Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jan 2023 at 9:41 AM
Default Problem with BG AquaPlus Shower Stall recolor
I want to recolor the shower curtain for the BG AquaPlus Shower Stall to make it slightly seethru. When I test my recolor the whole shower itself is seethru. How do I get just the curtain to be seethru and not the rest of the tub/shower?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th Jan 2023 at 4:06 PM
Transparent parts need to be in their own separate parts of the mesh to look good as transparent. If there's just one mesh group for the entire item, you'll get weird effects on the opaque parts, too.

Haven't looked at the mesh, but I'm guessing the shower and curtain is just one group, and setting the whole item to use the "blend" setting in TXMT will do this.

Have you checked to see if there are any separated versions of this item?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Jan 2023 at 6:27 PM
The shower is the Base Game shower. You pretty much confirmed what I was thinking. Looks like I will be searching for a separated version or maybe even take a stab at making one myself. Thanks for your response.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 1st May 2023 at 9:25 AM
@Marv61 : I'm a bit late to the party, and it's not quite what your looking for, but you might be interested in a version of the shower without the walls by HugeLunatic. It's really the opposite of what you want, as, if you play with walls down, the curtain is the only thing you can't see through! However, since it is just the curtain, the shower head, and the drain in the floor, it's probably a bit easier to do your own semi-transparent conversion, than with the Maxis original.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.