Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Blender 2.7 TS3 Tools v3.02 updated 5-2-14

by cmomoney Posted 15th Feb 2011 at 8:32 PM - Updated 2nd May 2014 at 4:08 PM by cmomoney

213 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 154 Feedback Posts, 58 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 9 of 9
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#201 Old 20th Dec 2015 at 9:34 PM
thank you
Test Subject
#202 Old 20th Feb 2016 at 11:45 PM
Én aztán nem leszek seggnyaló a faszt a szátokba !!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#203 Old 5th May 2016 at 11:45 PM
Way coooool!!!! Thanks so much!!!!
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#204 Old 13th Jun 2016 at 1:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jen1731
Hi! First, and most importantly, thank you for all your valuable tools, and taking the time to give us detailed tutorials

I just want to point out a problem with Blender 2.73. When importing, I get:
IndexError: BMElemSeq[index]: outdated internal index table, run ensure_lookup_table() first
(for lines 1480 and 1478)

The problem looks like it's with 2.73 specifically (this thread discusses it: http://blenderartists.org/forum/sho...orting-add-ons).

I added ensure_lookup_table() and it seems to work now. I don't know python, so don't know if it has other repercussions or is needed other places as well.

Starting at line 1475:
else:
fdup.append(faces[i])
bm.verts.ensure_lookup_table()
if ds or ss:
v = bm.verts[faces[i][0]], bm.verts[faces[i][1]], bm.verts[faces[i][2]]
else:
v = bm.verts[cleanList[faces[i][0]][1]], bm.verts[cleanList[faces[i][1]][1]], bm.verts[cleanList[faces[i][2]][1]]
try: bm.faces.new(v)
except: pass

Thank you again for all your resources!

I know it's a reply that's old, but if you're facing this issue, please try this instead: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...618#post5036618
Instructor
#205 Old 22nd Jul 2016 at 7:39 AM
Has anyone gotten geostates to work with these tools? I can import an EA object with geostates and edit their meshes using the Geostate Editor, then export back into .s3m2bg without Blender showing any errors. However, when importing this back into S3PE, the import fails with "Object reference not set to an instance of an object". On inspection of the .s3m2bg files themselves, no geostates seem to have been written by Blender at all. Looking at the Python itself, the export code for geostates seems to have been commented out. What's going on?
Lab Assistant
#206 Old 6th Dec 2016 at 10:21 PM
Default s3mb2 export fails
I too had to edit the .py file to get the plugin to initially import s3mb3 files, according to jen1731's post. I currently use Blender 2.78.
Importing a s3mb2 file now works fine, but I can't get the file to export again
What I wanted to do is create a new children's toy by using the rigged teddy bear as a reference object. I made the mesh beforehand and exported it to .obj format. Then I created a new project in Blender and imported the teddy bear s3mb2 file with the importer. Then I imported the .obj mesh. I swapped the bear mesh for my edited mesh using the swap function provided with the mlod/modl tools, then edited the rig. My mesh has a different body structure than the bear, so I rearranged them to fit the new mesh. The bones also had no parents when initially loading the project, so I set up a parent/child status where it made sense to make the bones move with each other. I then recalculated the vertex weights (bone assignments) on the mesh according to the new rig.
Whenever I try to export by overwriting the original s3m2b file, according to FozzerBear' post, I get an error message. Exporting without overwriting does not work, either.
I also get this error message whenever I try to export the freshly imported teddy bear s3mb2 file without having made any changes to it, so I doubt it has something to do with my changes to the mesh and rig.
I put the error message in the attachment.
I apprecicate any thoughts or suggestions
Screenshots
Instructor
#207 Old 23rd Dec 2016 at 11:40 PM
@Simlicious

I recently had a similar export error when I left some vertices unmapped by accident (on version 2.70). Perhaps the s3mb2 export or the Blender import messed up some of the UV assignments? Might be worth checking the UV/Image Editor before exporting from Blender.

Own Grandma's Canning Station? Check out the Canning Station Overhaul.
Like doing laundry? Check out the Infinite Laundry Buffs Fix.
Test Subject
#208 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 6:26 PM
Hi! Question is this the blender They are using? I am really confused and I want to make a few poses for my new sims 3 Series! You see. I have the Sims 3 Version 1.69. So I really REALLY Don't know what to do, And here's the link ( I am not actually gonna make an intro I was gonna use it to make poses. This is just a reference link ) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE84PMtHoAY
Field Researcher
#209 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 5:06 PM
I'm also having trouble getting the the other tools to install. Only MLOD/MODL tools is showing up. I downloaded the 2.70 version of Bender.
Lab Assistant
#210 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 5:31 AM
I am getting this error when I try to install the tools. can anyone help?
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#211 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 12:09 PM
Soo... everything else works except the geostate editor, which does not export properly. I extensively tested this with every single blender version it says it supports and, geostate editor does not even shows up or import geostates till version 2.67 of blender, but even if it works from then on, it never exports any geostate.
It's been 4 years since this plugin stopped recieving updates so I don't expect anything to change. It's a nice plugin, but for almost half object types in the game, it's... useless as it breaks the MLODs. Still it's super useful for the other types of objects :D
Forum Resident
#212 Old 28th Aug 2019 at 7:45 PM
Your tools are great! Thanks!!!
I'm just getting into serious meshing. I've been making things for myself for a while, and now want to make clothes that are upload worthy. The problem I'm having is that on exporting an altered geom and using "fix seams", I get dark triangular patches, especially where the mesh was altered. These dark areas do show in game testing. I've tried edge splitting, edge sharp, mark seams and a few other things, but nothing is working. Do you know a cure? Naturally, I have to use fix seams or every mesh seam shows.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#213 Old 28th Aug 2019 at 7:53 PM
Oh yea... I've tried using Blender 2.67b, 2.70, 2.73, 2.79 and 2.80.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#214 Old 13th Jan 2021 at 11:13 AM
For anyone having issues with exporting (or just parts of the plugin working and the rest doesn't...) try '2.65a' (NOT 2.65): https://download.blender.org/release/Blender2.65/

However, the following features would have to be done in milkshape:

- Editing bones for MODL (furniture meshes)
- Geostates
- Make sure the Groups are always the same (the group for the shadow will always need to be the shadow group and the mesh group will always need to be the actual mesh)
- Shaders like Glass shaders don't seem to be imported (and eventually exported) so it will loose it's glass shader data. This can easily be fixed in TSRW: https://greenplumbboblover.tumblr.c...nted-to-ask-you

For GEOMs/CASparts, I'd recommend using this plugin with blender 2.81: https://modthesims.info/d/627962/bl...14-12-2019.html
Page 9 of 9