Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 4:20 AM
Default Cheaters are going to cheat
So the Mercer family is about as dysfunctional as they come. Romance sim Jake Mercer knocked up Lorelai Mercer who is a romance sim as well. Plus she was a single mom. So Jake moved her into his home where his Brother lives as well and pays MOST of the bills. Fast forward Jake and Lorelai marry have there baby boy Bobby. Now Jake is getting restless while Lorelai is enjoying being a mother and wife. Jake goes out every night almost partying, flirting, and PUBLIC woohooing. So my question is, is there a way for Lorelai to catch Jake in the act on a community lot? One of her best friends saw the public woohoo would he gossip it to Lorelai especially since he too is in love with her (after his wife passed she was there). His wife and Lorelai were best friends. I've tried using the summoner to summon her to the lot but since she's already part of his household she's not an option to summon. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 6:01 AM
You could try setting it up on the home lot. Maybe have Jake phone one of his "friends" up to come over, then have Lorelai temporarily leave the lot (install an alarm on the car, go for a drive in the car, have her go hiking, etc.), then, when Jake's lady friend comes over, queue a bunch of romantic interactions with her, to ensure Lorelai has time to come back and "catch him in the act." It doesn't take much--sims can kinda telepathecly sense when their spouse is cheating (I once had a sim sense his wife was cheating on him from clear across the other side of a large lot--with the door shut, no windows in the 2nd floor bedroom, and him being in the basement), so long as she's back on the lot she'll catch him, and lord knows it only takes too friendly of a hug to set a sim off.
Inventor
#3 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 6:10 AM
Sorry for double post, I'm on my phone and can't edit properly.

I nearly forgot about group outings. You could have Jake, Lorelai, and a bunch of Jake's ladies get together for a group outing somewhere--you said that both of them already know some of the women, so it's not like it would be too contrived. You could say that they are just celebrating some event (one of them got a promotion maybe?), and direct Jake and mistress of choice to the bar (or CC object of intoxication of your choice) and once they are good and "drunk" they could slip up and get too friendly with one another in front of Lorelai, allowing her to catch him cheating.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 8:49 AM
If you want it to be on a community lot, stage it while you are playing a different household. Perhaps Jake has a friend, that can take him and one of Jakes lovers on an outing. Get dolphins make sim controllable mod here on MTS, and make Jake or the lover selectable so you can make them do stuff. Then you should be able to spawn Lorelai.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 1:27 PM
I normally have to do nothing, they will be caught sooner rather than later
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Dec 2015 at 3:34 AM
Well I still haven't made it around to that household yet in this rotation (stupid job, stupid adult life :-D ) But you guys have gave me some juicy ideas. She's got an idea somethings going on definitely but I don't think she cares they live with Jake's brother and every time he's around she's wooing over him and Jake just continues on not that I think the game recognizes that as cheating. This is the first hood I've actually been very satisfied with and having a lot of fun with. Every Sim has their group of neighborhood friends or I just make more to suit any lonely Sims but I fear all the breeding going on....I uninstalled ACR I just don't want one rotation in the game to take me a month and I do 1 day rotations! I've included Bluewater villages premades too so it can get a bit overwhelming at times. I have so many babies and toddles I'll forget ones birthday and boom I'll look and they'll be a toddler/kid and I'm like oouey.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 1st Dec 2015 at 9:52 AM
I like large hoods and lots of families myself, and one day rotations are hard. So I will say :Slow down, it does not matter if it takes a month to get through. Enjoy each household and do not be afraid to abuse Aging off In the end, it is really important to enjoy the little time we all get to play
Mad Poster
#8 Old 1st Dec 2015 at 12:38 PM
I don't usually intervene to get cheats caught. In fact I deliberately ignored Mary-Sue's chance card on the first day in Pleasantview so that Daniel and Kaylynn wouldn't be disturbed. (I even used SetHour to give them still more time together.)

But I did my best to make sure that Cassandra caught Don before she married him. I hate divorce and wanted to save Cassie from ruining her life in a disastrous marriage. I did it by building a nightclub and then setting the Visitor Controller to ban so many kinds of Sim, that Cassie was almost certain to go. (If I remember rightly I banned teens, elders, homosexuals and single Sims. (Because she was engaged to Don, Cassandra evidently counted as "married" rather than as "single".)

Then I sent Don and Nina there. Sure enough Cassie turned up and caught them. Doing it that way, I rigged the odds in favour of Cassie catching them, but still left an element of chance. On the day of the planned wedding, instead of marrying Don, Cassandra attacked him! Hell hath no fury. . .
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm supposed to play 1 day rotations, but since I play with aging off, it doesn't really matter. However I like the way that Peni does it. She plays 24 hours with aging on. Then, if she wants to go on playing that family, she just turns aging off and goes on playing for another 24 hours, 48 hours or whatever. She turns aging back on before moving on to the next lot. That way she has flexibility but the lots stay in synch.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#9 Old 1st Dec 2015 at 11:01 PM
@ Juliapaige1992 Not to worry "Romance Sims" Male or female always get busted sooner or later.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".