Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 4:15 AM
Default Can Someone Tell Me Why This Is?
I have been on this forum for... a while now. I joined back in 2013. I have noticed this thing that seems to always want to be!

So, every time I get a message, someone quotes a post of mine, or a post got approved/rejected, I get an alert, as usual. The odd thing is, though, that one alert always stays...

Why does it say "1" when it shows NOTHING when I click on it!?
Is this some kind of software glitch in the website's server or something?

Also, sorry if this is the wrong section. I figured it would go in a "site help" page, but I seem to only find help pages for Sims games, not for site usage in general, and this isn't really much of a "help" problem, just an odd thing I noticed and didn't know if anyone else has the same thing.
Advertisement
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#2 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 5:05 AM
Try clicking http://www.modthesims.info/private.php?do=rebuildpm. That should take care of it.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 7:26 AM
Huh, alright. That did it. Thanks.
I do wonder why it was like that, though...
I noticed the link says "do_rebuildpm", so perhaps it is some kind of software glitch, and a "rebuild" forces it to reset?
Odd...

Anyway, thank you for that!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 12:18 PM
If you go to the message and click on it, the post should also disappear.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 9:07 PM
As the image shows, there was no message. I could click "Latest private messages" but they were all read, and rereading them does nothing.
Space Pony
#6 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 11:03 AM
I have the same issue!

Dag-Dag
Space Pony
#7 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 11:07 AM
It says I have 10 messages but there are only 6 messages. They are all read but where did the other 4 messages go?

Dag-Dag