Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 11:17 PM
Default Swapping Lots folders?
Just a quick question. Does anyone know if it's safe to swap out your hood's Lots folder with a backup copy or vice versa? For example, if I want to resort to a backup copy of my neighborhood from a week ago, but in that time I've redesigned some of my community lot businesses and I don't want to have to redo the work. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 12:38 AM
I don't know for sure, but I would assume that'd be a big no.

If they're community lots, and not owned community lots, you could just save them to the lot bin and then place them from there into your backup neighbourhood.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 1:27 AM
They are owned businesses, otherwise I would do exactly that.

For the record, I did try this, and it seems to be working fine. My business lot has its fresh new look, but the business information didn't change (which is actually great because I had run my business 25,000 in debt with the redesign, and now that debt is all gone!)
I ran my store for awhile in debug mode and didn't get any errors.

Currently, I can't think of any reason why this would be bad. I know it is bad to just delete a file out of the Lots folder, but in this case it is just replacing the same file with an updated one, so any references to that lot file would just refer to the new copy I would think.

I'm playing now, so I will update if I have any problems, but so far so good.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 1:30 AM
I have no idea if that would work or not. Good to hear it seems to be. I would be a bit nervous about messing with owned business lots.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~