Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#26 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 2:34 PM Last edited by Nouk : 20th Jan 2011 at 5:38 PM.
Thanks Nymphy, that will really come in handy :D

Also made some tight coil texture for another hair, but it's not applicable to the hair I posted in the first post.

This is another afro-centric hair I haven't finished, btw.

Please visit WickedNoukFamily Forum for my creations.
Can't take requests, I'm completely swamped with unfinished projects! :O
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 6:46 AM
OMG! I want this one so much, I think the only one I want as much is the afro one. These 2 styles are so muck like my sister's hair. I don't really have any advice except maybe the front should be more like the afro one, or less styled in the middle. I'd honestly take either one right now. You make the best hairs and I really appreciate the ethnic styles, there aren't too many out there. Not every one has miles of big Texas hair, ya know. I don't know much about hair but if you need testers or something along that line I'm willing to do it.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 9:09 AM
Anouk! That texture is amazing!
Bowties are cool.
retired moderator
#29 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 2:19 PM
*dies of pretty*

Yeah, sorry for not being very helpful there I dunno much about hair really, all I do know it's pretty and I want it.
Scholar
Original Poster
#30 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 2:45 PM
I still have to look at it in bodyshop though, and it may look very different because of the lighting. Much more like planes I think. But I'll check it out.
It definately still needs a less straight hairline, less stretching, less repeat.

Field Researcher
#31 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 4:42 PM
That new hair is really great!Really lovely!

What I do...I do it for friendship!
-Terra<3
(I adore this guy!)
Instructor
#32 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 9:40 PM
Here's a picture of a style similar to that one, it kinds of explains about the less styling.

Scholar
Original Poster
#33 Old 25th Jan 2011 at 7:34 PM
Thanks trying to implement that!

Also, made some edits to the hair with the braids:

Theorist
#34 Old 25th Jan 2011 at 8:44 PM
Would it be difficult to move the two braids in the front to the back? Personally I would like it more that way but both ways are good, maybe two versions? The texture looks really good!

Hi I'm Paul!
Theorist
#35 Old 25th Jan 2011 at 9:03 PM
Personally, I'm the opposite.. I like the idea of all the braids being in front of the shoulder

Though I agree with what you said in the Original Post, It still does look a little bit too long.. Maybe just a braid or two more off the Back? Then again, I could be just being picky - Nouk, whatever you make I'd probably shove it in my game some way or another ^__^

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Mad Poster
#36 Old 25th Jan 2011 at 10:40 PM
Oooh, looks good! I'd definitely have it in my game, and I'm sure I'd use it a lot, but I agree with the people who think it's a bit too long. Doesn't hair get/look shorter when it's braided? I am so not an expert on hair styles! :-P To me though, this hair looks like if it was loose it'd be down past her bum. Is possible, I guess, but maybe not so likely?

I do like it very much though. My sims wouldn't mind it being long! :-D
Scholar
Original Poster
#37 Old 25th Jan 2011 at 11:30 PM
I used to have braids with false hair added, and they were even longer, actually :D
I think I could do more versions, but it might take a while...

Instructor
#38 Old 26th Jan 2011 at 11:42 AM
I love it just the way it is. Personally I think its done Nouk! I also agree with Petchy on the whole "hair-over-shoulders" thing, to me it gives the hair a little more personality, ya know

(())Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that has
//\\survived, died, or is living with cancer.
Mad Poster
#39 Old 26th Jan 2011 at 3:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nouk
I used to have braids with false hair added, and they were even longer, actually :D

Good point. I forgot that there's such thing as false hair/hair extensions! Told you I sucked at knowing stuff about hair styles....

In that case, I think it's awesome as it is :-)
Test Subject
#40 Old 27th Jan 2011 at 12:08 PM
The braids are amazing now. I like the two braids over the front as it adds personality. When can we download it?

Now?

How about now?
Scholar
#41 Old 27th Jan 2011 at 2:13 PM
Personally, I'd prefer the braids without the ones over the shoulder. Just saying.

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Scholar
Original Poster
#42 Old 27th Jan 2011 at 9:14 PM
To me it would look kind of boring, I don't know... well one of the variations I did has that requirement.

Anyway I made one with all the braids over the shoulder, and one with much shorter braids with nothing over the shoulder. I can release all of them in a braids pack or something. I'll post pics later.

Instructor
#43 Old 28th Jan 2011 at 9:54 PM
I can't wait to see it Nouk. I've had long extensions as well.
Field Researcher
#44 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 4:21 PM
Nouk, I really like how it is now. I love the detail of the braids over the shoulder, it is a nice touch that somehow adds realism.
Also, the picture you posted in the first post of this hair is awesome. I really like how you create these kind of afro hairs, as I love them and nobody out there creates them.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#45 Old 16th Feb 2011 at 6:40 PM
I know it's been a copuple of weeks since the last response but I HAD to comment!

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the braided ponytail! Where's the download button?!!! GIMMEE!!!

The messy fro... I think if you added an alpha overlayer that had individual curly hair then it would be more realistic. Are you going for the 'fresh out of bed look' or the 'uncombed for day's look? Or are you going for the 'messy on purpose' look?

For old-school, tight fros, (back to the 70's) uncombed for days hair would be uneven and flat in some areas and poofed out in others, with straggly strands sticking out in random directions. 'Messy on purpose' for a tight fro, didn't exist. It was bed-head mess or nice and picked out. Nowadays, tight fros are not seen very often and when they are, they are well shaped.

The looser curl style is what you see a lot of - like the picture that jacciinatl posted. That hair style is picked out - kinda straightening the hair strands and managed but it is not a tight curl so it is 'organized' messy lol

I like the hairstyle in post 26 however, the ends on your hair tend to bend down due to gravity whereas real curly hair would not drop to vertical on the ends so much.

I'll take them all. I Love your hairstyles!
Instructor
#46 Old 23rd Feb 2011 at 10:01 PM
Regarding the first pictured hair on this page, you have at last created a hair style that has potential to resemble my own! If it were shoulder length or a little longer, you would create what I envisioned Hermione Granger's hair to resemble (and it would look more like my own hair as well). I'm currently hand painting locks of hair to create a frizzy, wavy texture that is lacking in the Sims community, although I probably won't have much time to work on this endeavor until late April, when I get out of school. By the way, I managed to create a wavy texture using your advice and a few modifications in photoshop, although I don't think it sufficiently resembles my own hair texture and hence I'm trying hand painting. I still intend to use my finished hair texture on various other sims projects, however.

I am concerned that the mounds of piled hair might protrude too much into space and look rather angular instead of rounded, if that makes any sense. Your pictured view of your hair seems not to have this problem, although I need more pictures of varied angles to be sure. I can make you an MsPaint drawing to clarify my concern.

The afro looks fine to me although the hair line seems too defined and too dark. I also agree with porkypine's comments and am particularly partial to the uncombed for days tight afro idea. The braided ponytail looks excellent and I can't spot any problems.
Scholar
Original Poster
#47 Old 25th Feb 2011 at 1:06 PM
Thanks everyone who has added tips and comments I need a kick to the butt to finish the hairs. Your tips will help me improve the hairs.

Slar, can't wait to see what hair you come up with

Lab Assistant
#48 Old 25th Feb 2011 at 2:50 PM
Nouk the pictures don't load for me so I don't have any helpful opinions or suggestions. Going by the descriptions though I can't wait to add these to my game
Scholar
Original Poster
#49 Old 26th Feb 2011 at 7:39 PM
Here's the second of the three braids ponytails. One with all the braids over the shoulder.

Instructor
#50 Old 26th Feb 2011 at 11:21 PM
Only two suggestion, maybe have the tips of her hair taper a bit more? Also maybe have it sag just a bit on the shoulder? It sorta looks like its floating. I just noticed those, but its perfect the way it is!

I love the realism here the most, the braids arent all perfect lengths and dont allstay in one unnatural line, c'est magnifique!

(())Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that has
//\\survived, died, or is living with cancer.
Locked thread | Locked by: Yogi-Tea Reason: old/uploaded (do not delete - contains useful info for hair creation)
Page 2 of 4