Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Aug 2011 at 5:30 AM
Default How to put custom music for Build/Buy Mode etc.
Hey there.
I'm new to modding for TS2 and I wanted to know if it's possible to put custom music into the game using SimPE. I'm not talking about custom songs for the Sims' radio, i'm talking about the in-game music your hear like in build/buy mode.

ex:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PmLRKnKGeI - This person on YouTube put TS3 theme into the game so that it plays in the neighbourhood mode.

Thanks

-imodsims2010 :D
Advertisement
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#2 Old 8th Aug 2011 at 5:33 AM
Go to your My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Music folder. You should see folders for Build, Buy, and even CAS along with the other radio stations. Place MP3 files into the Buy or Build folders to have the music play while in those modes.

ETA: There is a nhood folder, which I would imagine, would be for while you are viewing the neighborhood.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Aug 2011 at 5:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maybesomethingdunno
Go to your My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Music folder. You should see folders for Build, Buy, and even CAS along with the other radio stations. Place MP3 files into the Buy or Build folders to have the music play while in those modes.

Oh, thanks so much! Wow i'm dumb. I've seen those folders but i've never thought about it. Thank you!!!!!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 8th Aug 2011 at 11:40 AM
When I did this, I put all the music in build and disabled every single piece of EAxis music in game. What that means is, the game will then play your music for any situation that requires background music. Just a tip if you're really sick of the whole lot. I've since reinstalled and have reverted back to the in game music. Somehow it doesn't bother me as much now.
Test Subject
#5 Old 9th Aug 2011 at 1:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maybesomethingdunno

ETA: There is a nhood folder, which I would imagine, would be for while you are viewing the neighborhood.

Thanks, I didn't know you could do this- I wanna try it xD If I delete the crappy music already in the game will it muck it up??
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 9th Aug 2011 at 3:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by L123Ryuzaki
Thanks, I didn't know you could do this- I wanna try it xD If I delete the crappy music already in the game will it muck it up??

You can't delete it since it's hidden in the game files somewhere but you can turn it off in game.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Aug 2011 at 3:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
When I did this, I put all the music in build and disabled every single piece of EAxis music in game. What that means is, the game will then play your music for any situation that requires background music. Just a tip if you're really sick of the whole lot. I've since reinstalled and have reverted back to the in game music. Somehow it doesn't bother me as much now.

So how do you disable the EAxis music and let custom music play?
Scholar
#8 Old 10th Aug 2011 at 3:20 PM
In game I believe the radio stations are under the audio options icon. Simply look at the station you want and uncheck all the EAxis music and it won't play in game. If you have added MP3's to the file you will also see them listed on the station in game.
Scholar
#9 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 10:55 PM
Thanks everyone!
Field Researcher
#10 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 4:18 AM
Just to add (for anyone who doesn't know), IME it has to be MP3 files, not WMA, as I eventually figured out after wondering why certain tracks I'd put into various music folders never got played. So that's half of my Hawkwind my sims will never get to enjoy.