Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 12:47 PM
Default Those Interested In Sims Economy Gameplay!!! Please Respond, Need Help!!
Hi all,

As you may know I have put together a project named the Sims economy. I am putting the finishing touches to it before uploading but have been drawn to a halt due to a certain mod that is part of my gameplay but not necessarily everybody else's.

I have Danny powers real life mod, and have implemented his mod into the gameplay project. This means having dates in certain documents as a means of tracking what is happening in my game. The trouble is, not everyone wants to play a life long mod but the documents I have created rely on aspects such as ages and dates to keep track of information which is what the real life mod provides globally in my game.

My question to you all is, how would you track your days in the documents? Bear in mind there are loans with payment plans in place that have termination dates, credit history records that rely on Sim's being a certain age for it to be activated (although this can be worked around if you have your own way of working out ages with your life spans)and etc.

I really want this to work as I've had quite a bit of interest in this but whilst this is in a way a conditional gameplay project that requires regulations, I still would like for the players downloading this to have flexibility in their gameplay. I know some people detest mods and custom content or keep it to a minimum or may have conflicts if I was to base this project on specific mods.

Please reply asap so I can crack on with this and get it uploaded. I appreciate all suggestions.

For players who want to know more about this project here is the link to the initial thread I've posted.

Thanks
Yagurllaylay
Screenshots
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 9:44 PM
Wait sim days or RL days? Could we get some more information on what the mod does?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 10:22 PM
I haven't heard of Danny Powers, but whatever you upload are only ideas. People will take what they want and discard what they don't like.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 10:41 PM
I don't believe it's a mod vampire, but rather documents for office.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 4:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I haven't heard of Danny Powers, but whatever you upload are only ideas. People will take what they want and discard what they don't like.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=511813
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 5:39 PM
Oh that's actually a really neato mod. I'l definitely be adding that to my play style.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 10:06 PM
Okay, I am reading that mod over and not getting it at all with all the - and +. How many actual game days do your toddlers, kids, teens and adults have?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 2:36 AM
Okay, I am reading that mod over and not getting it at all with all the - and +. How many actual game days do your toddlers, kids, teens and adults have?

I agree I am confused with the - 1 day in the table, but I think it is 365 days for each year is the way I understand it, just not sure if I am correct. I am not sure I have the attention span to play a sim for 365 days let alone x2 years for a toddler.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 3:20 AM
So a sim pregnancy last 9 real months? If you play a sim for a real life span they would long know everything there is to know in the sim world. No I would never use such a mod as it makes no sense.
I use a double aging mod so toddlerhood is 8 days, kids 14, teens I send to uni after 10 or grow up to YA at 10 and they stay in the main hood (no way am I having teens for the 30 days the double aging mod allows for) Adults get 60. The way I play is 1 sim day = 6 months. The pregnancy mod I use now is for two days, making pregnancy last a year which is close enough to reality to make the gap between kids feel realistic. Uni I have modded to 48 hours/2 days which = 1 year. Even then it is quite long.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#11 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 6:35 AM
So I know that part of the reason deleting Sims from the bin is a VBT is that once they've become part of the community, they'll leave character files all over the neighborhood that point to nothing once they're deleted- but is it EVER safe to delete a Sim from the bin? For instance, a Sim that's been created, but that you then ignore and never move into a lot at all? Or will that still bork your game up?

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 7:02 AM
Still bork your game, but ah, this is the wrong place to ask.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#13 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 7:13 AM
Still bork your game, but ah, this is the wrong place to ask.

Yeah- sorry! I just realized this wasn't the thread I had thought I was posting in! Supposed to have been in the Stupid/Random Questions thread! My bad!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.