Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#5051 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 9:24 PM
This probably varies in everyone's games, but in my experience if you pick the aspiration reward that increases your chance of bringing someone home from work/school it's pretty much always the same person. Which is less than helpful if you're trying to broaden the household's pool of friends for promotion requirements. I'm tempted to go find a mod that randomizes the guest pool, or something.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#5052 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 9:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cosmaline
This probably varies in everyone's games, but in my experience if you pick the aspiration reward that increases your chance of bringing someone home from work/school it's pretty much always the same person. Which is less than helpful if you're trying to broaden the household's pool of friends for promotion requirements. I'm tempted to go find a mod that randomizes the guest pool, or something.

I think there's actually a known issue were the randomizer gets stuck, so that might be what you're seeing. Also could be an issue of there not actually being many possible guests in that particular career track/school, especially if some of your children/teens are in private school while others are in public. You don't happen to have nofraternization installed, do you? Because that could absolutely cause what you're describing for the work side of things.
Test Subject
#5053 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 10:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
I think there's actually a known issue were the randomizer gets stuck, so that might be what you're seeing. Also could be an issue of there not actually being many possible guests in that particular career track/school, especially if some of your children/teens are in private school while others are in public. You don't happen to have nofraternization installed, do you? Because that could absolutely cause what you're describing for the work side of things.

I don't have that mod, but I have noticed that the issue is much worse in a few specific jobs. My Journalism sim brings the same woman home from work on a daily basis, while the children in the same household have a bit more variety in their guests. Is there anything I can do to fix the randomization?
Mad Poster
#5054 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 11:17 PM
According to Mootilda, the RNG wasn't properly seeded. This is mostly seen in the firstborn syndrome, and the solution for that is to roll the pacifier. In my experience, doing that can also sometimes unstick the RNG for other things as well - such as the personality of pets spawned by the game.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Top Secret Researcher
#5055 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 11:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
There is. SimWardrobe has/had a mod to stop the Model train from catching on fire. (Check out ihate's signature a few posts up.)

One of the few times I lost a child to the social worker was when the damn nanny died by fire caused by the train. The nanny neglected the toddler I hired her to take care of to continually play with the train. The train caught fire, and since I had the train outside but didn't have a smoke detector outside there was no one to call the fire department. The toddler couldn't, and the nanny died of fire in the bathroom. The social worker came for the toddler since both parents were at work and the nanny was dead.

I found the mod to stop the train catching fire after, and also found a mod to stop the social worker.

I've got the mod to stop the social worker but haven't bothered with the one to stop the train catching fire. I want to increase the chances of accidental death (since my real sickness mod won't do it).
Mad Poster
#5056 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 11:23 PM
My Journalism sim brings the same woman home from work on a daily basis

How many sims are in the Journalism career in that hood?
Test Subject
#5057 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 12:36 AM
Rosawyn, there are 26 sims in the Journalism career in this hood according to my notes. Definitely enough that I should be seeing a few other guests every so often.

I'll try rolling the pacifier the next time I play and see if it helps. It's crazy how many problems you can solve with that technique.
Mad Poster
#5058 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 12:44 AM
26 sims in Journalism. That's a big hood (or at least, quite a lot bigger than any of mine!).
Test Subject
#5059 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 1:04 AM
I like to have specific narratives in each of my hoods, which tends to lead to a lot of job types being either over or under populated depending on what I'm going for. In this hood, I have 26 sims in journalism, 12 in criminal, 11 in law enforcement, and maybe 2 or 3 in all the other job tracks. If I were seeing the same culinary coworker come home every day I wouldn't be shocked at all.
Mad Poster
#5060 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 1:56 AM
Still, I currently have 2 or 3 sims in any given career track. Actually... *checks spreadsheet* I've got exactly 1 in Law Enforcement, 1 in Athletic, and one in Architecture, and 3 is the most of I've in any (those being Business, Culinary, and Slacker). Some career tracks still don't have anyone at all. So I'm gonna go with your hood is still significantly bigger than mine is.
just a girl
#5061 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 10:45 AM
My Journalism sim brings the same woman home from work on a daily basis, while the children in the same household have a bit more variety in their guests.

Maybe that sim got a hobby friend disease? The symptoms seem to fit.
Mad Poster
#5062 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 11:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
There is. SimWardrobe has/had a mod to stop the Model train from catching on fire. (Check out ihate's signature a few posts up.)

One of the few times I lost a child to the social worker was when the damn nanny died by fire caused by the train. The nanny neglected the toddler I hired her to take care of to continually play with the train. The train caught fire, and since I had the train outside but didn't have a smoke detector outside there was no one to call the fire department. The toddler couldn't, and the nanny died of fire in the bathroom. The social worker came for the toddler since both parents were at work and the nanny was dead.

I found the mod to stop the train catching fire after, and also found a mod to stop the social worker.

Nuking the social worker was one of the best mods I ever got! I looked at it for a long time before putting it in, because it just seemed too cheaty. But, I've been able to craft so many great story lines because of it.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Forum Resident
#5063 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 1:15 PM
If you press shift while placing foundations, you can place two foundations on top of each other!! Wow!!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5064 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 1:59 PM

Try 'Bring Hobby Friend From Work Fix':
http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=16.0
Mad Poster
#5065 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 2:29 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 10th Feb 2018 at 2:56 PM.
Water balloon fight doesn't fulfill fun Hope that was just a glitch.

Huh, what this is all about?

Apparently, you can have up to 4 members per household. I thought you could have up 8 sims and 8 pets together as maximum. It increases up to 10 when you have 8 sims (adding two more pets to the max count).

I also discover that a sim can talk, while eating, with those who are participating in 'hang out'.
Mad Poster
#5066 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 3:08 PM
The total of human sims is 8. I think you are supposed to max out at 10 combined, but I have a mod that lets me have as many as I want.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#5067 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 4:20 PM
Yea, vanilla game does NOT count pets the way it counts Sims, so seems wrong that it didn't let you add a family member

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#5068 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 4:32 PM
The sim you are controlling seems pregnant? With how many babies...
From the wikia :
The number of puppies or kittens is dependent on the number of Sims and pets currently in the house. Players can play with up to eight Sims or six pets at one time, although one can only have a total of six Sims and/or pets in a household altogether

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Alchemist
#5069 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 7:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by didyouevenmakeasound
If you press shift while placing foundations, you can place two foundations on top of each other!! Wow!!
deck can be constructed above foundation/deck with the Shift key; but I do not recall it applying to foundation.
Field Researcher
#5070 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 11:30 PM
Toddlers can crawl outside and sleep in dog houses. In the middle of Winter. Whoops.
Scholar
#5071 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 11:51 PM
woohoo is fun for sims;realistic i guess.

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#5072 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 11:55 PM
It also causes them to warm up. Someone on MTS had a Sim collapse and die of heatstroke after woohooing.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#5073 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 11:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
The sim you are controlling seems pregnant? With how many babies...
From the wikia :
The number of puppies or kittens is dependent on the number of Sims and pets currently in the house. Players can play with up to eight Sims or six pets at one time, although one can only have a total of six Sims and/or pets in a household altogether

Ah, yes indeed she should be. Does that mean she's expecting twins?
Mad Poster
#5074 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 12:03 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!
Either one of your sims is pregnant, or one of your pets...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#5075 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 12:07 AM
Door A. Non-plant woman.
Page 203 of 445