Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Nov 2015 at 2:11 AM
Move to a new town?
I just loaded up a game I haven't played in 2 months and got a pop up asking if I wanted to move my sim to a new town. Is this a feature I've forgotten or have I got a mod doing this? I said yes but the sim never made it from Ilsa Paradiso to Twinbrook, sadly lost somewhere in the loading pages.
I do not have the traveler mod, but do have Overwatch and Register.
Advertisement
One Minute Ninja'd
#2 Old 22nd Nov 2015 at 2:35 AM
It's a feature, albeit broken, that came with a later patch. It's supposed to simply save the family and lot to the bin and allow you place it in a new world. Which is something you could always do manually yourself for like, forever, but they decided a broken automated method would be more aggravating for the player.

Manually moving a family, with or without a lot, from one world to another by going to Edit Town, save, then place in the new world does work. If you wish to move several families and maintain relationships between them, NRaas Porter is the way to go. If you want to move to a new town and keep all the relationships intact in the old world (who become long distance friends) then Traveler is another option.
Theorist
#3 Old 22nd Nov 2015 at 2:49 AM
As far as I know it's a normal basic game feature to emigrate your Sims. Because I can't remember having a related mod and I've just moved my family from Twinbrook to Roaring Heights via their computer. Without any problems. And I've been asked/adviced to save the final situation before the move in a (new, preferred byTS3) save game. It didn't ask you the same question?

I've never gotten a pop up from the game with that question, though....

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 22nd Nov 2015 at 2:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Annette19
I just loaded up a game I haven't played in 2 months and got a pop up asking if I wanted to move my sim to a new town. Is this a feature I've forgotten or have I got a mod doing this? I said yes but the sim never made it from Ilsa Paradiso to Twinbrook, sadly lost somewhere in the loading pages. I do not have the traveler mod, but do have Overwatch and Register.

Hi Annette19 -- See if this helps you out in the Traveler FAQ's . Scroll down to Switching Home Worlds.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 22nd Nov 2015 at 3:03 AM
That question can re-appear long after you first saw & answered it, because the game caches the knowledge that you've already seen it, but that cache can be deleted. I think the more recent invitation to "learn about smartphones" is the same way.

But yep, the feature's there and -- well, what barbarat said.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Nov 2015 at 4:31 AM
Thanks everyone.
So it's an existing feature, good to know. I started a new game ( the reset method) with very little custom content/store content in and tried it out. This time there was no pop up, but I could move towns via the computer. My sim (this time in Twinbrook) got a taxi ride to Ilsa Paradiso and arrived successfully. So I'm guessing that it didn't work properly in my original game due to too much stuff to load.
I'm not sure it's a feature I need, but it's good to know it is meant to be there and not a disaster waiting to happen!
Theorist
#7 Old 22nd Nov 2015 at 4:55 AM
I actually kinda like this option and am glad I could move my family to another nicer and less boring/depressing town. It adds some realism to the game, because people move between towns and cities all the time. My mother crossed the country multiple times (from almost the northest point to almost the southest point to somewhere in the western area of the country to her/our current place in the south) and my father hasn't been born in this city either. Big downside: normal traveling between the cities is impossible and you lose all contacts and friends without mods, both unlike vacation spots. I mean, internet and smartphones.

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 22nd Nov 2015 at 7:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Annette19
Thanks everyone.
So it's an existing feature, good to know. I started a new game ( the reset method) with very little custom content/store content in and tried it out. This time there was no pop up, but I could move towns via the computer. My sim (this time in Twinbrook) got a taxi ride to Ilsa Paradiso and arrived successfully. So I'm guessing that it didn't work properly in my original game due to too much stuff to load.
I'm not sure it's a feature I need, but it's good to know it is meant to be there and not a disaster waiting to happen!

With or without mods, seems to me that a taxi ride all the way from Twinbrook to Isla Paradiso and not just to the off-the-map airport we never see would involve a tremendous amount of underwater travel, so hope your sims kept the windows rolled up. The scenery must be interesting, though.