Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 7:43 PM
Ah Ha! I just tried zerbu's tool on the Zone director mod, specifically the one for nightclubs and now there are npc's working and patrons filling the club. Whereas before the fix neither npc's or patrons showed up at the club.

Edited to add upon further testing, it didn't completely fix zone director. Yes the sims and npc's show up at the club but this mod is supposed to add double the amount of sims but it hasn't done that. Usually there would be 25 to 30 sims at the club and there are only 11. So it's still broken.
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 7:49 PM
Yes, Zerbu's tool will work for some mods, but not for all.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Smeg Head
#28 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 7:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by catalina_45
I have used the program for 2 mods and it worked:
-No auto drink from fridge and -No auto dance to stereo...
It was a test, but it worked in game.

Hi, catalina_45

After you run those Interaction Tuning XMLs through Zerbu's program, can you confirm that it is adding the new HUMAN tag lines of code into each. As Zerbu does not make a mention of the mod doing this, I would be a bit hesitant to trust a simple "and they work in my game after" as proof.

Until the new non human entity is unleashed into our games, these Interaction Tuning mods will work fine. But I don't think they will after the monsters or whatever are out of the box and in your sims homes.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 7:57 PM
Evolve All Plants (scumbumbo), not ran through Zerbu's tool, works for me.
Smeg Head
#30 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 8:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zennia
Ah Ha! I just tried zerbu's tool on the Zone director mod, specifically the one for nightclubs and now there are npc's working and patrons filling the club. Whereas before the fix neither npc's or patrons showed up at the club.

Edited to add upon further testing, it didn't completely fix zone director. Yes the sims and npc's show up at the club but this mod is supposed to add double the amount of sims but it hasn't done that. Usually there would be 25 to 30 sims at the club and there are only 11. So it's still broken.

Hi, Zennia.

Do you also use MC Command Centre? I reported to Deaderpool last week that the new setting on MC is causing exactly as you describe. There are known problems with it regarding zoning populations and hopefully Deaderpool can get them sorted.
Instructor
#31 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 9:05 PM Last edited by James009 : 3rd Jun 2016 at 9:20 PM.
Zerbu
Zerbu's career and politics mods don't seem to be compatible either. :'(

I think Zerbu is working on it.

EDIT: He might have already fixed it!
Forum Resident
#32 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 9:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
Hi, catalina_45

After you run those Interaction Tuning XMLs through Zerbu's program, can you confirm that it is adding the new HUMAN tag lines of code into each. As Zerbu does not make a mention of the mod doing this, I would be a bit hesitant to trust a simple "and they work in my game after" as proof.
Until the new non human entity is unleashed into our games, these Interaction Tuning mods will work fine. But I don't think they will after the monsters or whatever are out of the box and in your sims homes.

Hi Coolspear1
It is very likely that you have right. I am convinced that not all mods will work through the method of repair. I will even make a manually update with files before and after the repair to be sure that everything is OK.
Field Researcher
#33 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 9:34 PM
Hi, Zennia.

Do you also use MC Command Centre? I reported to Deaderpool last week that the new setting on MC is causing exactly as you describe. There are known problems with it regarding zoning populations and hopefully Deaderpool can get them sorted.

I do use MC Command Center. But i didn't have the problem you described until the patch. My clubs were always full of sims. But i also use other mods for population control as well as MC.

The mods i've been using to control the population are the following:
All of the Zone Director mods by Arkeus17
MC of course
20 sims cap remover
fewer random townies on community lot
longer parties and more guests
more customers x3
more sims lounge x2
more people at the gym v1.1
shimrods reduced townie generation
walkby x2 ver16

If these conflicted at all, there were no signs of it in my game until the patch.
Test Subject
#34 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 9:41 PM
Hi, I know this is for mods but: May_TS4_Hair88M-May_TS4_Hair94F-May_TS4_Hair104M-May_TS4_Hair106F Crashes the game (you have the intro but not the Mods list or the menu to play or create a sim).
Smeg Head
#35 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 10:05 PM
20 sims cap remover

Which mod is this? Is it for a specific lot type, or a global cap remover? If it's a global mod, then it would definitely conflict with MC's global cap setting. Or, more to the point, MC would totally override it so it would be doing nothing at all.

The recent zoning problem with MC and its new "population amount per lot" setting is not a conflict with another mod. It is due to unforeseen incompatibility with game core code. Deaderpool has an idea of what to fix, but there are also other knock on problems that may not be fixed. We'll just have to see what Deaderpool does in the next update. My own unreleased Hospital "new staff types and patients" Population mod was thrown out of whack because of MC changes, so it's currently on hold waiting to see if it will ever be compatible.
Scholar
#36 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 10:38 PM
I do use MC Command Center. But i didn't have the problem you described until the patch. My clubs were always full of sims. But i also use other mods for population control as well as MC.

The mods i've been using to control the population are the following:
All of the Zone Director mods by Arkeus17
MC of course
20 sims cap remover
fewer random townies on community lot
longer parties and more guests
more customers x3
more sims lounge x2
more people at the gym v1.1
shimrods reduced townie generation
walkby x2 ver16

If these conflicted at all, there were no signs of it in my game until the patch.

If you're using MC Command Center's custom population then I know for a fact it conflicts with Reduced Townie Generating. I asked Deaderpool about it some time back. It's either the custom population from MC Command Center or Shimrod's mod. You aren't supposed to use both. I can't speak to the others.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 11:28 PM
Ok, stupid question o' the day: How are you using Zerbu's tool on a specific mod?
Test Subject
#38 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 11:34 PM
Unlocked Swamp Pack by bakiegaming makes the game unable to launch
Test Subject
#39 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 11:59 PM
I know many others have probably mentioned this, but does anyone think there's any hope out there for someone either taking it upon themselves to fix Clown's debug mod, or else creating their own mod that functions similarly? (Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask this!).

I'm to the point where I will literally PAY a modder to fix this mod for me (not kidding. I would paypal you money for your time hahahaha). I have been playing in offline mode to dodge the patch, but I'd really love to get Dine Out... But this mod has many functions that other mods (including MCC) simply don't have.
Smeg Head
#40 Old 4th Jun 2016 at 12:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TrebleRose89
I know many others have probably mentioned this, but does anyone think there's any hope out there for someone either taking it upon themselves to fix Clown's debug mod, or else creating their own mod that functions similarly? (Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask this!).

I'm to the point where I will literally PAY a modder to fix this mod for me (not kidding. I would paypal you money for your time hahahaha). I have been playing in offline mode to dodge the patch, but I'd really love to get Dine Out... But this mod has many functions that other mods (including MCC) simply don't have.

We're in the uncertain, hazy area of thinking it might actually have been added to the game by Maxis themselves. All the debug recoding they have done could be an indication of it. Don't hold me to that, but there has got to be some reasons for all that XML debug reshuffling they have done. Very extensive, so it can't all be for nought.
Field Researcher
#41 Old 4th Jun 2016 at 2:25 AM
Which mod is this? Is it for a specific lot type, or a global cap remover? If it's a global mod, then it would definitely conflict with MC's global cap setting. Or, more to the point, MC would totally override it so it would be doing nothing at all.

The recent zoning problem with MC and its new "population amount per lot" setting is not a conflict with another mod. It is due to unforeseen incompatibility with game core code. Deaderpool has an idea of what to fix, but there are also other knock on problems that may not be fixed. We'll just have to see what Deaderpool does in the next update. My own unreleased Hospital "new staff types and patients" Population mod was thrown out of whack because of MC changes, so it's currently on hold waiting to see if it will ever be compatible.

Hi coolspear1,

The 20 sims cap remover mod is in weerbesu's Longer Parties and More Guests zip file. He mention's it in his description. But upon reading it again, i can see it's no longer needed if i'm using MC's population amount per lot.
Field Researcher
#42 Old 4th Jun 2016 at 2:33 AM
We're in the uncertain, hazy area of thinking it might actually have been added to the game by Maxis themselves. All the debug recoding they have done could be an indication of it. Don't hold me to that, but there has got to be some reasons for all that XML debug reshuffling they have done. Very extensive, so it can't all be for nought.

I'm with TrebleRose89, i would also pay to have someone fix this mod. Just point me to the donation button!
Field Researcher
#43 Old 4th Jun 2016 at 2:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aparkison
If you're using MC Command Center's custom population then I know for a fact it conflicts with Reduced Townie Generating. I asked Deaderpool about it some time back. It's either the custom population from MC Command Center or Shimrod's mod. You aren't supposed to use both. I can't speak to the others.

Hi aparkinson,

Thanks for the tip about the conflict between these two mods, i will definitely look into it.
Mad Poster
#44 Old 4th Jun 2016 at 3:00 AM
Damn. So Clown's mod is finally unusable? I knew it was only a matter of time but that's still disappointing.

This is the first time in months that I've REEEEALLY wanted to play TS4 but I also reeeeally don't feel like updating all my mods...and possibly CC. I'm not sure. I don't think I have any Custom clothes and hairstyles that would come in conflict with the new CAS Stuff.

The Receptacle still lives!
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 4th Jun 2016 at 3:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
Damn. So Clown's mod is finally unusable? I knew it was only a matter of time but that's still disappointing.

This is the first time in months that I've REEEEALLY wanted to play TS4 but I also reeeeally don't feel like updating all my mods...and possibly CC. I'm not sure. I don't think I have any Custom clothes and hairstyles that would come in conflict with the new CAS Stuff.

Very few CC conflicts- just don't work. :C
Test Subject
#46 Old 4th Jun 2016 at 3:49 AM
Mad Poster
#47 Old 4th Jun 2016 at 5:11 AM
Now to figure out which of my mods is stopping the pie menu from opening when I click on stuff. Will let everyone know when I find the culprit. Also, the "More Clubs Per Sim" mod is definitely broken. Not sure if that's on the list already. You can't load games with it, the main menu is completely black, sim mugshots are glitched out, ect. Not sure how that one fucked the game up so bad :/

Mother Function
retired moderator
#48 Old 4th Jun 2016 at 5:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by James009
Zerbu's career and politics mods don't seem to be compatible either. :'(

I think Zerbu is working on it.

EDIT: He might have already fixed it!

I don't think so. I re downloaded it, and it's still not working in my game, nor does his program fix it.

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Test Subject
Original Poster
#49 Old 4th Jun 2016 at 6:42 AM Last edited by jpage1982 : 4th Jun 2016 at 9:44 AM.
Note to self: Don't run that Mod Repair Tool on 2.46GB of 3,282 Build/Buy Object mods! The end result? My game now refuses to open!

Thankfully, I have a back-up from a few months ago, but just a fair warning to others who may be thinking of doing the same thing.
Don't do it! Save yourself!

P.S.: The reason I decided to try it was, because, no matter how hard I tried, my Sim kept flailing around helplessly when I told them to do anything with the fridge or oven.
On that note, is there anyone else experiencing the same issue?
Mad Poster
#50 Old 4th Jun 2016 at 6:43 AM
Well that only took a few an hour and a half of frustration. Emptied out my mods folder, one row at a time, to see which mod was causing the problem. Turns out it was none of them. I had some outdated mods hiding outside that folder. So that was a lot of work for nothing -_____-

Page 2 of 6