Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jan 2016 at 9:03 PM
Default Sim Survey
So I got permission to do a survey on people's sims experience. This is just something about your experience, what you like/dislike, etc. so don't panic, this is not a quiz or anything with right or wrong answers! This is open to anyone here on MTS. Feel free and take the survey regardless on which parts of the whole sims series you own. Also, if you have any feedback you'd like to give me feel free to private message me. For example if you only play one of the sims games and you feel some questions were biased don't hesitate to let me know. I'm open to any comments!

1. About how long would you say you have been playing The Sims?
2. On a scale of 1 to 5, 1 being not much at all to 5 being of course that's me, would you consider yourself being a Sims fanatic?
3. (Warning this question is very common and probably somewhat difficult to answer) Which Sims section be it 1,2,3, medieval, or 4 is your favorite? Would you recommended it to others?
4. Which Sims section do you play most often?
5. On a scale of 1 to 5, again with 1 being low and 5 being yes, where would you rate yourself as a player who uses cheats a lot and has a lot of custom content in any of the games?
6. which transition of sims games do you think had the most improvement and why? (i.e 1 to 2, 2 to 3, or 3 to 4)
7. Which base game of the Sims 1, 2, 3, and 4 do you think could of used more time and improvement?
8. Which game do you feel is the most "custom friendly"? meaning it is more open to your own content
9. Last question: If there was a sims 5 base game that had the ages of baby, toddler, child, pre-teen, teen, young adult, adult, and elder and was pretty much like the sims 3 in having the open neighborhood but the gameplay and options were more like 2 would you consider buying it and paying for it for $60?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 13th Jan 2016 at 9:43 PM
only gonna do questy 9, because that is the one that gets right to the most important end point: Yes. Gimme a game that has a WELL OPTIMIZED open world, ability to create and use custom worlds, Sims that are more emotionally lively, like Sims 2 Sims were, with memories that do not have to be disabled to get better performance and that have impact on what sims do, say and feel. No stupid culling of sims I've spent time creating or raising. Yes to ability to recolor in game, so I don't have to have fifty bazillion files of custom content as my worlds grow and in general.. yes to a game that lets me use my own imagination as much as possible, as a true sandbox should, without boxing me into some uninspired game dev's concept about what *I* should find fun. Please more enabling of player creativity.

I'd pay lots MORE than 60 bux usd for that.

MTS does not allow us to delete our accounts. I will not be logging into this account anymore, so PMs would go unanswered.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 13th Jan 2016 at 9:53 PM
1) At least 5 years. I used to play a lot as a kid with various different sims games and just started to get back into it in the recent couple of years.
2) 3? I like Sims a lot, play it excessively on and off, and enjoy looking for new items and going to these forums. But I don't do it everyday or dedicate the time into it for making mods or cc.
3) Sims 3 is my favorite. I'd recommend Sims 1-3 and tell people to avoid Sims 4 if they know what's good for them.
4) What do you mean section? Like building or actually playing sims? I kinda bounce between those different play modes depending on my mood.
5) 4. I use cheats all the time to build stuff but I rarely use cheats in actual play unless the game glitched out and I have to fix stuff.
6) Probably 1-2 had the most improvement. 2-3 had open world and CASt but if 3 actually was programmed correctly and had at least another innovation I'd consider saying that one.
7) 4! What a mess. Let's not even talk about it...
8) Sims 3. I love CASt so much. Having preset colors for everything was so aggrivating before but with CASt I could finally create things exactly how I wanted and always can use a piece and have it match as well.
9) Mmm my ideal Sims 5 would be CASt and open world from Sims 3, the build conveniences and graphical style from Sim 4, and the gameplay from Sims 2... with the customize options from the Sims's 3 Nraas mod, and actually coded decently with no load screens in between.
Inventor
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Jan 2016 at 10:02 PM
Here's me:
1. Around 8 or so years (more like 9 if I counted the console versions)
2. 4
3. I'd have to probably go with 2 for this one. I would recommended it others, and have
4. I play probably The Sims 2 most often
5. 5
6. 1 to 2. The whole thing about introducing 3d and reflections, not to mention the way things like sims look like was a big improvement
7. 4
8. 2 I would say because you have access to so many different tools that are so very easy to use: bodyshop, and homecrafter as examples. Also being able to use custom music for all modes and being able to do custom paintings.
9. Yes!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 13th Jan 2016 at 10:05 PM
1. I've been playing The Sims for roughly 8 years.
2. 3
3. I would recommend Sims 2.
4. I play Sims 3 the most.
5. 3.5
6. 2 to 3
7. Sims 3.
8. Definitely Sims 2. There's a crap-ton of stuff you can make and put into that game.
9. Shut up and take my money
Mad Poster
#6 Old 13th Jan 2016 at 10:28 PM
Oh man, since I was a kid (I'm 27 now). I don't really remember exactly what my first ever Sims game was, just that it was one of the Playstation (or PS2?) ones. I have a vague recollection of watching my mum and her then partner directing a fat beardy man around a house and being incapable of figuring out how to get him to do anything else other than eat or take a shit (which then led to me asking how I knew he was taking a shit because apparently kid me forgot male Sims stand up to pee).
I properly got into TS2 around '05ish, I think? That was the start of my Sims addiction, so damn son, over a decade.

2. On a scale of 1 to 5, 1 being not much at all to 5 being of course that's me, would you consider yourself being a Sims fanatic?

3. (Warning this question is very common and probably somewhat difficult to answer) Which Sims section be it 1,2,3, medieval, or 4 is your favorite? Would you recommended it to others?
3. As for recommending, I'm not sure. Possibly, but I suppose at the end of the day it depends more on what people are looking for in a game, if graphics matter, etc etc.

5. On a scale of 1 to 5, again with 1 being low and 5 being yes, where would you rate yourself as a player who uses cheats a lot and has a lot of custom content in any of the games?
10 wait I already used that joke 5. I always activate testingcheatsenabled, buydebug and unlockoutfits whenever I go in game, and I have a metric cockton of CC.

6. which transition of sims games do you think had the most improvement and why? (i.e 1 to 2, 2 to 3, or 3 to 4)
Oooh, now this one is difficult to answer. Because there are things that TS3 improved on compared to TS2, but there are also a lot of downgrades in 3. The same with 4. There's stuff that 4, in my opinion, improved upon compared to 3, but again, downgrades.
Yeah, I know I'm pulverising a dead horse by mentioning TS4 no toddlers, but for my own personal preference of play, not having those put me off, the same with a lack of TS4 CASt.

TS2 and 4 I've played and enjoyed, but ultimately grown bored of, and I admit that it's probably for quite some superficial reasons; having to download recolours, loading screens, dated graphics in TS2's case (apparently I'm shallower than I thought) and again, no toddlers in TS4.

This isn't to say that TS3 is perfect, as Christ, we all know it most certainly isn't. As much as I fucking love this game, and think I will for many more years to come, there are still times when it bugs the fuck out and glitches up to the extent where I just want to throw my hands in the air, recite every single cuss word in existence in as small amount a time as possible and burn down EA's buildings.
The Sims in 3 feel a bit lifeless in comparison to both 2 and 4, at least in regards to gameplay animations. Fortunately pose packs help, but we all know that's thanks to CC creators rather than EA. The romantic interactions in particular in 2 and 4 are what make our little pixel people feel more alive. Let's take kisses, for example (and I will admit that I like some of TS3's romantic interactions - the dip kiss from ITF and the heat of the moment kiss from Uni are both adorable as fuck, yet for some reason neither fulfill a promised "kiss so and so" wish so what's the fucking point in using them?)
Look at these screenshots:

These screenshots all make me think "how cute!", and not just because I'm emotionally invested in the couple. Their expressions, the body language programmed into these animations scream to me "I am in love with this person" - or in the case of the third one, "I am going to fuck your brains out".

TS3 passionate kisses, OTOH?

Okay...yeah, I guess this is still a happy couple. But God damn; gentlemen, if you're hungry, maybe you should go and find something to eat instead of trying to devour each other's faces. TS3 "passionate" kisses look so ridiculous, like a pair of kids trying to be grown up and fucking up their first ever make out session. They look more like goldfish. This animation is so bad that for the above couple at least, I've made it a character trait that neither of them can kiss for shit and always look like a pair of awkward gropey fish.

BUT. Having said all of this, the TS4 emotions system make the Sims personalities feel, again in my opinion, samey. Everyone reacts to the same stimuli the same way, bar a few trait related exceptions, and even then everyone with the same trait exception reacts the same way (I hope that makes sense?). It was fun to toy around with at first, but ultimately became another reason why I grew bored of the game because everything felt so...samey.

7. Which base game of the Sims 1, 2, 3, and 4 do you think could of used more time and improvement?
This involves me remembering both what the base games alone were like and my own reactions to them. So, uh, pass.

8. Which game do you feel is the most "custom friendly"? meaning it is more open to your own content
"Your own content" meaning stuff you make yourself? Because I'm pretty sure that trying to create my own CC will leave me as baffled as trying to understand how to pilot a fucking NASA rocket.

9. Last question: If there was a sims 5 base game that had the ages of baby, toddler, child, pre-teen, teen, young adult, adult, and elder and was pretty much like the sims 3 in having the open neighborhood but the gameplay and options were more like 2 would you consider buying it and paying for it for $60?
That's like £30 over in Blighty, I think? Oh God maths, oh God thinking, my poor brain can't handle this.

But yeah, that sounds pretty Goddamn sexy. I'd probably wait until other people got the game so I could look at screenshots, videos and shit, but that'd be very tempting. EA GET ON THIS.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 13th Jan 2016 at 11:22 PM
On and off since Sims 1 launched in Feb 2000. It's a game I'll play for a couple months, then will jump to other games but come back to eventually.

I'm probably a 2. I'm really into it those couple months at a time I'm playing, but once a new shiny game drops, the Sims are out of my headspace.

While there are still some things I miss from Sims 2, the open world and CASt of Sims 3 made it my favorite. I tend to recommend 3 the most. If 2 was easier to get/play on modern systems, I'd suggest that to friends looking into the series, too.

Sims 3

I use cheats all the time, to both set up the story I want to play and to make townies look better (or at least fix their fashion).

Tough call. While 3 had improvements that made it my favorite, it also removed some of the more compelling things that 2 brought in from 1. So I think the game improved most from 1 to 2.

4 felt rushed and still lacks some basic strides that the other games made.

I'll go with 3, just because CASt means I'm downloading awesome cc meshes, but can still style/color things the way I want them every time.

EA has been losing my faith through many of my favorite franchises, so I wouldn't pre-order Sims 5 just because of that, but I'd pay attention to reviews and it would definitely be a strong consideration.
Scholar
#8 Old 13th Jan 2016 at 11:56 PM
4 years

1 to 2

Sims 3

Yes
One Minute Ninja'd
#9 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 12:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by David Poston
So I got permission to do a survey on people's sims experience.
Yeah? Where's your permission slip?
Anyway,

1. Since TS1 came out in 2000 (is that right?) and SimCity before

2. 4. I am a Sim's fanatic, but will never admit to being a 5

3. The Receptacle Refugees in Social Groups. It's the one place you can bitch about all 4 versions of the Sims without feeling guilty for making some fanperson sad you hate their fave version and are ruining their enjoyment. Then the 3 forums.

4. Huh? The Sims game(s) has (have) sections?

5. 237

6. 1 to 2 to 3. 1 for being the groundbreaking first. 2 for building on 1. 3 for pushing (albeit flawed) for an even greater experience by taking you past playing a family on a lot in 2 (even if you rotated, it was still only one household at a time) and creating a somewhat living and breathing community for your sims to interact with. Especially with an aftermarket story progression mod that made the whole community thing work. And CAST. I love CAST. 4 has been incredibly important for seeing just how full of shit EA is with it's big turnaround plan of "Player's First".

7. All four. No game, no matter who puts it out (OK, go GTA V!) is ever perfect at release. But of the four, TS4 was certainly the weakest base game released to date.

8. I would go with 3. Not that you couldn't make content for 2, and the Body Shop was nice, but CAST really made 3 a pleasure when it came to spur of the moment customization of both CAS and buy/build.

9. TS5 with all age groups, an open hood, and better game play? Of course I would buy it. Even if it was more than $60.
Inventor
Original Poster
#10 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 12:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Yeah? Where's your permission slip?

I asked Nysha through a private message
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 2:11 AM
6 years or so

461. I mean it. I sing Simlish in the shower. I want Mayzie Grobe played at my funeral.

3. Which Sims section be it 1,2,3, medieval, or 4...?

Note: Eskie took "Sims section" to mean "MTS site section", which is actually fair since a lot of our Sims life happens on this site. In that spirit, my answer would be:
The Off Topic forums and two of the Social Groups.

5. ... as a player who uses cheats a lot and has a lot of custom content in any of the games?
5. I cheat massively, every chance I get.

1 to 2

TS3: yes. It could have used a better "engine" (software and graphics substrate) at base-game time to support the whole life cycle of the game.

TS4: "More time" isn't quite the right answer, because it got off on the wrong foot (apparently intended to be multi-player and mobile). Starting from the legacy of that project, the dev team may struggle their hardest; but they cannot, by any number of mere incremental improvements, get TS4 to where I think it deserved to have been, based on the progress from 1 to 2 to 3. "More time" would have been well spent if there had been a clean re-start.

TS3 -- judging mainly from my observation of MTS and NRaas.

9. Last question: If there was a sims 5 base game that had...?
Yes.

Besides features you listed, I would hope as well for further advances in the AI.
TS5 Sims should be able to remember how they feel about whom and get past small obstructions without screaming.
TS6 Sims should be able to write TS7.
They should all, of course, be cute whilst doing it.
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 2:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Everything in the survey had been asked and answered in The Receptacle.

This is true. Receptaclites are nearly as thorough about this kind of data as Mormons are about genealogy.
Scholar
#14 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 2:49 AM
1. 3 years
2. 3
4. 3
5. 5
6. NA I've only ever played the sims 3
7. NA
8. NA
9. Maybe. I think that might be interesting, but that's a lot of money for a base game... Especially when you consider how the franchise is all about the dlc.
Test Subject
#15 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 2:52 AM
- The family has had the sims and sims 2 since I was a wee one, but I didn't really get into it until Sims 3 and I started buying expansion packs.

- Something like a 2.5? I like to know about what I'm playing, and mod things to high hell which gives a person certain knowledge in a game, but I don't consider myself obsessed.

- Sims 3 beats out the rest, personally, because I much prefer an open world to a closed one. Never played Mideival so I can't really say anything about it. I'd recommend it only if they installed overwatch, errortrap, and some kind of fps limiter. Don't want them frying their graphics cards.

Sims 3.

- Custom content: 50. Cheats: 4. I try to play the game "properly" but when I'm stressed and don't want to deal with it, I'll cheat up my sim's moods just for the sake of my sanity.

- 1 to 2. There was so much heart and soul put into the sims 2, even though some things stayed a broken mess, that it's just hard to justify anything else. Sims 3 also tried, I feel, but they fell flat on a lot of things and it's rather unfortunate.

7. Which base game of the Sims 1, 2, 3, and 4 do you think could have used more time and improvement?
- Sims 4 was simply rushed out the door too early, I feel. It left a disappointing aftertaste, and has kind of soured my perceptions of it to this day. I'm patiently waiting for a pets-like expansion before I really return to it.

- Sims 3 at the moment. I love CaST, how it can make a piece of furniture or whatever look like garbage or wonderful with a swap of a texture.

- Fuck yeah! Hell, they could optimize the sims 3 to work better and sell it back to me; as long as it worked exactly as intended (memories not bloating save games, no obnoxious rout failure lag, etc.) I'd happily pay for that. Reward hard work and a good product, that's my motto.
Theorist
#16 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 3:19 AM
Since Sims 1 in 2000
TS3 (since my rediscovering of the game)
It depends, currently, over the years TS1 or 2 leads the list
5, because:
A) I can typ testingcheatsenabled true, motherlode (best game cheat ever!), resetsim x/name and moveobjects on straight from my mind.
B) I own about 3,5 gig (TS3 downloads + mods folder), 900 mb (TS4) and 630 MB (TS2, all from this year, thus a lot is not available anymore) of CC and mods in the 3 games
1 to 2
3 in stability of the game engine, 4 in almost anything. 1 and 2 were good enough for that time
No brainer, I would buy that game.
Scholar
#17 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 4:09 AM
I've been playing The Sims for 15 years͵ starting with The Sims 1 game in late 2000.

2. On a scale of 1 to 5͵ 1 being not much at all to 5 being of course that's me͵ would you consider yourself being a Sims fanatic?
I would score myself as a 2. I do not purchase The Sims memorabilia on a regular basis͵ nor do I seek out gamers in my area that play or talk about The Sims. I'm also more partial towards the early years of my gaming days͵ namely the first and second editions of the franchise.

3. (...) Which Sims section be it 1͵2͵3͵ medieval͵ or 4 is your favorite? Would you recommended it to others?
My favorite iteration of The Sims would be the second one (#2). If I would recommend a version of the game to others͵ it will depend on their gaming habits and what type of questions they may have about the franchise. Because it is commercially available and supported by the publisher͵ I may have to recommend The Sims 4 for the reason that if there are issues the gamer may have about it͵ they can contact the publisher. If they were able to purchase the game in the after-market commercial sector͵ then The Sims 2 would be the recommendation. The player can seek me out for assistance on what to do with the game͵ or seek out the help of peers who play the game from online forums..

I often play The Sims 2 for its building component of the game and object displays. I do not really consider family play.

5. On a scale of 1 to 5͵ again with 1 being low and 5 being yes͵ where would you rate yourself as a player who uses cheats a lot and has a lot of custom content in any of the games?
I would rate myself as 2. If the number of custom content is measured by the about of hard disk space accumulated͵ then I would say that I do not have very much when compared to others. I would not consider myself an addict of custom content downloading. I feel that any custom content I use is limited to modifications to my game's programming͵ rather than visually with objects. I would say the I cheat a lot with the number of levels allowed for building in the game͵ along with the 45 degree angle rules͵ the move_objects cheat͵ & the CFE cheat.

6. Which transition of sims games do you think had the most improvement and why? (i.e 1 to 2͵ 2 to 3͵ or 3 to 4)
I feel that the transition from The Sims 1 to The Sims 2 had the most improvement because it moved from an isometric 3D view of the world to an actual 3D movement. Also͵ I feel that the building tools and custom clothing options have greatly improved the openness of the game's abilities.

7. Which base game of the Sims 1͵ 2͵ 3͵ and 4 do you think could of used more time and improvement?
The Sims 4 because of its initial incompletedness. If it were more complete͵ players' initial reactions would have helped to cement the 4th iteration of the game as a raving success with many many more unsure players purchasing it at the price they offered.

The Sims 2. Especially since the game is complete with not plans for additional expansion packs or stuff packs. Anyone who studies the functions of the game's folders can become familiar with it knowing that there won't be changes to it made at the whim of EA.

9. (...) If there was a sims 5 base game that had the ages of baby͵ toddler͵ child͵ pre-teen͵ teen͵ young adult͵ adult͵ and elder and was pretty much like the sims 3 in having the open neighborhood but the gameplay and options were more like 2 would you consider buying it and paying for it for $60?
That's a trick question͵ because it assumes simply by having all these elements together will ensure the game's success. So no͵ I would not consider paying $60 for a game that I can't see from its progress. Visuals and sound are very important aspects to have!

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 4:54 PM Last edited by SusannaG : 14th Jan 2016 at 5:07 PM.
1. I have been simming since the summer of 2000.
2. Probably a 3. I play the games a lot, but I haven't bought all the SPs and EPs (and have no plans to), don't have all the store CC, don't run a sim site, etc.
3. Sims 2 in a narrow edge over 3. I'd happily recommend either.
4. At this point I play both 2 and 3. Historically, I've played 2 much more than anything else. (I am almost scared to estimate how many thousand hours of Sims 2 I have under my belt!)
5. I am a CC addict. I've used cheats to a certain extent, mostly the money cheats (family funds is very useful sometimes). So a 4 on the CC and a 2 or 3 on the cheats?
6. The biggest transformation in the series was 1 to 2.
7. Sims 4. Needed a lot more time in the oven.
8. Sims 2.
9. Assuming no mandatory Origin, yes.
One Minute Ninja'd
#19 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 5:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Viktor86
5, because:
A) I can typ testingcheatsenabled true, motherlode (best game cheat ever!), resetsim x/name and moveobjects on straight from my mind.
B) I own about 3,5 gig (TS3 downloads + mods folder), 900 mb (TS4) and 630 MB (TS2, all from this year, thus a lot is not available anymore) of CC and mods in the 3 games

Err, ah, now granted, there are lots of mods in my mods folder (well, 220, but that's with all the NRaas modules too), but my DCCache+Mods is now at 20 GB. After a recent culling of stuff I didn't want anymore. Yay me?
Scholar
#20 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 2:38 AM
Honestly I'm not sure if I should bother you with my answers, but because it's a really good reason to postpone my duties and finishing a paper a bit more...
so - let it be.

Hard to remember, also my experience is blurred between a few rules where "a player" was actually rare, probably it'd be fair saying I actually *play* about 3 yrs, which is not "day by day"

out of the numbers; it's hard to be a Sim-fanatic not beign able to be a "fan" for anything at all... well

depends of auditory, personally I switch between s2 and s3 finding both iteration of game appealing; I've never played s1 - some day I must, and I find difficult to truly judge s4 at this stage of development (as a game, not as a market-social phenomena)

s2/s3

while gaming almost never, or only if it's necessary because of game limitation or bug. WHile building - constantly, I'm considering "cheats" during building as integral part of tools. Also - according to CC I use it in a large not very wise scale...

It wont be revealing if I say "2", but some aspects of the 3rd one was really refreshing and I do not have in mind a whole new area of implementing bugs, ofc.

each known for me. Personally I think, each iteration of program was a challenge itself at the technical, project or design (including graphics' design ofc) and always failed at the project level, sometimes miserably (s3 is probably the example of the widest range, but a new 4 one seems to be a good try to step further on this path)

according there is no actual legitimised by developer real manual nor even proper reference... none I admire people who gave us the ropes because of theirs industrious curiosity and skill, great patience and love for these games, from not fan but more professional point of view it's rather "not so really friendly software".

Hard to say 'cause there's many factors.
Honestly - I think the 4th is a sign it's a really good time for EA and theirs minions to give up this kind of software and for other - to challenge them like Paradox did for example. I believe there's a plenty of space for some Costly Birds, Costly Birds: Costumes, Expensive Eggs.. (end so on) so the Corp. won't die of starving. Just don't make me "/sigh they did this *again*", yet another time...

In my guilty, hidden dreams, during Full Moon one of theirs Executives goes mad and releases rights for S2 core and basic content... and this is that happy day for humanity... simminity... 'ya know what I mean.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Instructor
#21 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 4:04 AM Last edited by JessiL : 15th Jan 2016 at 6:58 PM.
1. 5 years
2. 5. Definitely.
3. I would have to say TS3. It doesn't have as much of the happy surprises of TS2, but it was the one I started with and I always think of it when I want to play. Everyone thinks I'm crazy when they say I play The Sims, so no, I would not recommend anything. I've spent the last 5 years unsuccessfully trying to get my sister to try it (she finally caved and has created sims in TS3 and TS4 now, but still refuses to play), so I don't think I'm the one to ask about recommendations. :\
4. TS3.
5. 4. I use a lot of mods and cheats. The only CC I really use is in TS2 and TS4.
6. TS1 to TS2. TS1 felt more like a strategy game where you were just fighting to keep their needs up, but TS2 sims had a heart and soul.
7. TS3. It could have been perfect if it had just had a little more time and effort put in to work out the numerous bugs. (I would have said the obvious TS4, but I feel it's problems aren't that they didn't have time, just that the premise was a bad idea. They should have stuck with the casual mobile game it was meant to be.)
8. TS3. There are some amazing things you can do with Nraas mods, and there are a ton of different CAS options that weren't in TS2 even with CC.
9. Absolutely. As long as the children, pre-teen, and teenager stages are defined, there are actually differences other than age lines between young adult and adult, and the little surprises from TS2 are back. I feel the last one is the most important. The children running to show their report card to their parents and a sim refusing your romantic interactions no matter what you do adds a level of realism that is lacking in the other games. It also shows that the creators actually cared about the game and the fans having fun instead of just making money.

EDIT: Oh, I would also like it if they update us on features in the game only AFTER they have them successfully implemented and completely bug free. There is absolutely no reason to repeat the marketing disaster that TS4 was. Either make sure no one is leaking features that might be cut later or don't give any details until the game is completed. Anything else is completely unprofessional, and downright unacceptable for a AAA title.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 4:19 AM

Hmmm....now you got me doing math. I'm 22 now. I've been playing since I was like 6 or 7 so.....15-16 years.

One cannot measure my obsession with numbers. You'd have to invent a completely new number to describe just how big of a fanatic I am for these games.

It's a toss-up between TS2 and TS3. If you had asked me this a year ago, I would have said TS2 in a heartbeat. But my disappointment in TS4 has made me see TS3 in a whole new light. It's a glitchy bug infested mess and there's no way you can get a decent experience out of it without mods....but it's my glitchy bug infested mess. A lot of it wreaks of EA's standard laziness and bad business practices, but at the same time, you can't help but appreciate how hard they tried to make this a step-up from its predecessor. They really did try. It's just a shame they built it on a shitty engine that couldn't handle it. The game would have been a masterpiece if you didn't need a super-computer to run it properly.

Would I recommend it to others? TS2? Hell yeah. Especially after EA gave away the complete collection for free. TS3? Unfortunately, no. Unless you have the time on your hands to get all of the necessary mods and CC needed to make it shine, I can't recommend it just because of how incredibly broken it is without all that stuff.

Lately I've been back and forth between TS3 and TS4. To say I'm disappointed with the way TS4 turned out is an understatement, that being said, it's still a lot of fun to play and it has the best CAS mode in the franchise.

5,000. I've used cheats since the very beginning. And I haven't played a completely vanilla game since I was in elementary school. The very moment I discovered Modthesims, I've become completely dependent on mods and custom content to play my game? Why? When it comes to the Sims, I am a complete and total control freak. I need to be in control of everything. Cheats and mods give me the exact level of control that I want.

The jump from TS1 to TS2, hands down. TS2 defines what the Sims is and how it's played to this day.

TS4's base game is so horribly empty, it would be funny if it weren't so sad (yes that was a Portal reference). It was so rushed and half-assed that you can't help but believe those rumors (though not really rumors because it was proven by an ex employee) about it starting out as an online game that had to be changed back to a standard sims game halfway through.

After I finally got TS3 to not run like shit on my computer, I was almost ready to completely wash my hands of TS4 and uninstall the game. Thankfully, I decided to give it one more chance with its most recent expansion. Get Together. SAVED. The Sims 4. But it's just a temporary fix. It's still got a long way to go.

All of them are equally CC friendly. But as far as mods are concerned, TS3 seemed to be the most flexible.

So basically what TS4 should have been? Hell yeah I'd buy that.

The Receptacle still lives!
Alchemist
#23 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 12:02 PM
1) I think it's around 8 years.
2) 5
3) TS3. I never really recommend TS series to anyone. Most people know what TS series is and I'm not sure if I can explain why I really love this game.
4) TS3. It used to be TS2.
5) 3. I only cheat as a way to justify the game (e.g. a sudden motive reset occurred so I set the motives again before it got reset). I use mods to balance, enhance, and add more varieties in the game, and I consider most of my mods are fair and not cheaty. I never use CCs.
6) This is a hard question. 1 to 2 and 2 to 3 are certainly qualified in their own way. But I should say 1 to 2 greatly improved and expanded possibilities in TS series! TS1 was pretty monotonous and every day felt like the same day (it used to felt awesome anyway before TS2 came), but TS2 added characters to the Sim itself. Sims actually had goals then, the game was in 3D, house building became much more complex with expanded possibilities... At that time, something like TS2 felt like impossible to me. But it was real! Transition from 2 to 3 was also awesome. It made things that were impossible in 2 possible in 3, i.e. open neighborhood. Sims were also given more characteristics and were more goal-driven. Every Sim then was more distinct and unique. Transition from 3 to 4 was a downgrade and I'd rather not talk about it.
7) TS4 is really bad and it definitely needs more effort to be good. TS3 could be given more improvement to enhance the game even more, but considering the memory bloat and consumption, I think it's never gonna happen.
8) TS2
9) That would be a perfect combination to me, but the price is a good hindrance... I'd say yes, but I'd need to save money.

Just call me Nikel
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 7:58 PM
1. I've been playing for about 5 years now.
2. 5
3. It'd have to be The Sims 3. I would definitely recommend it.
4. The Sims 3
5. 5 (CC IS LIFE)
6. 1 to 2
7. Sims 4
8. The Sims 2
9. Heck Yes!
Test Subject
#25 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 8:55 PM Last edited by pixflix : 15th Jan 2016 at 10:14 PM.
1. About how long would you say you have been playing The Sims? October, 2004
2. On a scale of 1 to 5, 1 being not much at all to 5 being of course that's me, would you consider yourself being a Sims fanatic? 4
3. (Warning this question is very common and probably somewhat difficult to answer) Which Sims section be it 1,2,3, medieval, or 4 is your favorite? Would you recommended it to others? Sims 2 is my favorite.I would recommend Sims 2 and Sims 3
4. Which Sims section do you play most often? TS3
5. On a scale of 1 to 5, again with 1 being low and 5 being yes, where would you rate yourself as a player who uses cheats a lot and has a lot of custom content in any of the games? 5.. Constantly and huge CC for all my Sims games
6. which transition of sims games do you think had the most improvement and why? (i.e 1 to 2, 2 to 3, or 3 to 4) ,Sims 1 to Sims 2! tt just was so rich even at the base game that there were hours upon hours of new things to discover
7. Which base game of the Sims 1, 2, 3, and 4 do you think could of used more time and improvement? 4
8. Which game do you feel is the most "custom friendly"? meaning it is more open to your own content Sims 2
9. Last question: If there was a sims 5 base game that had the ages of baby, toddler, child, pre-teen, teen, young adult, adult, and elder and was pretty much like the sims 3 in having the open neighborhood but the gameplay and options were more like 2 would you consider buying it and paying for it for $60? Well considering what I paid for The Sims 4 is that even a question? Yes
Page 1 of 2