Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Sep 2017 at 5:21 AM
Default No Mosaic Mod for P&N 2.0?
A little bit of explanation as to why I'm looking for a No Mosaic mod, when there already is one here in the forum: I had been using Ridoo's No Mosaic v1.1.10 mod with no problems. Sims were not hidden behind that ugly mosaic in both the base game, and in Pirates & Nobles. So I thought it was working just fine.

In a related note, I've been going through the mods I have installed, looking for the one that seemed to interfere with some animation effects throughout the game. For example, the interrogation chair. The "Douse" animation had no water being thrown, and the "Chinchilla Attack" had no "fighting dust cloud" in the sims' laps. Also, when sims drank elixirs like "ethereal elixir", they did not become translucent--they stayed solid.

Come to find out, it's Ridoo's No Mosaic mod that was causing those problems. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with it not being updated for Pirates & Nobles. And me, unable to do any modding myself (believe me, I've tried), I'm left with searching everywhere (and I've searched EVERYWHERE) and asking around.

So if anyone knows where I can find a No Mosaic mod updated for P&N, I'd be very grateful!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 21st Sep 2017 at 7:35 PM
Not familiar with the mod in question, but it likely removes the particle effect entirely from the game, which would have the side effects you describe. The best result you can get is the one provided by a core mod which will prevent the effect from ever being applied to certain situations, like Grim's Medieval Core.