Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 4:50 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time
Default Sims just stand in one spot
Hello members, I have never had this happen before, in all the years I been playing the Sims. I just added two new Sims that I downloaded from Oopsie's site I have had these two Sims for a long time and just decided to place them into PleasantView today. Also I place them both into a lot that I have had for a while made by another creator not by me.

Anyway these two Sims they just stand in one spot not moving around, unless I direct them to do so.
I try using the Bat Man Box and use force error In world then later I try force error in off world, they will then move for a little while.
But then will again start standing in one spot again.

So I came out of my game and went into the neighborhood view and place both Sims, into the "Family Bin" then I turn around and "Bulldoze" the lot. ( I did not make the lot myself )

Most of the time I place Sims in my own made lots. In my game I have been using Tarlia's clean template which no problems, I only have two neighborhood in my game Pleasantview and my Custom neighborhood never had any problems at all. This is the first time this have happen and I just place these two Sims and the lot in my game today. Anyone know what going on ? And if it is the two new Sims, or the lot which I already got rid of, how can I get rid of Sims ( if it is them ) without, corrupting my game they already have met the " welcome wagon." I don't know what with this.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 5:12 AM
was free will turned off? have you tried them in a different lot?
Test Subject
#3 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 5:12 AM
Is it only those two Sims that have the problem or is it other families too?

It seems something is interfering with free will. First thing to do would be to check if free will is on.
If free will is on it may be some borked cc. You may have downloaded a borked mod, or maybe even some of the cc that came with the house might be interfering.
I once had a mod that stopped free will, the best way to dig it out is to use the 50/50 method.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 5:35 AM
Check the lot didn't come with free will turned off, I've had that happen before.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 6:33 AM
Thank you all, "free will is turn on" I did notice one thing I went back re- downloaded the lot that I bulldoze to have a good look around, I found two things that really concern me and one reason why I rarely download someone else lot.
One thing I should point out this lot came furniture , here what I notice the TV screen had a picture on the screen ( but not in motion or sound ) then in one of the bathroom in the shower was a circle of water on the shower floor.

This made me feel very uncomfortable seeing those two thing which to me mean the creator of this lot did not do it or upload the lot properly with condition like what I saw.
It make me wonder did the creator just pull the Sims out he had in the lot and then upload to be use by anyone else who want it, yes a very pretty lot , but something wrong there.
Why is the TV screen showing a picture, but not moving why is it even on? Why is there a circle of water on the shower floor like a Sims pee there? Those two things I never notice before until I went back to look and re-downloaded this lot again to have a hard look.

If this creator who made this lot pull the Sims out then would it not be some kind of left over information still hanging around which could be one reason why the two new Sims I place in the lot was not active ? Not sure.
Anyhoo I bulldoze it again after looking at it one more time ( lot not in my game ) but the Sims are still in the bin. I going to place them in one of my own lot and see what happen.

Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 9:48 AM
On the basis of the problems with that lot, I'd suggest you run your 'hood through HoodChecker to hopefully remove any corruption that lot has introduced.

If moving the sims into a different lot doesn't work, I'd suspect that they're just constantly erorring over something. Turning on testingcheats should enable you to see what they're freaking out about - perhaps a CC object that was in the lot you downloaded, or it could be a problem with ACR or something.

Also, I've moved this thread to the help forum.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 11:17 AM
@ Nysha thank for moving I was not sure where to post this thread, never had this problem before, anyway what I did was place the Sims couple into my own lot that I made myself. And I also forgot to take out an adult mod that I was testing a few two day ago, then "Snap" I remember that I had not yet pull it from my download so right away I took out.

I did test the Mod with HCDU before placing in my download it said no conflict, but anyway with the Sims in my "own" lot that I made and pulling the mod out that I was testing the Sims are back to "normal" interaction.
I did not use the Hood Checker because to be honest I am not a fan of the tool. It sometime give negative things that are not there.

Mad Poster
#8 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 1:41 PM
That's why new lots/sims should always be tested in a test neighbourhood first.
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#9 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 11:32 PM
Problem have been "Solve " as stated in my post No.7 and the reason that may have cause the problem again thank you all.

Theorist
#10 Old 3rd Jul 2015 at 10:46 AM
I hope it's ok to add a question here, as it may be relevant to the problem of lived in lots and using a test hood before placing in main hood. Once you checked out a house and find that it has problems and best not to use, should we delete that test hood and create a new one for the next testing? Just wondering if a possible corrupted house will affect newer tested houses. I know these copies tested won't be used on a new hood but if the testing hood now has corruption does it matter for later use?

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.