Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Overlip Curve Slider (Fixed 13/04)

by Nysha Posted 7th Apr 2012 at 7:09 PM - Updated 13th Apr 2012 at 9:13 PM by whiterider

70 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 15 Feedback Posts, 54 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#26 Old 9th Apr 2012 at 11:06 PM
Awesome! I've been hoping to see something like this. Thank you so much for sharing it.

Too bad to hear about the neck slider.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#27 Old 10th Apr 2012 at 12:04 AM
Someone needs to give this guy a medal.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#28 Old 10th Apr 2012 at 12:40 PM
Thanks Whiterider, my celeb sims will have lovely profiles now.

BTW, there is a philtrum slider. None of my sliders broke with Pets, although maybe that is why I am getting a distorted neck.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#29 Old 10th Apr 2012 at 1:35 PM Last edited by whiterider : 11th Apr 2012 at 2:12 PM.
Facial sliders are mostly fine with Pets, as they are GEOM-based; a few bone-based, usually body, sliders are broken. It's only a very small number, though.

Where's this other philtrum slider, if you remember? I'll put it in the related downloads box.

Also, fun fact... the first model (woman with mousey hair) is an English teacher. I guess I got that vibe down with her .

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 11th Apr 2012 at 4:15 AM
Thank you for this, whiterider!! I cannot seem to have enough sliders.

I think this is the other lip slider that Audrey is referring to - correct me if I'm wrong.

http://awtmk.blogspot.com/2011/07/g...ower-width.html

I have another question: I use Twallans Master Controller to enable more slots for sliders. I dont' know if I have it configured correctly. Is there still a limit to how many sliders you can have because the one I just mentioned above doesn't seem to work for me. And I'm afraid if I try to add this one in I will get the same result.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#31 Old 11th Apr 2012 at 2:16 PM
There is an upper limit with MC - it's something ridiculous like 100 sliders. You may have to turn on extra sliders in MC's settings menu in-game, though.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#32 Old 12th Apr 2012 at 12:50 AM
Really Cool Thak U
Instructor
#33 Old 13th Apr 2012 at 3:08 AM Last edited by Ambular : 9th Sep 2013 at 7:30 PM.
This is an awesome slider and works great, but I ran into a problem: the Adult Male version appears to cause some sort of problem with the entire face mesh and creates a very noticeable seam at the neck. :/

(Issue fixed, images removed)

I checked all the other ages and the female ones, and it appears to be just the Adult Male that's affected. Did you maybe accidentally hit 'align normals' while you were working on the mesh?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#34 Old 13th Apr 2012 at 12:12 PM
There is no mesh by the time it's all packaged up as a slider - it's just a morph, which has no normal data at all. I can't re-test this right now as I'm travelling currently, but I believe my male model is an adult (he may be a YA though, not totally sure), and there's no seam on him.

I'll be very very surprised if the slider is the cause of that seam, since as far as I know there's no way it could be, but I'll check it out once I'm back home with my simming computer.

Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#35 Old 13th Apr 2012 at 9:14 PM
It wasn't normals - I must have plugged in the ya morph in by accident, and the ya male neck is slightly skinnier than the adult one; so the slider was shrinking the neck just enough to make it not match with the body, and causing the seam. Fixed version is up now.

Instructor
#36 Old 13th Apr 2012 at 11:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
It wasn't normals - I must have plugged in the ya morph in by accident, and the ya male neck is slightly skinnier than the adult one; so the slider was shrinking the neck just enough to make it not match with the body, and causing the seam. Fixed version is up now. :)

Thanks so much (for the information as well as the fix!) :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#37 Old 14th Apr 2012 at 2:25 AM
This is just what I need...but I need it for Sims 2. :\ Does anyone know if there is a Sims 2 alternative to this?
Scholar
THANKS POST
#38 Old 15th Apr 2012 at 12:04 AM
Thank you, I always have a hard time of adjusting between the nose and lips. Definitely useful
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#39 Old 21st Apr 2012 at 8:12 PM
Thank you for this, will be very handy!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#40 Old 19th Jun 2012 at 3:00 PM
What a difference this slider makes. Thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#41 Old 21st Jun 2012 at 11:51 PM
Oh my... I've been looking for something like this since June of '09. You gave no idea how grateful I am.
Test Subject
#42 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 6:30 AM
Thanks whiterider for the slider and the fix. I was also looking for your neck thickening slider, but its not posted anywhere anymore. Do you have it available to post again, would love to have it if so.

Thanks!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#43 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 10:05 AM
The neck thickness slider was broken by the Pets patch, and I haven't found a way of fixing it, which is why it's no longer available.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#44 Old 9th Dec 2012 at 7:37 PM
thanks! i think this will work!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#45 Old 18th Mar 2013 at 9:17 PM
To this day, I haven't downloaded a single slider, but this one, of all sliders, is tempting me.

The way the lips lay on the face is, seriously, about the only thing that bugs me about the default options in CAS.
Top Secret Researcher
#46 Old 26th May 2013 at 8:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thewatcheruatu
To this day, I haven't downloaded a single slider, but this one, of all sliders,...
Me too! I once had a severe RL crush on someone with a very non-EA upper lip and I could gaze for hours. This slider is what is needed for a Sim, esp. a Sim teenager, to achieve true beauty in my eyes. It is subtle but it is so just-right. Bless you, honored creator.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#47 Old 29th May 2013 at 11:22 PM
Thanks so much for this! Maybe this will save me some time in CAS.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#48 Old 9th Apr 2014 at 8:39 PM
Downloaded, thanks!
Inventor
THANKS POST
#49 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 4:37 AM
Perfect! I've always wanted this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#50 Old 19th May 2014 at 11:21 AM
Thanks, this is very useful!