Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jan 2016 at 4:44 PM
Default Do plants ever die?
This is probably a stupid question, but do the plants ever die after a certain number of harvests or is it all to do with how they're being looked after?
I'm looking for my sim's garden size to be reduced but I don't want to have to neglect any plants so that they die purposefully - even for plants, that seems mean!
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 24th Jan 2016 at 5:53 PM
I've had dedicated and obsessed gardeners whose plants have died; I've never timed it versus neglect.
Instructor
#3 Old 24th Jan 2016 at 6:11 PM
On the wiki here, it lists how many times you can harvest each plant until it is barren (unable to harvest anymore and is now dead.)
Mad Poster
#4 Old 24th Jan 2016 at 6:40 PM
Yes, it's to do with the number of harvests. There's a challenge Sims can do so plants no longer die of neglect, but IIRC that's it.
One Minute Ninja'd
#5 Old 24th Jan 2016 at 7:53 PM
They can also die if you don't water them daily or weed them when necessary, unless you fulfill the challenge as BH already referenced.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 25th Jan 2016 at 12:53 AM
Yes, garden plants will die (or more accurately, go barren) after being harvested enough, though this has less to do with the number of times harvested, and more to do with the amount of produce grown per plant. For example, a single tomato plant will produce 20 tomatoes (over however many harvests) before going barren.

Also of note: Sims with the Green Thumb trait and level 5 Gardening skill can revive plants that die due to neglect, but not plants that have gone barren.

WARNING: Professional Lurker Alert!
Quote:
"Ew, trees [WooHoo-ing]."

-- "Oral Pollination", Not Always Right