Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#7226 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 6:12 AM
That's really weird. I've had them work for hours on that thing and never had that thing pop up. I had a sim turn a seed into an enchilada once though.
Advertisement
Scholar
#7227 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 10:53 AM Last edited by CatMuto : 15th Dec 2017 at 1:01 PM.
Nraas SP question... I want the basegame school to be the elementary school for kids; I went into Lot Options -> Cast: Disallow and locked Teenagers out. I went into Caste: Require, but I saw no 'Children' option, so I just clicked the basic ones (male/female/homeless/young adult), so as to not lock any adults out from an opportunity there or from not being allowed to take skill classes. (The other school I have in, the IP one, I put Teenagers into Caste: Require) I put a family into town with one child and used MC to Choose School. It lists 2 elementary schools... did I do something wrong? I don't have a teen in town right now because I'm still populating.

And the Showtime careers of Acrobat, Magician and Singer... do they have a 'schedule', too, like Ambition-profession NPC Sims? Will they have a schedule to follow or could they appear on any lot, any time of the day/night because of free time?
Site Helper
#7228 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 2:12 PM
OK, I'm not allowed to cancel a wish once it's promised. But I accidentally promised a wish to play the piano at a party. It looked easy enough: he was just invited to a party. Playing the piano at that party didn't fill the wish. Granted; the party started with him helping himself to a quick meal from her fridge and using her laptop while he waited for the hostess to actually arrive at the house, and when she got home she went straight to bed, so it wasn't really much of a party. (It might have been more of a party if he had joined her, but he didn't.)
Then he threw a party of his own. Playing the piano for his two guests didn't fill the wish, either.

What do I need to do to fill that wish?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Top Secret Researcher
#7229 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 2:29 PM
Quote:
CatMuto]Nraas SP question... I want the basegame school to be the elementary school for kids; I went into Lot Options -> Cast: Disallow and locked Teenagers out. I went into Caste: Require, but I saw no 'Children' option, so I just clicked the basic ones (male/female/homeless/young adult), so as to not lock any adults out from an opportunity there or from not being allowed to take skill classes. (The other school I have in, the IP one, I put Teenagers into Caste: Require) I put a family into town with one child and used MC to Choose School. It lists 2 elementary schools... did I do something wrong? I don't have a teen in town right now because I'm still populating.

Hi CatMuto - There are more settings and or mod modules that will factor in to assign schools depending upon how you want them in your game. See I would like to have different sims attend separate schools in my town and Add more Schools - Add more school types - Assigning Schools on the Education and Schools Page at NRaas

I play with an Elementary School, High School and have some sims going to venues to learn a trade which is their official school.

If you need more help with SP and school assignments members at NRaas play all different ways and you mignt find a better answer than what I have provided.
Scholar
#7230 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 8:49 PM
Is there any way to stop the generation of performers and paparazzi in a unpopulated world? It doesn't make any sense for them to be there in my first gen of Nothing is Free.
Instructor
#7231 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 3:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
OK, I'm not allowed to cancel a wish once it's promised. But I accidentally promised a wish to play the piano at a party. It looked easy enough: he was just invited to a party. Playing the piano at that party didn't fill the wish. Granted; the party started with him helping himself to a quick meal from her fridge and using her laptop while he waited for the hostess to actually arrive at the house, and when she got home she went straight to bed, so it wasn't really much of a party. (It might have been more of a party if he had joined her, but he didn't.)
Then he threw a party of his own. Playing the piano for his two guests didn't fill the wish, either.

What do I need to do to fill that wish?

I fulfilled this wish not long ago, and if I recall, my sim did the "Perform song" or something like that, so maybe it depends what type of music playing action you choose, jamming might not do. My other tip is, if you have been "Performed" without fulfilling, that maybe at least one sim has to stop and "Watch" or "Dance" by the piano because this qualifies as an audience?
Site Helper
#7232 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 5:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Floraflora2
I fulfilled this wish not long ago, and if I recall, my sim did the "Perform song" or something like that, so maybe it depends what type of music playing action you choose, jamming might not do. My other tip is, if you have been "Performed" without fulfilling, that maybe at least one sim has to stop and "Watch" or "Dance" by the piano because this qualifies as an audience?

OK....
So I'll throw a party with one guest and no entertainment of any kind other than the piano. Food, etc. will come out after the guest has watched him perform.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Instructor
#7233 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 3:49 PM
Did EA really leave the children out of using the electronic gate from LN, or is something broken in my game? Because when I click on it with a child sim, there's no option to ring, just the greyed out Visit/Visit with... Now the kids can't even visit their grandparents unless they linger in front long enough for someone from the house to come out and then ask them to go in.
Top Secret Researcher
#7234 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 3:57 PM
Quote:
OK, I'm not allowed to cancel a wish once it's promised. But I accidentally promised a wish to play the piano at a party.

Hello @Ghost sdoj - Hope I'm not missing the point here but I often cancel wishes by putting the mouse on the wish while holding down the Ctrl key and right click on the mouse.
Top Secret Researcher
#7235 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 4:17 PM Last edited by barbarat : 19th Dec 2017 at 4:27 PM. Reason: Added Town Management Link
Quote: Originally posted by tunafishfish
Is there any way to stop the generation of performers and paparazzi in a unpopulated world? It doesn't make any sense for them to be there in my first gen of Nothing is Free.

You can remove and stop paparazzi/Special Merchant/Uni Mascott from spawning using Register
From City Hall or a computer>NRaas>Register>Global Roles

Also in Register Service you can change the settings for Acrobats, Magicians etc. I have those set at 0 but often see one or two that the game itself pushes in.

There are also settings in StoryProgression to disallow some career types:
From City Hall or a computer>NRaas>Story Progression>General Options>Town Options>Career: Disallow
If you are using Castes you can disallow certain careers as well.
In some games I also set the Career:AllowFind Job to False in Town Options as well as within their castes

My experience has been the game will always generate some service sims in the service pool. That can be annoying but those sims do not use resources and hibernate if they are not needed. Role Sims will automatically generate sims to work the cash registers etc. I usually assign sims to those roles as needed.

Disabling Immigration also cuts down on sims spawning.

You might need to play for awhile or restart your game for the settings to work.

Take a look at the Town Management FAQ for more tips manageing the town population.
Alchemist
#7236 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 7:47 PM
This is more of a curiosity, and I'm not going to be upset if it isn't possible, but is it possible to see which sims are wearing a certain CASpart? Sometimes I remove skins, hairstyles or clothes and find sims who were wearing them have turned black or reverted to the basegame hair that the CC hair was cloned from. I don't know what happens to clothes, but sims might turn invisible.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Scholar
#7237 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 7:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
This is more of a curiosity, and I'm not going to be upset if it isn't possible, but is it possible to see which sims are wearing a certain CASpart? Sometimes I remove skins, hairstyles or clothes and find sims who were wearing them have turned black or reverted to the black skin. I don't know what happens to clothes, but sims might turn invisible.

If the Sim was wearing a clothing piece that you have since removed from the game, I know that it simply substitutes them with some basegame clothing piece. So, unlike Sims 4, you won't have someone suddenly strutting around with nothing but underwear on their bottom.
Site Helper
#7238 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 10:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
Hello @Ghost sdoj - Hope I'm not missing the point here but I often cancel wishes by putting the mouse on the wish while holding down the Ctrl key and right click on the mouse.

I (rarely) do that myself, but in this case the rules say that if I promise it I have to fulfill that promise. I can't cancel it. I also have to keep him with the "fulfilled" moodlet at all times. (Which is an interesting challenge even for someone who hates canceling wishes. )

Top Secret Researcher
#7239 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 11:09 PM
Can you cancel them if they're completely impossible? (Target is dead, for example.)
Scholar
#7240 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 3:03 AM Last edited by pretenshus : 20th Dec 2017 at 4:03 AM.
What causes stairs to have partial walls? I have a second level staircase with it but cant replicate it on the first floor.
*Wall/room trick isnt working
does this work on platforms?
------------------------------------------
no. solved
#7241 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 8:11 AM
Why is it that, despite a romantic moment being consistently romantic, options in the romance tab come and go wildly? Like one second the "give great massage" option will be there, but if I don't use it, it vanishes. I've been trying to get my sims to propose for a while now and the option rarely shows up! That's the same for BOTH of them.
Test Subject
#7242 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 9:56 AM
AFAIK they show up during irresistible, because just either flirty and amorous is not enough. sometimes on irresistible they stop talking a bit and if they interact again it'd change back to just flirty. otherwise, idk why that would be either.
Scholar
#7243 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 1:09 PM
You gotta keep doing romantic interactions (though not the same one over and over, unless the Sim doing them has Never Dull). It can take a while to go from Flirty to Amorous to Extremely Irresistible; depends on traits, too.
Inventor
#7244 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 2:53 PM
Is it normal that to put my toddler into a highchair I have to be holding them first? Why cant I just click on the highchair and choose to put one of my toddlers in?
Site Helper
#7245 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 7:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG
Can you cancel them if they're completely impossible? (Target is dead, for example.)

No, the wish needs to stay in the slot until it is filled. If it can't be filled then the slot is wasted. (Meaning that you need to be careful about what wishes you promise...)

#7246 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 9:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Himiko Hayley
AFAIK they show up during irresistible, because just either flirty and amorous is not enough. sometimes on irresistible they stop talking a bit and if they interact again it'd change back to just flirty. otherwise, idk why that would be either.

Yeah, I do it then and the option doesn't show up.

Does the fact that one sim is Flirty and the other is Unflirty matter?
Scholar
#7247 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 11:16 PM
It might be. Unflirty require some extra, extra, extra persuasion to go on.
#7248 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 11:34 PM
I try to just do the stuff that doesn't have the Flirty icon next to it, and that limits his options even further.
Site Helper
#7249 Old 21st Dec 2017 at 12:55 AM
I don't know if you can try this, but since you mentioned that it's with both sims you might be able to have the unflirty sim be the one to initiate all the romantic interactions, and queue them up so that there are always at least 2 of them in the queue. (You also need both sims to be best friends with each other if one is Unflirty, but I assume you've already managed that.) When they have completed one interaction and started the next one, queue up another one, and if the romance level has gotten to a point where a higher level set of interactions have appeared then you should go with those and not use the lower-ranked ones anymore. As soon as you see Propose, go for it!
This might not work either, but it should help reduce the problem of the unflirty sim getting uncomfortable and not wanting to continue.

Forum Resident
#7250 Old 30th Dec 2017 at 6:31 PM
Would it be safe to use this on DCBackup folder? Or would it affect ccmerged.package? Just is a pain to clear out that folder every time.

I ramble a lot, and get confused easily, so my apologies to you in advance.
Page 290 of 385