Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 1:46 AM
Default The Sims 2 How to edit a sim's skintone and eye once made and in game
Hey guys,
When gaming with the Sims 2, I like to use CC, so I hate it so much that when I make a vampire skin, it appears as a hideous default pale skin, and default red eyes, when I much rather have a vampire with special CC. So, I was wondering what mods I should install for this task so that I can edit my sims in game, like shift+clicking on a sim in The Sims 3 and simply 'Edit In CAS'. Thanks alot guys.
Kind regards,
Roxa.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 2:11 AM
I can't really help you out with changing sim's skintones and eye colours (other than using "contact lenses" people make of that eye colour) because I have no idea how to do that, but if you don't like the vampire skin then you could try downloading a default replacement skintone/eye-colour.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Field Researcher
#3 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 2:37 AM
You'll need to download SimPE first. Then follow this tutorial. It's not too difficult to do even if it requires more fiddling than Sims 3 does. Mind you, this is only if you're wanting to change a specific Sim's skin to another tone or to a custom skin. If you're looking for default replacements for all skins and eyes, you're better off asking in WCIF or browsing CC sites for them. Default replacements will automatically change all Sims' skins once you place the files in your Downloads folder and load the neighborhood.
Scholar
#4 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 2:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HideousCarcass
Hey guys,
When gaming with the Sims 2, I like to use CC, so I hate it so much that when I make a vampire skin, it appears as a hideous default pale skin, and default red eyes, when I much rather have a vampire with special CC. So, I was wondering what mods I should install for this task so that I can edit my sims in game, like shift+clicking on a sim in The Sims 3 and simply 'Edit In CAS'. Thanks alot guys.
Kind regards,
Roxa.

I recently downloaded a replacement default vampire skin here on MTS that I like a lot. It comes in a couple of versions, including one that shows your vampire's "human" eye color. Either way, makeup CC shows up a lot better. Search for vampire skin and you should see what I'm talking about.

I think it's a little more difficult to change sim eye color in TS2 because of the game's more strict genetics. Eye and skin color can't be changed in game...I think.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 3:48 AM
How much does the plastic surgery object let you change? I haven't used it in years so I can't remember how far it lets you change your sim.
Theorist
#6 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 3:52 AM
The plastic surgery machine lets you change facial features only. Hair requires a mirror, and clothes requires a dresser/changing booth. (Eyes and skintone can't be done in-game without using hacks/CC of one kind or another.)

EDIT: And the facial fetures changes aren't genetic, any more than they're genetic when you go under the knife IRL.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 3:58 AM
For plastic surgery you can also do that with Christianlov's plug in Gussyup, but like the surgery machine it is cosmetic only and does not get passed on, just like a nose job does not get passed on in real life.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~