Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 5:35 AM
Default Getting ready to install Radiance Lighting System...
And I was wondering if it is compatible with Ultimate Collection? I was going to use Scriptorium to automatically install it because I don't fully understand how EA/Maxis has the files and folders setup and I'm wondering if Scriptorium is gonna be able to find all the paths needed or if there is gonna be a problem. I backed up my entire Sims 2 tm folder in My Documents just to be safe.

Also I don't fully understand how to install the optional RLS shaders since theres only instructions for Deluxe and Double Deluxe.
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 4:52 PM
Since the UC was released long after the Scriptorium was made and given also that the file paths have been changed for this new edition of the game, I would advise installing manually. As I remember it, it's fairly straightforward. As for instructions, you should be able to work out the new equivalent file locations for UC but post details if you're stuck.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 1:46 AM
Scriptorium should be fine with UC - it pulls the file paths from the registry so it shouldn't need updating.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Alchemist
#4 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 9:56 AM
I think it was quite hard to manually install it, I remember I did it through Scriptorium at first and it apparently did work without me knowing it (I had gotten so used to the lightning in the game I saw no difference)
Mad Poster
#5 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 10:59 AM
I want to try the manual thing - Scriptorium does not work with UC on my pc - but I do know for a fact that the automatic install works on some other computers.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 11:00 AM
It's not hard to install manually - really, not hard.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc