Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 12:06 AM
Default Lot I am building stuck in tab mode..CANNOT get it back to normal. :(
Has anyone had and solved the following problem: I went into "tab" mode to get a picture of a lot I was building. and now the camera is stuck in some plain blue view and I can't tab out of it on ONE lot only.

Basically, my screen is completely blank-blue...as it camera is tilted permanently into sky or edge of map or something. I see nothing but blue.

NOT a graphics issue..all other lots are fine. It is specific to this lot only.

I CAN NOT get out of this view and restore normal view by tabbing out..it seems the view is stuck.
Going into top down view and then back again did not change anything.
Sending a sim to the lot did not help. I couldn't see the sim either and had to exit game.

Stupidly, I saved. When this has happened before I "fixed" it by exiting without saving..this time I forgot.

Is the lot now unusable? I would hate to bull doze it after all the work I put into it but I can't make it work.
Very annoying.

I suppose if bulldozing is the only option I will not not be using tab mode on lots I have not saved as a package file. first..in case I end up having to bulldoze them and replacing them.

ANY builders out there ever have this problem? I have googled and all I find are a few posts about people being stuck in aerial view, which isn't the issue and non of those solutions..tab out..helps. I can't get any view change with tab in this lot.

sigh. I really hope there is a simple solution.

MTS does not allow us to delete our accounts. I will not be logging into this account anymore, so PMs would go unanswered.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 12:43 AM
I had that problem upstairs in a shrunk 1 by 1 lot, but hitting Tab fixed it and it was only in one spot. Perhaps try and enlarge the lot with the lot adjuster before loading the lot again.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 1:42 AM
Thanks for reply..is lot adjuster something that can be used with Mac?

Also..now more problems. I saved some of the lots I had been working on in case I had to restore an earlier save..thinking I could just add those back.

BUT..now that those lots are packaged, when I re-enter those lots all their custom content is replaced by whatever items they were based on and all terrain paints on the lots are gone.
Does the very act of packaging a lot with a lot of cc and terrain paint strip away all that stuff? I have not experienced this before to be honest..the only difference is those lots have a lot of terrain paints used on them.

oddly enough, the problem persists upon restoring an earlier version from yesterday, before I packaged anything!
In other worlds..when i went back to an earlier save and entered lots that were fine then, now they do not show any cc at all and the only thing I did was package the lots to save.

Maybe my Sedona sims are not meant to be living on a small blue moon reachable by space-shuttle from Sedona. All of these issues are cropping up in my downtown.

MTS does not allow us to delete our accounts. I will not be logging into this account anymore, so PMs would go unanswered.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 1:46 AM
I'm not at all sure about Mac's. With the PC you package to file and open with Clean Installer which should take most if not all the cc. I have no idea if the lot adjuster works with Mac's you would have to read over the details. Hopefully Esme will be along, she knows Mac's.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#5 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 1:50 AM
Theoretically you can use Lot Adjuster with a Mac. I did get the program to open on my old Mac, but never used it, so I'm afraid I can't tell you how. I did have to go in through Terminal and enter honest-to-God code to make it work; I don't know if that's an option nowadays.

Packaging a lot shouldn't strip away all the cc. I'm not at all sure what's going on here, but I suspect that the stuck lot is only a symptom, not a cause. I would start by working the Game Help topic and if that didn't resolve it, I'd make a new thread including all computer info and test results in the Help section.

EDIT: @joandsarah77 Putting an @ in front of my username is much more likely to summon me than just hoping.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 5:30 AM
Made new thread in Help section.

The problems with my Sims 2 game keep piling on tonight.
I hope it can be fixed or it is end of the road for my Sedona story..

Forum Resident
#7 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 3:17 PM
Edit. I was suggesting for problem already fixed.