Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Blender 2.7 TS3 Tools v3.02 updated 5-2-14

by cmomoney Posted 15th Feb 2011 at 8:32 PM - Updated 2nd May 2014 at 4:08 PM by cmomoney

213 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 154 Feedback Posts, 58 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 3 of 9
Test Subject
#51 Old 4th Jul 2011 at 12:35 AM
Hello.
I have some trouble with importing s3asc into blender. I want to convert it into .obj cause I need it as a model to use while making a pose, so I cloned it and saved the MLOD as s3asc but everytime I go import->sims3mlod/modl(s3asc), I got this error:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
What I'm doing wrong?
Scholar
#52 Old 9th Jul 2011 at 5:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wiqvonfrege
Hello.
I have some trouble with importing s3asc into blender. I want to convert it into .obj cause I need it as a model to use while making a pose, so I cloned it and saved the MLOD as s3asc but everytime I go import->sims3mlod/modl(s3asc), I got this error:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
What I'm doing wrong?

Read post # 45 in this thread. I guess the answer is there.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#53 Old 9th Jul 2011 at 1:27 PM
There's something wrong with that .s3asc file, specifically that comma between the zeros. How did you make the .s3asc file?

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
#54 Old 10th Jul 2011 at 3:03 PM
It was the base game guitar. I cloned it using S3oc, then exported MLOD 00000000 as s3asc. I followed Orangemittens instructions. Orangemittens was able to import guitar, so I guess it's not the object itself, just something wrong in cloning/exporting/blender settings
Test Subject
#55 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 3:20 AM
Nice one, but...
this is genius! but the problem is... i Don't Know How to use Blender.
Test Subject
#56 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 9:34 AM
Hi, I have the same problem as wiqvonfrege, Orangemittens said that it could be a different read by my PC (I live in Europe) but I absolutely need to open my .s3asc in blender...
Could you help me, please?

« What is simple in the moonlight,
by the morning never is. »
Test Subject
#57 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 2:30 PM
I live in Europe, too. Someone help us, please!
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#58 Old 6th Aug 2011 at 1:55 AM
The issue isn't where you live, it's that comma in the value error: 0,000000. This happened in older versions of the helper, have you tried updating it?

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
#59 Old 15th Aug 2011 at 10:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cmomoney
The issue isn't where you live, it's that comma in the value error: 0,000000. This happened in older versions of the helper, have you tried updating it?

I got the same error. As wiqvonfrege hasn't answered, I share my point of view.
(btw, I reply here rather than in one of the forum threads concerning the issue, cause I found "my" error here^^ sry if the post is too long for a comment on a dl )

• I have all the latest tools (using Blender 2.58 with your TS3tool, the latest S3PE with helpers from orangemittens 0402.0951, latest TSRW with S3PE plugin by murano - I hope I'm not forgetting anything, cause there is a LOT I downloaded recently while trying to get started meshing with the blender oO).
• started a project in TSRW > edit > project contents > chose the 4 files one by one > exported to S3PE > saved as .s3asc in own folder > open Blender > import with your tool > and there's the error.

did I forget something? miss a step? I have no idea - the problem I had before I found where to put/find the .s3asc files was that I managed to import a file, could swap to edit mode in blender (it found something apparently) but there was nothing to see whatsoever. thanks so much for an answer, I'm dying here after 9 days of collecting everyting I need.. and still it doesn't work :/

maninkka
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#60 Old 16th Aug 2011 at 1:12 AM
I can't seem to reproduce this error. Can you tell mew what version of the wrappers you are using, and what object you are exporting from?

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
#61 Old 16th Aug 2011 at 9:36 AM Last edited by maninkka : 16th Aug 2011 at 9:48 AM.
I thought I did, my bad.. and I wish I knew what wrappers are and what they do ^^
I loaded orangemittens helpers/wrappers posted in their forum on july 3rd, and with the file that says 's3piwrappers.ModelResources.dll' comes no info of the version, if that's what you mean.. I don't know if there are any other wrappers for any program anywhere elso :/ sry.

just saw that s.o. recently left a comment there that refers exactly to my error O.O
"The ',' got there because in my Regional Settings (in Control Panel) the decimal separator for my country (and in many other countries) is ','. I changed it to English and then it worked fine..." (originally posted by Desecrate)
and something else about forcing the files by converting something in .NET.. I don't get it. if it's not frowned upon when including links to other forums I give you just that, so you can check the version and the post and comment.

apparently it has sth. to do with the country you're living in regarding the language your pc is set in. I try if this helps immediately!

/edit
IT WORKED ! BÄM. man I'm so glad, I could cry.. after all thes hours figuring out which program, what to do, which plugin, where to find tutorials and where help for problems - it WORKS. thank you cmo anyway for trying. just to post this error seems to have done the trick xD it is the language setting, that causes the ',' to appear. phew! wonderful.
if you want to tell me more about wrappers or where to find information about them, brilliant. wanna learn^^ meshing starts right NOW :D
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#62 Old 16th Aug 2011 at 1:35 PM
Good. I guess I learned something too.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Alchemist
#63 Old 19th Aug 2011 at 12:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maninkka
I thought I did, my bad.. and I wish I knew what wrappers are and what they do ^^
I loaded orangemittens helpers/wrappers posted in their forum on july 3rd, and with the file that says 's3piwrappers.ModelResources.dll' comes no info of the version, if that's what you mean.. I don't know if there are any other wrappers for any program anywhere elso :/ sry.

just saw that s.o. recently left a comment there that refers exactly to my error O.O
"The ',' got there because in my Regional Settings (in Control Panel) the decimal separator for my country (and in many other countries) is ','. I changed it to English and then it worked fine..." (originally posted by Desecrate)
and something else about forcing the files by converting something in .NET.. I don't get it. if it's not frowned upon when including links to other forums I give you just that, so you can check the version and the post and comment.

apparently it has sth. to do with the country you're living in regarding the language your pc is set in. I try if this helps immediately!

/edit
IT WORKED ! BÄM. man I'm so glad, I could cry.. after all thes hours figuring out which program, what to do, which plugin, where to find tutorials and where help for problems - it WORKS. thank you cmo anyway for trying. just to post this error seems to have done the trick xD it is the language setting, that causes the ',' to appear. phew! wonderful.
if you want to tell me more about wrappers or where to find information about them, brilliant. wanna learn^^ meshing starts right NOW :D
A wrapper is code that wraps around existing code to call that code in order to utilize its functionality. It allows you to use the original code or enhance it.

I'd like to correct any misconception that those are my wrappers/helpers posted at Simlogical...they are the work of Atavera and Peter and I posted them there with permission.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#64 Old 19th Aug 2011 at 10:44 AM
If there are any brave people, we'd welcome those who are willing to test these blender plugins with each latest test version of S3PE

Anyone who chooses to do so will no longer need the extras that Orangemittens has in her thread at simlogical, as all the latest stuff you need comes with the test versions.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#65 Old 19th Aug 2011 at 2:14 PM
Would that be these versions? S3PE 11-0809-1034 S3OC 11-0809-1027

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#66 Old 19th Aug 2011 at 4:24 PM
S3OC is irrelevant in this matter, but for the test S3PE just go into the test versions subforum and it will be whatever one is stickied at tthe time. It's updated a lot, so whatever is the latest today might not be tomorrow

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
#67 Old 20th Aug 2011 at 3:00 PM Last edited by Czeczenski : 20th Aug 2011 at 3:30 PM.
Hi, I have a problem. Does that version of your plug-in works with blender v2.59? When I try to run blender with it, program turns off.

EDIT> OK I found error... Thanks anyway
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#68 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 2:45 PM Last edited by cmomoney : 28th Aug 2011 at 10:25 PM.
Updated: The Joneses have made a Blender exclusive format, .s3m2b, to better exploit Blender capabilities. the script has been updated to accept this format, as well as a filter fix.

I also have a slot editor for Blender in testing: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...69&goto=newpost

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 14th Sep 2011 at 1:12 PM
Hi, Thanks for these tools. Is this the correct place to ask for help in using these?

I am learning to create objects, using this tutorial where applicaple: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...owTo_Mesh_Guide

I just cannot get the export working, it keeps giving me either this error message:

or just saying "Error: export successful". In both cases only group00 gets saved.

I tried with s3asc and s3m2b both and the result is the same. And both are 0 KB of size, only group-files have meaningful size. Is that normal?

If I do not remove anything from the old model, the export works, but as soon as I replace the model (group01) or delete something from it, I start to get this error. I tried to unwrap the UV-map again, and reassign the bone to the group01, but it did not help.

I am new to this, so probably I am just doing something wrong. I have used the whole day trying to debug this and getting nowhere. Are there any tutorials on how to do this with Blender and these tools? Are the steps listed with the tools download all that are needed?

I am from Europe (Finland), but after reading about the localization problems from this thread I changed my locale to US English, so that should not be the problem. I am using 64-bit Windows Vista.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#70 Old 14th Sep 2011 at 9:20 PM
Updated: Added rgb mask and specular baking, as well as mesh to sunshadow mesh, and other tweaking.

@misukisu:
Could you post the .blend file? I can take a look at it for you.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 15th Sep 2011 at 2:54 PM
Thank you!
You can get the file here: http://www.mediafire.com/?8noiz0rb8ubeqbe
Just press "Export" and you should see the error.

I assume it may well be "stupid user"-error, newbie that I am.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#72 Old 15th Sep 2011 at 4:19 PM
I exported and got no errors. The 'ERROR: Export successful' isn't an error, but a confirmation. I'm going to change that soon. the only problem with you model is that you haven't applied an Edge Split modifier, so you won't have sharp edges, but that isn't causing an error.

Are you choosing the original file when exporting? The exporter will not create a new file, it overwrites the original. It is normal for the file size to be 0.

Do you have the latest QA s3pe? If not, that could be the problem. You should use that and the the latest Blender tools.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 15th Sep 2011 at 7:24 PM
Thanks, but the error message is consistent and this particular file should give the longer (index out of range) error, not "Export successful". I have tried several times and about half the projects give me the longer error and and half just fails writing the files. I have not been able to export anything, even in cases where it shows "Export successful", it does not save the group01 (only group00). The time stamp does not change, and if I reimport, it brings in the old mesh. But you got a proper export from my file, right? Both files updated?

I have tried to overwrite the original s3m2b file. Well, I did try new file once too, but it did not work either.

That would mean that this might be another locale (or at least environment) specific issue.

I have s3pe_11-0828-0954 (which I think is latest QA) and I updated both Blender and the Blender tools just before I started (this week's tuesday).

I updated the Blender tools to your yesterday version, but that did not help either. By the way, it would be handy to have the version info in plugin details view. Now it does not give any feedback on whether it got updated or not.

Today I am going to do nothing more but go to sleep, but tomorrow I could take a look at your code and see if I can add some debug info or find out what causes the error. I do not know much about modeling, but I am a programmer, so maybe there is something I can do. Or maybe not, but it would be nice to be able to do this in Blender.
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 16th Sep 2011 at 8:26 AM
OK, this one is solved. I went to the Blender console and it had already the needed debug info there:
Quote:
KeyError: 'pby_prop_collection[key]: key "dropshadow" not found'

I need to have both new mesh and the dropshadow selected, before the export works. That is quite obvious, but did not occur to me earlier since the dropshadow file was the only one that got updated before
I did not need to be in edit mode, it worked in both object and edit mode, but I needed to have them both selected.

I have got couple of new problems now.

First problem is change in the UV map. This is my map before the export:

and this is the same UV map imported back from the created file:

Am I not supposed to UV map in Blender? Or are some UV mapping tools forbidden? I used seaming, unwrap and project from view options when creating my UV map.

The other problem is not related to these tools, so I started a new thread for it: Help newbie assign joints to vertices
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#75 Old 16th Sep 2011 at 1:24 PM Last edited by cmomoney : 16th Sep 2011 at 1:38 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by misukisu
OK, this one is solved. I went to the Blender console and it had already the needed debug info there:

I need to have both new mesh and the dropshadow selected, before the export works. That is quite obvious, but did not occur to me earlier since the dropshadow file was the only one that got updated before
I did not need to be in edit mode, it worked in both object and edit mode, but I needed to have them both selected.

That's weird. For one, you shouldn't have to have the any objects selected, as my code looks for the objects by group name. Secondly, the dropshadow key it is looking for is a material, and doesn't have anything to do with exporting. But if it's working for you...
Quote:
Am I not supposed to UV map in Blender? Or are some UV mapping tools forbidden? I used seaming, unwrap and project from view options when creating my UV map.

For the game, however you have the uv split, the mesh must be split in the same places. So say you have the top of the table mapped separately, those faces have to be split from on mesh. The easiest way to do this is to select that part of the mesh(in edit mode) and press Y.

edit: Regarding the version numbers, I did put them in there, but apparently I had it formatted wrong, so it wasn't showing up in the User Preferences.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Page 3 of 9