Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#126 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 9:02 PM
When I try to quote someone, it says this thread is invalid, odd.

Anyhow, @ jondough08x

No you can't use Sims 2 mods in The Sims 3.
Advertisement
Scholar
#127 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 11:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maven2379
My sim has had his for sim weeks actually it's been a couple of real life weeks too. I don't think they die, you can still move and go to the old house to harvest the tree.

Well, he's evil so he will cut them before he leaves. *evil laughter*
All trees dropped seeds, so he can plant new ones.
Lab Assistant
#128 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 3:39 PM
Does saving take a while for anyone?

Does quitting the game take a while to quit for anyone else? Whenever I play for a few hours and select "save and quit" or just "quit" It takes a while to actually quit the game.

I'm not talking about the current household. I mean from exiting the game and going to the desktop.
Test Subject
#129 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 4:36 PM Last edited by Caitrinoah : 6th Jul 2009 at 4:37 PM. Reason: wrong spelling
It takes a while for my pc, too. I guess that's normal maybe? 20-30 seconds needs my computer to shut down TS3, maybe a little more or less

I have some stupid questions, too. Where do I find those stacks/boxes where you can put butterflies and bugs into? I also look for the sprinkler and a well (fountain). Didn't find any of those objects, but maybe I am just a little bit blind
Scholar
#130 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 5:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Caitrinoah
I have some stupid questions, too. Where do I find those stacks/boxes where you can put butterflies and bugs into? I also look for the sprinkler and a well (fountain). Didn't find any of those objects, but maybe I am just a little bit blind

- just grab a butterfly or bug from the inventory and place it somewhere
- the sprinkler is in buy/outdoor/outdoor activities (the football) - I'm sure you can find it somewhere else, too
Test Subject
#131 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 6:45 PM
Thanks a lot arathea! I am going to look after it right now
Lab Assistant
#132 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 9:06 PM
Are there supposed to be copies for every family you make?

Ex: I made a family, everyone from this family has now died. Every generation.

I went to the neighborhood bin, saw a copy of the family, of when I made them in CAS.

Sorry if this doesn't make sense. I'm not sure how to explain 100% clearly...
Scholar
#133 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 10:02 PM
Yes, there is a copy of all your familys from CAS in the sim bin, so you can start new games with the same family.
You can place several copies of the same family in the neighborhood, too - if you don't mind the confusion!
Test Subject
#134 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 10:48 PM
Hmm this must be the _stupidest_ question ever, but: What things does the lucky trait exactly help in?
Lab Assistant
#135 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 7:46 AM
@ Klepto question: For what I have found, Kleptos can only steal when no one else is around (In the same room for houses, I've had one steal a trash bin form the streets, kid you not....), and have a 3-4 item limit on stealing. Also it has to be evening/night before they can seemingly steal.

@ Seeds. Some you find, some you buy. buying them is pretty much buying a head of lettuce or a tomato then with it in the gardener's inventory right lick and click plant and they will go plant it, same with stuff you harvest. So essentially you buy the veg/fruit and plant it, not a seed.

How often can I raid criminals? It's been like 2-3 game weeks or more and I still cannot do it again, my guy just goes to the door then stops...

Anyone know why Sims in houses that my Sim visits won't really...do anything? They just kind of stand around unless my Sim talks to them or if a need gets really bad, otherwise they really do nothing at all. Free will on high.
Test Subject
#136 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 1:43 PM
Okay ... so stupid question. For the Heartbreaker Lifetime Wish; does my sim need to go steady with a sim then break it off, and then go steady again with a total of 10 unique sims? Or is there a way to have my sim be the romantic entanglement of all 10 sims at once? The reason I ask is that my on sim is interested (has a little red heart below their picture) in 9 sims and going steady with one, but has no option for going steady with any of the other 9. 'Kay I hope you all understand that. Thank you for your time.
Test Subject
#137 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 12:05 AM
I think you can only go steady with one Sim at a time, but I'm not positive about that. I think that's why it's called 'heartbreaker' - you have to break their hearts. It would probably be easier to just go one at a time, anyway. Especially if your charisma is high; you can make friends instantly for your next target, as it were.

"I will not succumb to temptation, unless she's cute."
Lab Assistant
#138 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 3:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by arathea
What's the lifespan of the money tree? My Sim has three trees and I'm waiting for them to die before I'm buying him a new house. He's harvesting the trees for more than six weeks now, the lifefruits and flamefruits he planted the same time are long gone.

I just tried on my system at home, remotely, and I can't move a tree into my family inventory when I move. I don't know if when you move if the tree gets placed in there or not. However, what I would suggest is just go hunt for seeds and try planting again. I don't think any tree expires like a plant does as I've got several money trees and several lime trees and they both are growing after a month of sim time.
Scholar
#139 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 9:32 AM
Trees can die. I had dead apple and lime trees, but the money trees refused to die. However, the money trees dropped seeds, so there was no need for random seed hunting.
Test Subject
#140 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 10:52 AM
Default I am an idiot.
My dumb question is: How do I download cc for ts3 from this website? I have been trying forever and nothing is showing up.

Stupid question #2: How can I make the game run faster? I think the patch to fix the speed up buttons actually broke them further on my computer. *tears hair out*
Lab Assistant
#141 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 4:26 PM
Maybe I have lost my mind, but I read someone talking about influencing their klepto sim to steal something. I cannot find this option in the game anywhere. My sim has the want to steal something, but I cannot get her too. I had her alone somewhere at night and she wasn't doing anything else, yet she refused to steal.
Test Subject
#142 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 4:40 PM
I believe you make them steal by clicking the ground, then "swipe something" while at someone's house, at least thats how I do it.
Mad Poster
#143 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 5:04 PM
My Stupid question: I'm trying to get Pauline Wan and a CAS Sim to be married, their bars are both full, yet every time I click 'First Kiss' One of them refuses. Their moods are both in the green, and I changed Pauline's 'Commitment Issues' trait. WHY WON'T THEY KISS!?!?
Field Researcher
#144 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 5:39 PM
sumpsychochic - like caseymendi said, just click the ground and choose swipe something, they can only swipe at night and when no one is around, and can only swipe 3 things per day.

RiBlan - I think some sims were just not meant to be together. I have one sim that I kept trying to get romantically involved with another and it was just not happening. I gave up and had him meet someone else the new sim was much more accepting of his romantic advances.

Also did you make Pauline break up with that guy she was living with? Maybe that's the problem.
Inventor
#145 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 5:43 PM
Yep, Pauline is involved with Hank Goddard in the game and living with him. They marry pretty quickly after you start the game and have a baby right after. This has happened in every game I've played.
Mad Poster
#146 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 5:57 PM
No, I broke them up pretty quickly. :p
Inventor
#147 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 5:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RiBlan
No, I broke them up pretty quickly. :p
Maybe so, but the game has them set up to be a couple automatically, so that could be why you are having such a problem with getting Pauline to commit to your sim, instead.
Lab Assistant
#148 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 7:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by caseymendi
I believe you make them steal by clicking the ground, then "swipe something" while at someone's house, at least thats how I do it.

Thanks. I'll try that next time it's night in the game and she can leave. It's nighttime now, but she has a baby and can't very well go out stealing.
Test Subject
#149 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 8:40 PM
I know this is probably a stupid question (Hence why I put it here), and I don't know if this is covered somewhere else, although I think I know the answer to it. Is it possible to use things like hair and skin package files from the sims 2 in the Sims 3?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#150 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 8:42 PM
Belfire101010 - Nope.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Page 6 of 385