Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 9:58 PM Last edited by adamsavagefan : 19th Sep 2017 at 11:18 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Seasons, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Counter Islands making sim not eat
I have no idea how else to describe this. When I direct my Sim to eat, the only options I get are "Resume Cooking' and "Clean Up". When I choose "Resume Cooking" my Sim stomps his foot and gets the "counter in my way" bubble (screenshot is enclosed). I removed ALL of my food related mods and it's still happening.

This is on the La Fiesta Tech University lot. There's no errors or jumps; the Sim complaining about the island counter. Do I need to reset something? I don't know how to search for this problem which is why I'm asking here.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 10:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by adamsavagefan
I have no idea how else to describe this. When I direct my Sim to eat, the only options I get are "Resume Cooking' and "Clean Up". When I choose "Resume Cooking" my Sim stomps his foot and gets the "counter in my way" bubble (screenshot is enclosed). I removed ALL of my food related mods and it's still happening.

This is on the La Fiesta Tech University lot. There's no errors or jumps; the Sim complaining about the island counter. Do I need to reset something? I don't know how to search for this problem which is why I'm asking here.

Does this happen on other Dorm Uni Lots?

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 10:35 PM
There might be an invisible object blocking the way.

Try this, sell all the counters and replace with the same type.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 10:35 PM
Yes. I just discovered that it's happening in my Sim State University too.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 10:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
There might be an invisible object blocking the way.

Try this, sell all the counters and replace with the same type.

That did not help. Still getting the same error.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 10:53 PM
Okay, I think I fixed it. I had to download the stuck object remover from MATY and that seems to have fixed it for La Fiesta Tech. I am going to test Sim State University now.

Edit: Yes, apparently there was an invisible object blocking the counter and I'm getting the current choices when I click on the food. Is there a version of this mod that's NOT from MATY?
Alchemist
#7 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 11:02 PM
might try resetting like you speculated in original post.

if that does not work, might try moving either bowl or counter with the moveobjects cheat.
if moving does not work either, problem might relate to some other download than the ones you removed.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 11:29 PM
You will want to keep the stuck object remover, it's the only one of it's type. Uni's tend to abound with invisible stuck kicky bags.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#9 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 8:25 PM Last edited by RoxEllen1965 : 20th Sep 2017 at 8:43 PM. Reason: Forgot to add the link
TwoJeffs made Play Sanity Fixes which includes the functions for his old "No Indoors Kickybag."

Quote: Originally posted by TwoJeffs
Nerfs the following interactions: Toss Football, Kickybag, Catch, Splash in puddles, Snowball & Water balloon fights. Not allowed indoors, most not during winter, and autonomy for adults limited to only with their children/teens.

http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=13.0

If sims are prevented from playing kicky bag inside the dorm, you're less likely to end up with it getting stuck and blocking access to needed objects.

I'd still keep the Stuck Object Remover though. Kicky bags aren't the only objects that can get stuck and cause this sort of problem.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 10:43 PM
Indeed. I even had an invisible stuck skipping rope on my homeless lot- outside! The best thing it does for me is remove those for sale signs that appear across the road.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~