Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sim Height Slider

by CmarNYC Posted 29th Jul 2013 at 7:52 AM - Updated 29th Jul 2013 at 3:00 PM by CmarNYC

393 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 160 Feedback Posts, 232 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 16
Scholar
THANKS POST
#101 Old 11th Sep 2013 at 6:45 PM
This is the one thing that would convince me to retry Sims 3. I was able to do ths in Sims 2 using simPE. It was a little ackward, but after being able to have children of different ages I just couldn't give that up. Thank you!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#102 Old 11th Sep 2013 at 9:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wayward13
The only distinction from what you said is that when I change the fat/fit/thin, I do it by clicking the Sim then using th commands: Master Controller > Intermediate > Fitness or Weight, then typing an adjustment number in the pop-up box between +2.0 and -2.0. Otherwise, I believe you got the gyst of what I meant. Of course, with the Body Sculptor item, we don't get quite so fine control over the value.

I've done more testing using the MC Intermediate function and still haven't seen this happen. I've also looked at the MC code and there doesn't appear to be anything that might affect facial (Appearance) sliders. As of now it's a mystery. I'm planning to upload an alternate version of the height slider that's tweaked to fix the inheritance limitation, so you could try that when it's available.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#103 Old 12th Sep 2013 at 12:34 AM
My theory about it being a hardware bug seems a little more plausible, since it seems to be unique to my system.(Occam's Razor, anyone? ;P ) I have a dreaded computer full cleaning coming up on the weekend. I'll pull the Crossfire'ed second card and revert the driver for a little while to test the theory then. At any rate, I'll try the new version, and will continue to use the mod regardless. The effect is odd (kind of fun, in fact, if you imagine shrink rays and silliness like that...), but the game works fine regardless of one tiny quirk in an otherwise fantastic slider. I love how you Modder ladies and gents continue to make EA look like fools by doing things that they say the game can't do. =D
Test Subject
#104 Old 15th Sep 2013 at 10:52 AM
Hi Cmar,

It wasn't a hardware issue. Tested on 12.8, 13.1 and 13.2BETA drivers for AMD GPUs with only a single card, no AA config and received two reverts out of five tests each. I did find that when I deleted the CC Magic cache and did a resart, though, that I haven't seen an instance of the bug for 10 attempts now. Consort probably hit the nail on the head about it being a caching issue, just that it may have been some old junk leftover from a CCMagic cache file that I didn't clean out properly. I should clear my caches more often. >.< It looks like clearing all caches *completely* solved the problem. Sorry about that. Thanks again for your great mod and for taking the time to consider my comments! Good luck solving the inheritance problem, sorry I couldn't help with that.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#105 Old 15th Sep 2013 at 5:38 PM
Thank You, I love it, it works great in game.
Test Subject
#106 Old 16th Sep 2013 at 4:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sandrate
I installed it but it doesn't show in my game

It is under the eyes advanced settings.
Test Subject
#107 Old 16th Sep 2013 at 4:30 PM
This slider works really well. I didn't have any issues that I noticed with weird children and I'm not over concerned about the whole "genetics" thing. I'm surprised that no one mentioned that the height difference makes it look like the shorter sim is making out with the taller sim's neck. lol I am sure that would be difficult to fix. Just thought I should mention because I didn't read that anywhere. Thank you for your work!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#108 Old 17th Sep 2013 at 4:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Grimstress
This slider works really well. I didn't have any issues that I noticed with weird children and I'm not over concerned about the whole "genetics" thing. I'm surprised that no one mentioned that the height difference makes it look like the shorter sim is making out with the taller sim's neck. lol I am sure that would be difficult to fix. Just thought I should mention because I didn't read that anywhere. Thank you for your work!

That's the same problem as the kissing animation - the romantic interactions assume the sims are the same height.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#109 Old 19th Sep 2013 at 6:18 PM
I downloaded some other Height slider once - which was in parts, torso, arms, etc..does this work on the WHOLE sim or will I still have to make the arms, legs, etc, the correct height?
Test Subject
#110 Old 19th Sep 2013 at 11:30 PM
Thank you! I have been looking for this for a while now. c:
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#111 Old 20th Sep 2013 at 1:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Vinoue
I downloaded some other Height slider once - which was in parts, torso, arms, etc..does this work on the WHOLE sim or will I still have to make the arms, legs, etc, the correct height?

This works on the whole sim. The only drawback is that tall sims will appear thinner than short sims, and I'm working on a slider to compensate for that.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#112 Old 21st Sep 2013 at 7:08 PM
You're amazing! Thank you so much for posting this!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#113 Old 21st Sep 2013 at 9:30 PM
Thanks have been using this for a while esp on some aliens to make them look more like the little greys instead of tall greens. :-)
Lab Assistant
#114 Old 26th Sep 2013 at 3:49 AM
this is an awsome mod though but I noticed if a short sim tries to sit down it messes up thry do not sit properly. I wish there was a way to just replace the sim sketeon with a more flexible one
Instructor
#115 Old 26th Sep 2013 at 10:38 AM
Default Excellent!!
This is brilliant for adding realism to the game! AT LAST!! THANK YOU <3 <3 <3

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#116 Old 26th Sep 2013 at 3:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by anthony5000f
this is an awsome mod though but I noticed if a short sim tries to sit down it messes up thry do not sit properly. I wish there was a way to just replace the sim sketeon with a more flexible one

It's not the skeletons, it's the animations. That's probably the reason EA didn't do variable heights in the first place; animations are a lot of work and they'd have to have multiple versions of a lot of animations or make them considerably more sophisticated to adjust for differences in height.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#117 Old 27th Sep 2013 at 6:02 PM
Thank you so much this mod is great. I can finally create the giant bear man of my dreams!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#118 Old 28th Sep 2013 at 6:46 PM
Gracias! me encanta!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#119 Old 1st Oct 2013 at 6:47 AM
Thank you for your great work as always
Test Subject
#120 Old 1st Oct 2013 at 11:36 PM
This is wonderful. I make Troll people. The toddlers are so very cute, even if the sink into the ground when seated. I have them learn to walk and then they are very very cute!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#121 Old 2nd Oct 2013 at 2:11 PM
Thank you ! great job :)
Test Subject
#122 Old 9th Oct 2013 at 6:15 PM
Default Unable to install HeightSlider Mod
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
This works on the whole sim. The only drawback is that tall sims will appear thinner than short sims, and I'm working on a slider to compensate for that.

How did you get this to work in your game. I have downloaded this mod but am unable to install it to my game. I am getting a message stating that I must have the latest update. My game is currently updated this version: 1.57.62.023001 and I am running Windows 8. Is there something else that I need to do in order for this mod to work in my game?

Thanks
Test Subject
#123 Old 9th Oct 2013 at 6:50 PM
Default Unable to Install HeightSlider Mod in Game
How did you get this to work in your game. I have downloaded this mod but am unable to install it to my game. I am getting a message stating that I must have the latest update. My game is currently updated this version: 1.57.62.023001 and I am running Windows 8. Is there something else that I need to do in order for this mod to work in my game? I have attached a screenshot of the message I get when I install the mod.

Thanks
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#124 Old 9th Oct 2013 at 9:41 PM
Where did you download this? I provide my mods as .package files, not .Sims3Pack. If someone else is hosting my mod in Sims3Pack form (without my knowledge or permission BTW) I can't help you with it.

Test Subject
#125 Old 9th Oct 2013 at 10:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Where did you download this? I provide my mods as .package files, not .Sims3Pack. If someone else is hosting my mod in Sims3Pack form (without my knowledge or permission BTW) I can't help you with it.

I downloaded this from this sight. When I initially opened the file, I forgot to unclick the option to open all files with the same program. The Sims icon for custom content is not attached to the file when I unzip it. When the file shows up in my folder, it has the "paint" icon. I was trying to change the icon so the file can show up with the Sims icon.
Page 5 of 16