Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#26 Old 23rd Jan 2016 at 9:12 PM
Yeah I tried all that. it's fine now, it's just one expansion pack that doesn't work so it's no big deal.

Every time I reinstall the game I run it clean without any CC, not even the store bought stuff so it isn't CC or mods that cause me trouble.

Thanks for the help.

My PC specs.
Windows 7 64 bit,AMD FX 4300 quad core processor, 8 gigs DDR3 ram, 1 gig Geforce 9500 graphics card, patch 1.67.2
Every time I reinstall the game I run it clean without any CC, not even the store bought stuff so it isn't CC or mods that cause me trouble.
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 24th Jan 2016 at 10:35 AM
Okay so I did another fresh instal, this time I made sure to track down and delete all files related to the Sims 3 myself and now the game seems to working fine. it still has the old glitches like Zombies taking over the town and crashing the game but other then that it is fine.

So sorry about what I said about EA, I was completely at fault here. From now on a I avoiding store content and I will never touch anything made by NRAAs again, because those things are the worst thing you could do to your game and they completely destroy your system.

Sorry for the trouble, as long as you don't run mods this game is fine. Still I will be getting rid of the Supernatural expansion pack since there is no way to run it unmodded where everyone doesn't become a zombie and it doesn't crash my game.

Again thank you for your time and I am sorry to have troubled you.

My PC specs.
Windows 7 64 bit,AMD FX 4300 quad core processor, 8 gigs DDR3 ram, 1 gig Geforce 9500 graphics card, patch 1.67.2
Top Secret Researcher
#28 Old 24th Jan 2016 at 1:19 PM
I rarely have any problems once the game has finished its 10 minute loading time. Yesterday, however, the create-a-style tool was giving me problems but only in one specific area of the lot. Go figure.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Instructor
#29 Old 24th Jan 2016 at 2:13 PM
I figured it out!

Don't ask me how or why but i started adding in mods and store content one at a time and trying the game and it seems that for some reason Overwatch and Errortrap were counting the Supernaturals and Townies as bugs and just deleting them all from the game, I started a fresh game without either of those mods installed and now it is working perfectly. I can even run it with the no zombies mod so the game doesn't crash. So it looks like it was just those two mods.

Thanks a bunch for all of your help and sorry to have troubled you.

My PC specs.
Field Researcher
#31 Old 29th Jan 2016 at 1:50 PM
For me, the game has a few engine issues (when running at higher speeds it sometimes lags like hell during the day time). However, with my current set up I think it's pretty smooth (when not using higher speeds, 2 is fine) I'm currently running 970's in SLI with a 4790k, 16gb ram on a 250gb SSD. Windows 7 is installed on a 1TB HDD and I view this on a 1440p Monitor (which I game on) there is also a second monitor (which is 1080p and i'm never getting rid of it)

The game runs brilliantly, I tend to run a SweetFX High Sharpness from Let Them Eat Burnt Waffles, paired with a lighting mod from there as well. Sometimes use the HQ Mod with a strength of 4096. Other mods I use are Nraas Story Progression, a bunch of hacks, game mods and CC's - which come to around 2-3gb. Nraas Story borks my game somewhat at the start, simply push the speed down slightly... and smooth as butter, sorts it right out. I only use this primarily to make the townies appearances more unique, cant stand default/cult like face... its unsettling. There is a fix for this with awesomemod, haven't used it in a while though... yeah, i'm pretty fussy.

Admittedly, I don't have all the EP's and SP's though (Pets and Katy Perry - I have used Pets, my sister has it and when she came to visit, she brought it because I wanted to test it when I got this new PC, it worked very well indeed)

...Still discovering new things every time I play, but I may get Pets soon, see no reason in buying Katy Perry SP though...
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 29th Jan 2016 at 4:15 PM
I've noticed without any cc installed in the launcher my game runs like new (launcher even comes up quicker). Package files, when merged, greatly reduce the loading time in CAS as well. I've taken to converting all my sims3pack cc to regular package files and merging them together so the game runs faster. Got a lot of cc to go through (and even remove entirely), but I'm optimistic it'll make my game run better.
Instructor
#33 Old 29th Jan 2016 at 9:10 PM
This may be old news to everyone else but I have been playing the game for just about seven months so this is new to me. I have discovered save cleaner and it has recently saved a few files that were either refusing to load or where running so slowly I had written them off.

This program is a life saver and I am now running it on my saved games at least once a week.

My PC specs.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 30th Jan 2016 at 12:05 AM Last edited by jje1000 : 30th Jan 2016 at 2:25 AM.
Yup, it definitely is.

Save Cleaner + Overwatch + No Memories = Saved games and load times.

Edit: Also clearing out caches from time to time
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 1:22 PM
i7-2600K @ 4.825Ghz
2x4GB DDR3-2144Mhz RAM
2TB WD Black
GTX 780 Ti @ 1301Mhz Core / 1900Mhz RAM
Custom Water Cooling for CPU & GPU
Win 10 x64
All EP+SP + tons of mods and CC
max graphics setting + force 8xMSAA + 8xSGSSAA via Nvidia Inspector @ 2560x1440 resolution with V sync force on.

if GPU don't get bottleneck then FPS will stay at 50-60 all times but lag several times probably because too many mods/CC / 8 Sims / 64x64 lot / Shitty programming by EA.
Inventor
#36 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 1:52 PM
I do. And my PC is quite updated (I'm saving for a new one). Core i5 750 @ 2.7 Ghz (yeap, the first one) + GTX970 4GB + 2x4GB DDR3 + 2x 2TB WD Green HD + PSU TopPower 800W. I have all EPs+SPs+4GB of merged custom content (very neatly organized).

You just need a good array of mods and manage the custom content content with care + Save Cleaner + some tricks here and there (RAMDisk + the newly discovered CPU Unparking). I'm quite happy with the performance I have, especially considering that my PC as I said is outdated (mainly the motherboard/CPU and and SSD for God's sake). I get usually 50-60 fps while playing and I don't have much lag even when I play with a large amount of Sims in a very big lot. I do get from time to time (once every two weeks) Error 12 mainly because the Sims 3 process goes beyond 3,5 GB of RAM and it seems the game starts to collapse at that point. It depends on the world I'm playing. If I play a small world, it runs smooth like butter and I never have any lag or errors. I'm currently playing in Alpine County and Beach City, very large worlds, and I have a little bit of lag sometimes (no more than 1-2 secs). But of course, I'm quite the OCD trying to optimize the game every chance I get. That's key to really enjoying this game.
Scholar
#38 Old 7th Feb 2016 at 10:11 AM
My game stutters on occasion, but that's probably not helped by the fact that I have over 5GB of stuff in my Mods folder (custom content) and over 7GB of stuff in my DCCache folder (a lot of Store stuff), along with all EPs and three SPs. I probably need to do a restart/clear up to really figure things out and optimise performance as I have a pretty beefy system (i7 6700k, 290X, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 960GB SSD).
Page 2 of 2