Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jan 2012 at 8:34 PM
Default Castaway-bunch of questions
HELLO!I have a couple of questions regarding Sims Castaway stories. :D

1.Does boolProp testingcheatsenabled true works for the Castaway series (If so, doe the tombstone of L&D work?)

2.Do pose boxes for Sims 2 work for Castaway stories too?

3. Do simpackeges for Sims 2 work for Castaway stories too?

Hi!My name isn't April.I just like the month April.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 4:20 PM
I don't think any would work. I have Pet Stories, and I really can't use anything. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I dont think that the Sims 2 Stories even HAVE a download folder for you to attempt to put CC in. I know you can pull stuff out, though.

"The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive."
-Robert Heinlein
Site Helper
#3 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 4:42 PM
With Life Stories and Pet Stories, many downloads would work, dependent upon the corresponding TS2 EPs. However, Castaway Stories was more of a rewrite than the other two Stories, so I'm not sure about downloads.

If you have CS, your best bet may be to backup your save game and then try things to see whether they work.

Or, are you trying to decide whether to buy CS based on the answers to these questions?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 4:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 123blissb
I don't think any would work. I have Pet Stories, and I really can't use anything. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I dont think that the Sims 2 Stories even HAVE a download folder for you to attempt to put CC in. I know you can pull stuff out, though.

Some mods work with Pet Stories, some mods don't. They have to be compatible with the Pets EP since Pet Stories seems to be a modified version of the Pets EP. Motherlode and Kaching are the only cheats that work with Pet Stories, but moveobjects doesn't work.

I'm not sure if those cheats would work with Castaway Stories, since they don't work with Pet Stories.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 10:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
With Life Stories and Pet Stories, many downloads would work, dependent upon the corresponding TS2 EPs. However, Castaway Stories was more of a rewrite than the other two Stories, so I'm not sure about downloads.

If you have CS, your best bet may be to backup your save game and then try things to see whether they work.

Or, are you trying to decide whether to buy CS based on the answers to these questions?

no, i have CS just not installed on my Pc, I thought i should find the answers first before installing it to my computer.I guess I'll have to try it myself

thank you :D

Hi!My name isn't April.I just like the month April.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 2:03 PM
It was a long time ago but I clearly remember having custom content clothes in my Castaway Stories. I just think you need to pick stuff with custom meshes, nothing that relies on Sims 2 or its expansion packs. As for cheats I don't think that "boolProp testingcheatsenabled true" will work... If I recall correctly "kaching" and "motherlode" worked and also "aging on/off", but only in a freeplay mode, when you're playing the story mode I think you can't use any cheats. And about pose boxes I don't have a clue.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 3:21 PM
is it possible that Castaway is connected to BV in some sort?
Site Helper
#8 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 8:43 PM
No. The beaches in Castaway are very realistic, unlike BV. The portals are completely different than TS2. The neighborhoods are four times the size of TS2 and have no roads. There's no way to add new lots to the game or even to move lots within a neighborhood.

It really was more of a rewrite than the other Stories games.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 9th Jun 2013 at 6:05 AM Last edited by marka93 : 9th Jun 2013 at 6:20 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by _-April-_
HELLO!I have a couple of questions regarding Sims Castaway stories. :D

1.Does boolProp testingcheatsenabled true works for the Castaway series (If so, doe the tombstone of L&D work?)

2.Do pose boxes for Sims 2 work for Castaway stories too?

3. Do simpackeges for Sims 2 work for Castaway stories too?

You may have to make a Downloads folder if one is not there.

On # 1 No. testingcheatsenabled does not work.
The Sim Blender however does work but don't use it for any thing other than needs until the story is done, then you can use a lot more but not all.

On #2 I don't know, I never use them any way.

On #3 Depends on what you want to use. A lot (maybe all) of default and non default skins work great. Some of the clothes maybe grey and have no color in buy mode but they work for in-game play. You will just have to try them out but be warned don't try them until the story is done or you could break the story line.

Even having some mods in the download folder can break the story line.

ADD:
Quote:
Also has anyone else had CS get stuck on a goal, where you've completed the goal (like attach the sail to the mast), but the game doesn't recognize it? I can't get any farther in the game until that issue is resolved. I tried just beginning a new game, but it got stuck on a different goal too. I'm sick of playing the beginning parts over and over.

For gemilya if you open CS with SimPE before the story is done then you have broke the story line and also some mods will break the story line.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Theorist
#10 Old 9th Jun 2013 at 2:15 PM
Yes, using Insimenator or SimPE or any other mod that can roughly edit the gameplay will cause your story to break.

Don't open SimPE all until you finish the story (when you get four wants and no goals on your panel).

Cheats will only work after you have finished the story. They will always work on Wanmami Island, though. But only these cheats will work; kaching, motherlode, bP dormSpecificToolsDisabled, aging, help, and rare more. No moveObjects, no constrainFloorElevation, no testingCheats, no nothing.

New hair, dresses and other are only OK with CS if they don't rely on TS2/EPs. It needs to be a completely custom made clothing/hurr with a mesh. Also, unlockables (such as Unlocked Twikkii Island Outfit From BV or other) will not work.

Hacks... well kinda. Carrigon made all sorts of hacks designed specifically for CS (as well as hack that acts like testingCheats), so you should start there. Though I do sometimes wander around on CC sites, find a cute mod, I MAKE A backup and then I try whether it works or not.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 9th Jun 2013 at 11:01 PM
Yes Carrigon made some hacks but all most all of them have some not so good side effects, like the spider will keep on spawning and spawning and then you will have over 100 of them on the lot. I stop using her hacks because of all the problems they caused.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Test Subject
#12 Old 10th Jun 2013 at 12:08 AM
Crazy question and sorry if not relevant but has anyone converted castaway objects to TS2 format?
Site Helper
#13 Old 10th Jun 2013 at 12:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jkamartinek
Crazy question and sorry if not relevant but has anyone converted castaway objects to TS2 format?
Yes, someone has. However, if you check out the site rules, you'll see that we're not allowed to discuss that here:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=340413
Test Subject
#14 Old 10th Jun 2013 at 12:41 AM
I apologize. I was just curious as to how you would go about it since some of the distressed textures wood look interesting on the objects for the apocalypse challenge. I am not all that tech savey and thought if i had found someone who had I could ask them how.
Site Helper
#15 Old 10th Jun 2013 at 1:39 AM
If you want to make them yourself, we might be able to help you. If you want to download them, we can't.
Test Subject
#16 Old 10th Jun 2013 at 2:49 AM Last edited by jkamartinek : 10th Jun 2013 at 3:16 AM.
As I said before I have limited tech knowledge but I am willing to learn. When I was looking at the apocalypse objects on this site
I kept thinking about how very interesting the degraded grand piano with the boot on the leg would look in an apocalypse setting.