Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Apr 2005 at 4:59 AM Last edited by leesester : 7th Mar 2012 at 1:19 PM.
Food Tutorial for Creating Cereal' W/Pictures
This tutorial is outdated - Updated version is HERE

---This Tutorial is Written for the cereal Only---

It is a basic Tutorial to start you off with learning how to
Create/Recolour the cereal, it will not work on other foods!

-------------------------------------------------------------

Open SimPE - click the "plugins tab"
then click "object workshop" .. Wait for it to load...

When it finaly loads ....
make sure you click "clone" NOT colour options
then click "object listings" .. wait till it loads ..Yada Yada

Type in Cereal then remove the Asterisk * where the little blue arrow is then uncheck "remove useless files" & check "load parent data" exactly as shown in pic

Click start:

at this point you should see a new pic appear
In "ModelName' type In a new name like shown
always put in a - (Hyphen) right after your name (Example) fireflies-tutorial
leaving no spaces

click ok

Then give your .package a new name in the next window

Click save:

In the next window click on “Texture Image” & extract all the pics you will re-colour by right clicking on the pic and choosing "export'
For Cereal it is [color=purple]usually[/color] the first and third line, the arrows show them.
"[color=blue]do not change the name when exporting[/color]" that way you can find them easier.

use whatever paint editor you are used to and then save in "[color=blue]PNG format Non interlaced[/color]"
then right click on the pic in SimPE and choose "import' Right Click again on the pic & choose “[color=blue]update all sizes[/color]"
then click Commit. do this with every pic you will change.
When done click File & Save

Next go to "Text Lists" click on instance 0x00000088 and change foodprepcereal_food
to this ##0x1C050000!fireflies-count_chocula04-03-05__foodprepcereal_food

"Click change in all" then click "Enable all languages"
then click commit and save.

Now while still in "text lists" click instance line 0x0000012E and change the text
that says "Cereal" to "Count Chocula" no quotes, or however you want the name to look?
click "Change in all" then click enable all languages
Repeat for each and every line that says Cereal, i marked them off for you
When done click Commit and Save.

Next go to "Shape' click on ObjectGraphNode and click on each instance
until you find the text line with
fireflies-count_chocula040305__foodtraycereal_root_rot_shpe
now on the very bottom you will see a blank text box called "Filename'
add this line to it ##0x1c050000!fireflies-count_chocula040305__foodtraycereal
Click Commit and save.

Now on to "Catalog Description' change the name "Cereal" to "Count"Chocula" no Quotes, or however you want the name to look in the Fridge Options?
Click “Change in all” then click “Enable all Languages”
And finaly Click Commit and Save.

Now onto "Object Data" click the first instance line then Change the text for only "Cereal" to Count Chocula so it looks like Food - Count Chocula - Menu then get your Unique Guid then click Commit ...

Once done Copy-n-Paste your unique guid down in notepad/wordpad because we are going to use it again.

Now click the second Instance line (because we need two unique guid's)
then Change the text for only "Cereal" again so it looks like
Food - Count Chocula
get your second guid "click Commit and Save
now write down your second guid in your notepad/wordpad.

Now go to "Behavior Function" click Instance 0x00001000 it will open up a long box pointing to a red X Click the Box, this will open the OpCodes now where it says "Operands" SEE the first four numbers? Reverse Your Guid and put your first Guid in it! "like so"
Your Guid --> EL 99 LL 67
Make it Reversed ---> 67 LL 99 EL

DO NOT TOUCH ANY OF THE OTHER NUMBERS OR YOUR PACKAGE IS TOAST! Only the first four Boxes I HAVE CIRCLED THEM FOR YOU!
"Click Commit'

Now do the same thing on Instance 0x00001004 using your second Guid
“this is an EXAMPLE” Guid EL 99 LL 68
Make it Reversed ---> 68 LL 99 EL

Now comes the fun part... open up the sims2 and lests see if it works?
If it doesn’t seem to work and your sim is just standing at the fridge then Reverse
67 and 68 in the instance codes

Do not try this same reference on another food since Each Food item is Different it most likely will not work!!

I am not responsible for anyone who tries this and messes up their game blows up their machine or pulls out all their hair trying this Tutorial...

Please Thank Exor674 for all she has done and accomplished
Without her none of the foods created today would be possible.

Please dont ask me how to do other foods
More tutorials will follow soon!

Have Fun with your New Cereal' Fireflies!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 18th Apr 2005 at 5:48 PM
Thanx a lot! You're a star!
#3 Old 20th Apr 2005 at 2:18 PM
thx man its awsome
Test Subject
#4 Old 21st Apr 2005 at 12:37 AM
It did not work unfortunately. I did everything and then the recoulour did not work.I have CEP.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 25th Apr 2005 at 9:21 PM
Very good...I'n trying it right now. Could you make a "normal food" tutorial as well please ???
#6 Old 25th Apr 2005 at 9:31 PM
Cereal isn't there. Where could it be?
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 25th Apr 2005 at 10:35 PM
worked wonders THANKS!
Test Subject
#8 Old 28th Apr 2005 at 2:18 PM
It doesn't work!!
Test Subject
#9 Old 29th Apr 2005 at 8:44 PM
After going throught the tutorial again it worked! Thanks a bunch fireflies.
Test Subject
#10 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 10:19 AM
Thanks.
Now my Sims Breakfast is colourful :D
Test Subject
#11 Old 7th May 2005 at 3:40 PM
I'm going to try this again..
Test Subject
#12 Old 7th May 2005 at 4:13 PM
Cool! Thanks
Test Subject
#13 Old 7th May 2005 at 6:11 PM
didn't work..
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 8th May 2005 at 5:49 PM
Annizz what is it exactly that you are having a problem with?
Test Subject
#15 Old 17th May 2005 at 3:40 AM
Wow, great tutorial, but just a couple of things.

First, on the first screenshot, the "Load Parent Data" isn't on my version of SimPE (I'm using the latest build, so it's likely been changed.) In it's place is "create a stand alone object" is this the same function?

I was able to follow your tutorial for the most part, but I can't seem to get the cereal to show up in the bowl as they are filling it/pouring the milk. It does show up when the tray dissappears however, and they eat it normally. Not sure what I missed!

I'd like to get this fixed so I can upload my creation, Quisp cereal!
Thanks. :D
Test Subject
#16 Old 26th May 2005 at 11:36 PM
Hey, can I have the link for SimPE? I have it downloaded, but its not an option on my start menu. Hmmmmm
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 2nd Jul 2005 at 12:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by srgilbert
Wow, great tutorial, but just a couple of things.

First, on the first screenshot, the "Load Parent Data" isn't on my version of SimPE (I'm using the latest build, so it's likely been changed.) In it's place is "create a stand alone object" is this the same function?

I was able to follow your tutorial for the most part, but I can't seem to get the cereal to show up in the bowl as they are filling it/pouring the milk. It does show up when the tray dissappears however, and they eat it normally. Not sure what I missed!

Sorry have not been around for a while, real life called on me!..

First - "create a stand alone object" is fine to use since the change it affects are no different to "Load Parent Data" as far as i can tell.

Second - did you make sure everything was changed needing this number ##0x1c050000!

or that the same number was applied to this?
##0x1c050000!srgilbert-Quisp_cereal__foodtraycereal

it has been a while since i really got into moding the game so i need to refresh myself and maybe this tut but i am sure if you go back and look a few times you may find the answer.
#18 Old 16th Jul 2005 at 6:28 PM
Hey, Thanks. It worked. I made Cocoa Puffs. Hope you make more tutorials soon. You write them so I can understand them. And that's saying something...

Thanks again! (Oh, and no pic of the Cocoa puffs. Nobody cares anyway...)
Field Researcher
#19 Old 16th Jul 2005 at 8:09 PM
could u share the object ? =)
Field Researcher
#20 Old 16th Jul 2005 at 8:20 PM Last edited by Max3D : 17th Jul 2005 at 11:01 AM.
I've tryed to do mine Maccheroni .. cause they are realy different from the one that the Maxis think....
well
to reskin the maccheroni i simply "rebuild" the texture without messing in menu.. and looks like to work =)
but u know i'm an ass with SimPE if u are brave enough to test it ........ :frog:
:howdy:

//edit//
ok look at here
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 25th Jul 2005 at 12:41 AM Last edited by jcfranklin27292 : 25th Jul 2005 at 12:43 AM.
I thought I had posted in your tutorial post already fireflies, but I guees I must have overlooked it. Your tutorial helped me out alot and I have gone a long way with the help of this tutorial and your one on one help.

For any of you interested in TS2 food creations / modding this would be the perfect tutorial to get you started. I would recommend it to anyone interested in creating food items for TS2.

Thanks for all of you help and support fireflies! :bow:
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 5:50 AM Last edited by electric : 3rd Aug 2005 at 3:33 AM.
I just dont understand the whole guid thing. Do i click*user guid* in the dialog window? It keeps giving the same one but i know i need two.Everything else is easy.

Edit: It worked.But i had to make up a guid.I'll post in the help.

Thanks Fireflies,i've now made something (besides recolours). :cdance:
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 6:23 AM
I figured out the Guid properly.

Can more than one cereal be added?
#24 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 9:52 PM
Help
This Looks really cool but I cant seem to find cereal in the object workshop.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 5th Aug 2005 at 10:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chrisputtock
This Looks really cool but I cant seem to find cereal in the object workshop.

you have to type the name cereal in the box,then it will automatically have the asterisk for you to remove. Make sure youve clicked plugin first then the grouped objects tab before you type

It takes just one tree to make a thousand matches, it takes just one match to burn a thousand trees...
Page 1 of 4