you. ACR and Inteen can be had at Simbology. Inge's hacks at Simlogical add lots of interesting things like player-run schools and prisons as well as annoyance fixes. The list is endless but, like I said, what you'll want and consider necessary is a highly individual thing.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 6:16 PM
Here is another thread that also brings up some things NOT to do, as well as some good preventative measures:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=529014

Those two threads may seem overwhelming, but it's not so bad. Get those important fixes, skim over the two wikia sites (there is info on them as well on characters, hoods, etc.). And welcome!

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 8:35 PM
Also, in 2, lower level meals can be made more filling by higher level appliances.

They should use The Sims 2 in psychology....it could work wonders.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 11:17 PM
The two platefuls is from the sims low cooking skill + cheap stove. You might not have had time yet, but fresh produce from the garden is very filling. It sparkles if a sim cooks a meal with it and one plateful is often more than enough, even 1/2 to 3/4 of a plate can fill them. Or you can put the produce in the juicer and drink it as that wont overfill them. They get fat rather easily on sparkling food. Since the fat body shape isn't so great on sims 2, especially on the guys I try and avoid letting them get fat.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~